shape
carat
color
clarity

When to start planning a baby shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
One of my best friends is pregnant with her first child and at the moment she is only 12 weeks so I know it is still early. I was wondering at what point in their pregnancy do most women have their baby shower. I want to plan one for my friend, but she is the first one to get pregnant out of my college friends (she is 23) so I haven't been to any baby showers since I was a child.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother had her baby shower really close to her due date and went into labor that night! I think you can have them anytime late 2nd trimester through the 3rd trimester. I don''t think there are any etiquette rules for when it can be held, just remember that she''s going to feel huge and really tired in her third trimester and she won''t be able to fly anywhere or go on really long car rides comfortably. However, I''d also suggest waiting until after the 20th week so she knows what she''s having. It makes shopping a lot easier.

You''re so sweet for wanting to plan a shower for her!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
We live about 10 minutes from each other and most of our other friends live in the same city so the traveling shouldn''t be an issue. She told me that they are definitely going to find out the sex so I will wait until after they find out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I would plan it between 30-34 weeks and have the invitations out 1 month prior.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a thoughtful gesture to want to throw a shower for your friend! I planned one for one of my best friends, and I planned it a few months ahead of time. It fell a month before her due date, but the baby came a week later. It was cutting it a little close, but we had to work around her schedule (she had several commitments already planned very far in advance).

I'd probably send out invitations about 6 weeks prior to the shower, but you can do a lot of the planning way ahead of time. Think about where you want to have it. At a restaurant? Your house? Somewhere else? Are you planning on making food for it or having it catered? You can at least work on getting quotes ahead of time and that may help you make some decisions.

Have fun!

ETA: One thing to think about is whether you think your friend would want a shower before hand or would she prefer to have a "welcome baby" type of party. One of my friends had that and she was glad because she wasn't up for having something before the baby arrived. Just something to think about.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 11:57:58 AM
Author: KimberlyH
I would plan it between 30-34 weeks and have the invitations out 1 month prior.
Yes, be sure to send out the invites early *especially* if your friend would like out-of-town-guests to come.

Have fun planning.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''d plan it for around 30-32 weeks. Then she won''t be so hugely uncomfortable that she can''t enjoy it:)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Seconding everyone else--late enough that she knows the gender but early enough that she won''t crank out the jams halfway through the party. Man, I''m so eloquent!
9.gif
There was a party posted on hostessblog.com a while back that was a really cute idea that I can''t wait to throw as soon as someone I know is pregnant (hahaha, I''m a party-throwing nut!), but it was kind of like an "Announce the Gender" party. Everything was decorated in gender-neutral colors (like yellow and orange), all the guests wore either pink or blue depending on what gender they thought the baby would be, and they had a cupcake "reveal" where everyone took a bite out of a cupcake with candy in the middle so that the candy color revealed the baby gender. Lemme see if I can find the link if you want to check it out...here we go! Hostess with the Mostess has TONS of cute ideas for decorations, recipes, etc., too, so if you''re wanting to go all-out and make it really cute, I highly recommend browsing their site. Good luck, and best wishes to your friend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results