shape
carat
color
clarity

When to send save the dates when wedding is near the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

My wedding is going to be around the holidays next year. How early should I send out save the dates to account for this? I know that if I do not send them out fairly early people may make vacation plans to go elsewhere. I was thinking 6 months in advance but someone else told me 9 months...

Thanks!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Mine is the week before thanksgiving and we sent ours out 10 months in advance
no such thing as being too prepared :)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would send them out now if you can! I know a few people in my extended family who plan way in advance for holidays (2 yrs!), so I think it would be appreciated by those that you really want to be there.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As early as possible.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Yeah. I guess my problem is that I do not even have a guest list yet. . .

I should get on that. I am definitely one of those "slacker" brides, but I have an excuse I am in the middle of some very intense schooling at the moment (the live in the library type, even on the weekends!)

And thanks for the advice! Although, I have to admit I was really hoping that it wouldn't be "get on it now."
12.gif
hehe

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
No later than 10 months out...

I''ve got a Dec wedding & hope to have mine out next week! That whole holiday travel thing makes a difference.

jen2M

Rough_Rock
I am curious about this too, as ours will be near a holiday.

When is your wedding?

I think ours is going to be 12/19 (** crossing fingers everything goes well at the contract signing on Tuesday!)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
my wedding was 12/20 and we sent our save the dates at the beginning of march i think....but i had wanted to get them out earlier. however, i did make sure to tell anyone that had to come in from out of town or had to take special time off (would normally be working on a saturday, etc) as soon as we booked the date
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the earlier the better. We went ours out around 10 months out and it was NOT around any major holidays. People make holiday plans pretty early.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
This post has just given me a minor heartattack...10 months for STD''s? Really? My wedding is the week after Thanksgiving (12/5/09)...Is this considered "around the holidays?"....I guess I should start to finalize my guest list.

palomablancabride

Rough_Rock
We were married on 12/20 and sent the STDs out the end of June- that was the earliest we could since we were engaged in May.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would say, if your wedding is past June, then STD''s should go out to all OOT guests at the beginning of the year, no matter what. I am a huge planner of my vacation, and usually set aside my trip times at the beginning of the year. I would want to know at the beginning of the year, so that I can plan my vacation accordingly.

I think, if you''re wedding doesn''t fall on an actualy holiday or the weekend of, then it''s really not a huge deal. Just get them out to the OOT guests soon.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is the day after a holiday! So I better get on the STD''s. How long does it take them to come once you order them?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Yikes... well if you order custom printed ones that have to be spaced, set-up, and then approved by you (possibly numerous times), then the whole process could take anywhere from a week to 2 months. However, if you are doing something thru Magnet Street and other photo places, I have heard that those can ship the same week. It just depends. Do you know what you are going to use yet? Have you looked into anything?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is just my thinking, but once you secure the venue AND you''ve made a guest list, send out the STD''s to the people you know will come and the people you really want to be there.

We''re planning a fall 09 wedding, and will be securing the venue in the next month. Once we do, I''ll send out STD''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results