shape
carat
color
clarity

When to send invitations?

A

Anonymous

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the info using search. I'm wondering when the best time would be to send out invites for our wedding. Most of the guests are in town, however some of the guests will need to fly (including us). It's 6/30/11, so would be around the 4th of July holiday. It's also in a fantastic location to celebrate the weekend for most of the people (lots of fireworks, Niagara Falls, etc.) and close to where most of them grew up. So we suspect that many of our friends and family will make a mini-vacation of the weekend.

Anyhow sorry to be so long winded, I just wanted to give a fairly complete picture for reference. :wavey:

Thanks!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I believe 6-8 weeks is standard. If you haven't sent out save the dates, I'd send the invites 8-10 weeks before the wedding.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
stephb0lt said:
I believe 6-8 weeks is standard. If you haven't sent out save the dates, I'd send the invites 8-10 weeks before the wedding.

yep. we did save the dates 6 mos out, then sent out invites 8 weeks out, asking that rsvps be returned by 4 weeks out. of course, it's less than 4 weeks out, & i've only received a little over 1/2 of the rsvps. crazy people.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results