shape
carat
color
clarity

When to give wedding gift

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
My close friend got married this past weekend. She didn't have a traditional wedding, but instead got hitched privately with family only. It was sort of a last minute thing and I only found out about it a few weeks ago. They do plan to have a larger celebration later. Do I give the couple a gift now, since they were just married? Or later, when they have the celebration? I'm sure opinions vary on this, but I'd love to get some direction and guidance! Thanks!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Meg!

I think either would be appropriate, but I vote for now. I think it would be really thoughtful to celebrate this now, when most people are probably waiting. It will be a nice, touching surprise for her while she's still basking in the happiness of it. That's how I felt, anyway, in between my very small ceremony and larger party a few months later.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Aviastar - I'm kinda thinking the same thing.

bumping for other thoughts.....

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think either is okay and I think it would be a nice touch to send the gift now vs. waiting for the party that could be a ways off.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably send the gift now and then a nice card later. Since the gift is to celebrate their marriage, I think sending now would be good.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I would also go with now, and probably purchase something that I could give a cute, but small, follow-up gift for at the reception.

For example...maybe you've decided to get them that awesome new crock pot on their registry. I'd get that now, and then gift them a few utensils (slotted spoon/spatula/etc) at the party along with the card. Or you're buying them the towels for their master bathroom, I'd follow up with a gorgeous set of designer soaps and/or some monogrammed fingertip towels that coordinate with the set.

But this is mostly because I hate going to events empty-handed. :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results