shape
carat
color
clarity

When it rains, it pours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
So, we''ve been without A/C since the fall, which is okay unless you live in Texas. We can be 80+ in any month of the year. We''re getting that fixed ASAP now that spring is here; I just can''t deal with the 83% humidity . . . in the house. Fortunately, this cost is on the landlord (a personal friend).

And then, this morning, we find that the fridge is on the blink and we need to buy a new one. We decided to buy our own instead of having our buddy the landlord pay for that too. We thought we''d give him a break because he remodeled the heck out of his former family home (ceramic tile, carpet, paint, new DW and range), and did it fast to be ready for us to occupy just before our wedding. Just when the credit was looking good, bills were paid, had some breathing room and extra savings. Bye-bye savings, bye-bye.

So the appliance store where I worked for 15 years is where I''ll buy my fridge. They''ll give me a great deal at just over cost. Only . . . the owners of the store are out-of-town today, and I had to talk to Joe Schmoe salesman who doesn''t know me. So if I want the good price, I''ll be waiting a day or two without a fridge. And then maybe wait a day or so for delivery.

20.gif
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope you have some good resturants around...
9.gif
2.gif

Oh, and brace yourself, you''ve got one more to go. Everything breaks in 3''s.
5.gif

Having said all that, I really am sorry.
2.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Gee thanks Ellen for pointing that out about trouble coming in threes!

Well, actually it has . . . I''m being visited by Aunt Flo a mere two weeks after her departure from the last visit. And I feel much worse than I did then as well. Ah, the joys of hormonal upheaval.
20.gif

It could be worse. We could have gone to the store Sunday and spent a hundred or so on food for the fridge. It had been my original intention, but we got sidetracked. We did have a lot of stuff in the freezer though. Poo.
38.gif

Thanks for commiserating.
37.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really nice of you to buy your own fridge (even if the landlord is your friend). Hope you can get a new one (and your a/c) fixed fast!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 7:33:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That''s really nice of you to buy your own fridge (even if the landlord is your friend). Hope you can get a new one (and your a/c) fixed fast!
Well, nice yes. . . but, it will be ours to take with us when we move into our own home. I wasn''t nice enough to buy it for my friend.
9.gif

And, I saved big bucks this morning by using my former employer. Retail price was 250.00 higher than what I was asked to pay!
6.gif
That''s a good $100. better savings than what I''d hoped for.

36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hope you get your new fridge soon, Holly!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 10:04:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Hope you get your new fridge soon, Holly!

Ha! Had to laugh, ''cause . . . this has been the week from hell. My former boss, the appliance dealer, forgot to mark my purchased fridge as ''sold to Holly'' and another salesman came along and sold it to someone else. And delivered it this morning to someone else! So, tomorrow they will bring out a loaner to tide us over until next Thursday when their shipment comes in! I''ll be looking for that fresh start on Easter Sunday! Until then, I''ll just try to keep a low profile so the poo of life just sails right on over my head instead making a direct hit.
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that''s rough. Well, just think, in a week you''ll have gotten the bad luck for the year out of the way and can move forward!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 7:47:49 PM
Author: ladypirate
Aww, that''s rough. Well, just think, in a week you''ll have gotten the bad luck for the year out of the way and can move forward!
Ditto!

hopefully this is all you will have to put up with this year!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results