shape
carat
color
clarity

when it rains it pours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear that strm. Much dust and many well wishes to you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That sounds so uncomfortable Karl, I''m so sorry
7.gif

TONS of healing thoughts, prayers and dust headed your way - I hope the clot clears up very soon!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Strm.. I''m sorry to hear this. Praying for you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone
not going to be online much today sitting at the computer is bugging my leg.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Strm big hugs!

Go lay down!!!!!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, strm, I hope you feel better soon. I was going to attach something cute, but I figured your tolerance for cute was kinda low sooooo......

bluchick.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that Storm, I hope you feel better soon. Much dust and positive thoughts coming your way!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh
7.gif
I''m so sorry to hear about your blood clot. My mum had DVT last year, and she''s still battling it, one day at a time. I have my fingers crossed it doesn''t move.

Lots of rest, and keep that body part elevated at all times. Including during the night. I hope you feel better soon
7.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you the best for a quick bounce back. :)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Sending you lots of healing vibes and TONS of dust! Get well soon!

(((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Feel better! Sending healing prayers your way!

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
You''re in my thoughts. Hope it clears up soon.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that! Take care of yourself... Here''s some PS dust for ya''...

*DUST*

19.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Storm, so very sorry.

Please, please, please get better.

Sonoma

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m thinking good thoughts for you, Storm - hope everything turns out for the best, ASAP.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thinking good thoughts for you, strm!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So sorry strm, I hope you are feeling better soon. Thoughts and prayers outgoing for a fast healing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. Lots of positive thoughts your way!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes. I''ve had a PE and hubby had a DVT. Treatment is not fun, and is scary. Hope it all works out okay! Take care.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Hoping you get better soon.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 1:15:34 PM
Author: kama_s
Oh gosh
7.gif
I'm so sorry to hear about your blood clot. My mum had DVT last year, and she's still battling it, one day at a time. I have my fingers crossed it doesn't move.

Lots of rest, and keep that body part elevated at all times. Including during the night. I hope you feel better soon
7.gif
Sorry to hear about your mom it can take a long time to recover from it.
My first DVT/PE it took about 2 years for my leg to get back to normal.
After the second it never really did is always swollen up the 3rd didn't help any.
Make sure she is wearing a compression sock they really help.
My 2nd was 2 weeks I stopped wearing one.

This one is in the other leg have had a few shallow clots in it but no DVTs.

So far so good its still in the same spot and the swelling is down a tad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/30/2009 1:46:12 AM
Author: strmrdr

After the second it never really did is always swollen up the 3rd didn''t help any.

This sounds like very scary stuff, Storm. I was assuming that "PE" stood for "Pulmonary Embolism", but in the context in which you use it above that doesn''t make much sense. Obviously if the clot stayed in your leg, it didn''t move to your lung! And what does, "DVT" stand for? All I can say is that whatever it is, I''m against it! Get well soon...and have some cheese ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oh storm, that is terrible! Sending you healing thoughts and prayer. DUST!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 5:13:31 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
5/30/2009 1:46:12 AM

After the second it never really did is always swollen up the 3rd didn't help any.

This sounds like very scary stuff, Storm. I was assuming that 'PE' stood for 'Pulmonary Embolism', but in the context in which you use it above that doesn't make much sense. Obviously if the clot stayed in your leg, it didn't move to your lung! And what does, 'DVT' stand for? All I can say is that whatever it is, I'm against it! Get well soon...and have some cheese ;-).

AGBF

34.gif

yea PE is Pulmonary Embolism that was the first DVT in 1996
DVT is deep venous thrombosis ie: formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein.
Usually behind the knee.
It showed up in my lung first and the dumb doc misdiagnosed it as a panic attack because by the time I got there it had broken up into 3 smaller clots and my o2 was in the low ok range.
Then 3 days later my leg showed symptoms and they found the PE when they did a lung scan.
Was in the hospital 11 days.
The other 2 dvt in that leg didn't lead to a PE.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are in my thoughts and prayers that you make a full recovery!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Prayers and dust coming your way...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 10:46:47 AM

DVT is deep venous thrombosis ie: formation of a blood clot (''thrombus'') in a deep vein.
Usually behind the knee.
It showed up in my lung first and the dumb doc misdiagnosed it as a panic attack because by the time I got there it had broken up into 3 smaller clots and my o2 was in the low ok range.
Then 3 days later my leg showed symptoms and they found the PE when they did a lung scan.
The other 2 dvt in that leg didn''t lead to a PE.
Ohhhh, I can''t believe it progressed to a PE. My mum''s clot began in her calf, it was swollen and hurt like mad, she went to the Dr. and the guy said she just wasn''t moving her leg enough (
23.gif
), so she goes home and literally runs up a storm causing the clot to move to her thigh - it expanded from her knee all the way up to her hip. She''s on compression stockings for a year now, definitely helped her a lot...but she also has lichen planus, so the irritation causes tons of flare-ups for her.

I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to deal with it because it''s not something you can just treat and heal.

BTW: Out of curiosity, are you on warfarin/coumadin? If you are, do you have a list of medications that interact with the warfarin? If you''d like, I can get you the entire list and you can print it out for your records. I did that for my mum and stuck it on her fridge, so she checks it everytime she needs to take another medication and I''m not around for her to ask.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still sending prayers storm.
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:47:00 PM
Author: kama_s
Date: 5/30/2009 10:46:47 AM

DVT is deep venous thrombosis ie: formation of a blood clot (''thrombus'') in a deep vein.

Usually behind the knee.

The other 2 dvt in that leg didn''t lead to a PE.

Ohhhh, I can''t believe it progressed to a PE. My mum''s clot began in her calf, it was swollen and hurt like mad, she went to the Dr. and the guy said she just wasn''t moving her leg enough (
23.gif
), so she goes home and literally runs up a storm causing the clot to move to her thigh - it expanded from her knee all the way up to her hip. She''s on compression stockings for a year now, definitely helped her a lot...but she also has lichen planus, so the irritation causes tons of flare-ups for her.

I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to deal with it because it''s not something you can just treat and heal.

BTW: Out of curiosity, are you on warfarin/coumadin? If you are, do you have a list of medications that interact with the warfarin? If you''d like, I can get you the entire list and you can print it out for your records. I did that for my mum and stuck it on her fridge, so she checks it everytime she needs to take another medication and I''m not around for her to ask.

Most of the time if it is going to turn into a PE it will show there first before the leg that is why they call it the silent killer.

DVT is one of the most missed medical problems.
They are finding that the blood test is less than 60% accurate and many insurance companies wont pay for a ultrasound and contrast ct if the blood test is negative.

Yes am on warfarin have been since 96 except for 2 years.
Was on it for 2 years after the first then was off for 2 years and had the second DVT then back on it and was on it when I had the 3rd.
Am on it for life now.

Thanks for the offer of the list I have several.
I usually check online these days first.
Vitamin K is the biggest thing to watch out for as you know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results