AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart goes out to you, Bron.

Deb

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss :cry2: I'm glad you were there to give her a good life for the last 8 years x

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart hurts for you.

Sometimes its better a little early than too late, but its never ever long enough.

Run free Darling Button!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a beautiful post. Tears and love. Such a beautiful girl. I have been there.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Bron for your loss, take care, big hugs xx

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry. Dogs are such a gift from God. Several years back I had to put down my beloved black Shar Pei. A few years prior he had been hit by a car and by luck the vet was able to do a surgery he wasn't sure would work. It gave us a few more years together.

Sadly when the day came he had started separating himself from us so he could die. I'm a big burly guy that had my dog scooped in my arms and tears streaming down my face as I reminisced all the good times and bad times we went through together. It amazed me at how many life hurdles he had been there for and how he just touched my life in a deep way.

The vet was a total sweetheart and she hugged me as I wept like a little boy as she adminstered the drugs and I watched the life escape out of his eyes.

It took about a year but one day a girl I was dating found an ad for a chocolate lab. I was so resistant to the idea and she pushed me to go see the dog. I gave every excuse in the world why I didn't need the dog, it was a bad fit, etc. I even tried to intentionally flop a negotiation on price to kill the deal. She wouldn't have it. She got in the car with the dog and said pay the lady.

Later I decided that Stella seemed like a good name for this choc lab. It was the first time I had a lab and was amazed at how smart the was as a pup. Truly I think she used the bathroom in the house once before she was trained. She followed (and still does) me everywhere. Sitting down and she wanted in my lap. Hard to resist a blue eyed chocolate fur ball with floppy ears. Later her eyes would turn to a greenish brown color.

A few months later I had several surgeries and was immobilized for a period of time. Stella loved it. Saw it as cuddle time. She would crawl up on my good shoulder (as the other one and my neck had been operated on). This got her the name Labrakeet! She didn't care. She was a total spoiled brat. She still is today.

Now she is much bigger. Thankfully she no longer likes to get on my shoulder but I keep a pillow on my lap when at home as she does think that is her spot when we chill to watch TV. If not there, she can be found between me and the fiancee sprawled out so one part of her body touches her and the other touches me.

Hands down, Stella has been a great dog. I mention this to remind you that despite the pain and hurt you feel today, your Button was just a chapter in life and has somehow prepared you for your new Stella when the time is right. You can't have my Stella though, I love her too much, lol. ;)2

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Button sounds like she was very special and loved. So sorry for your loss.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Bron. You and your family opened your hearts and gave Button such an amazing 8 years, and she knew she was loved every single second, and even at the end. It is one of the most difficult and heart-wrenching decisions to make, even though it is a compassionate one, and we are just never ready for that time to come. May happy memories wash over you and be a comfort to you, and may all of the joy you gave Button return to you many times over in the days and weeks to come. (((Hugs)))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww Bron, I’m so very sorry. :cry2: Button was as lucky to have you as you were to have her for 8 precious years. May all of your memories of her bring smiles once you’ve cried all of your tears. Sending gentle hugs....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thought of when the times come for me to say goodbye to my cat and dog makes me cry.
They are such wonderful pets and companions, my children substitutes, I would be very upset to see them go.
DK :((

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*hugs*

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry, it is never easy to lose a furry family member, even when you know it's the best thing for them. Our girl is 12 and starting to slow down. I dread when the day will come and our hearts will break all over again, as they have before.

But the love and joy they bring to us far outweighs the sorrow, although it can be hard to fill the hole they leave behind. It sounds like Button had a wonderful 8 years with you. Hugs for you and your family.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. :cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry about your Button...I cried when I read what you wrote about her. I could feel your love for her in your words. You gave her the best dog life..with her forever family that loved her.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bron, I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to Button was so moving. I could feel the love all of you shared. Button sounded like she was a very special girl and you the best doggie mom ever! I hope you and your family find peace and joy in your memories of the wonderful life you gave Button.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Bron, that has just about broken my heart. What an awful decision you have had to make, but you know it was the right decision for Buttons.

Sending you all huge hug & love ❤️Buttons has had the most amazing & loving life with you & she will have gone over that rainbow with a smile on her face x

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Bron, thank you for sharing the story of your beloved Button. Your love shines through in your writing. I am so sorry for your loss.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear that Bron!:cry2: I was moved to tears reading what you wrote. What a beautiful story. :saint:Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful Buttons with us. I don't know what is worse, having to make that decision that everyone dreads or having it happen naturally. My mother recently just had to go through what you did. Her beloved Chihuahua of 13 years got sick suddenly (Vet said she had a stroke) and she had to be put down. She had been my mothers constant companion for 13 years so it was not an easy decision to have to make. She is still having a hard time with it now a month later. Sometimes letting go is really hard!:(2 I know that you are thankful for the time that you got to spend with her and just remember that one day you will be reunited with her.:kiss2:

May you feel her loving presence with you until that time comes! ;)2
I send you big hugs from across the miles!! {{{{ HUGS!!}}}}

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron, I hope things are getting a little easier for you. I can only Imagine how difficult this has been for you, One of my brother jokes that if he had his dog first, there would be no children. Dogs give us conditional love and greatly improve our quality of life. They bring so much joy to our lives. I’m thinking of you often and hope you can remember all the joy your baby brought you. Hugs

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im so sorry for your loss. It’s one of the great injustices of life that pets are with us for such a short amount of time.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry about your puppy :( Hoping you are doing okay.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. We've been losing too many around here. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she found you as her permanent home.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Bron. What a lovely tribute. Tears just reading it.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry to read this. We lost our retired racing greyhounds one after another and our home will never be the same. Proposition 13 in Florida will determine greyhound racing legality going forward so we expect to be fostering four hounds pretty soon, hoping to adopt two and find homes for two.

Your heart will always carry your beloved. Wishing you peace and comfort. <3

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
93B0B35C-4613-4106-A09B-96796CEF7C1F.jpeg
I’m so sorry to read this. We lost our retired racing greyhounds one after another and our home will never be the same. Proposition 13 in Florida will determine greyhound racing legality going forward so we expect to be fostering four hounds pretty soon, hoping to adopt two and find homes for two.

Your heart will always carry your beloved. Wishing you peace and comfort. <3
Sending hugs to you too.
Button was our 4th rescue greyhound. We had Lily, then Windy, then Zoomie and last was Button.
Greyhounds are such amazing and beautiful dogs, gentle and loving. We are deciding whether to take in another Rescue grey or to wait for another Saluki. I am torn, I really hope to get a show Saluki from a breeder in Spain but that might be a few years away.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO sorry, Bron. I feel your loss, never having had the good fortune to have met Buttons. She was a very lucky girl to become a part of your family, and I'm sure she felt all your love, every minute she was with you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Bron. The story of your beautiful Button brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like you gave her the perfect life and she
gave you all her love in return. You cant ask for more than that. I wish you peace in the coming days.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously I am late to this thread, but big hugs to you Bron. You are an angel for taking in rescues and loving them the way they deserve to be loved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results