shape
carat
color
clarity

When is the best time to propose? Holidays or not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quincy

Rough_Rock
My gf of 4 years now is expecting me to propose soon. But she always plays it off by saying I won't propose for another 5- 10 years. But anyways, I'm thinking about proposing on New Years, or Valentines. Is it better to do it on these days or on a normal day where she least expects it. She already was hoping for it last month when our 4 yrs anniversary just passed. I would do Christmas but that is coming up too soon for me. I think holidays she will expect something.

Also, I would love to propose somewhere else besides the place where we've grown up and lived for most of our lives (The Bay Area) but I'm not sure how to find a better location (Las Vegas?! Some tropical place?! Lake Tahoe?! New York?!) Would these trips actually give it away as well?

Basically, I know I want to propose just don't have the set idea or place yet.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it matters if it''s the holiday''s or not...at least for me it wouldn''t. I think regardless if she thinks you will on New Years or Valentines, she really doesn''t know for sure that you will ask so that''ll make it a surprise. Either way, her happiness and excitment over it all will override the element of surprise.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think unless the two of you go on trips and extravagant date ocassionally for pure fun, then not having it on holidays might actually ruins the surprise. I am sure she will know that you are up to something if you took her out to a nice place for no ocassion or holidays. So holidays might mix her up a little, letting her think that you are just going out for the holidays. Although during holidays, you will probably have less privacy since lots of people are out celebrating also.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
You could also slip her up by asking her questions about the holiday that you are planning on proposing that will make her think that you aren''t going to propose.

For example:

Christmas day (although I know you said you aren''t doing it this day): Ask her what she wants for Christmas and tell her you can''t think anything to get her. If she brings up a ring, make it sound like it''s not going to happen that day and you need other ideas for gifts.

New Years Day & Valentines Day: Tell her you have no idea what the two of you are going to do, but secretly have a plan. However, make sure you tell someone (trust worthy, who won''t spill the beans) what is going on in case she decides to go ahead and plan something since she might think you''re not doing it.

These would slip her up and make it a surprise...it would me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results