shape
carat
color
clarity

when i look at the man i''m going to marry.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
(complete the phrase): what do YOU see?

when i look at the man i'm going to marry my flutters a bit, skips a beat, i get goose bumps, and i smile and blush.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stop smiling because I see the cutest, most adorable, sweetest, funniest man ever and he loves ME!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I see someone who really knows me and loves me for all that I am and can be... someone who is infinitely complex but at the same time simple in his needs, with a true heart. And it still makes me melt when he plays with the cats... but I''m WAY past goosebump, heart fluttery stage....

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 9:31:38 AM
Author: sumbride
I see someone who really knows me and loves me for all that I am and can be... someone who is infinitely complex but at the same time simple in his needs, with a true heart. And it still makes me melt when he plays with the cats... but I'm WAY past goosebump, heart fluttery stage....
Haha... oh Sum, I am right there with you... both with the melting over kitty-playtime and being a bit past the goosebump stage!!
31.gif

I had a fair amount of relationship-drama in the past... I was a classic fixer and fell for guy after guy who needed way more fixing than I had the energy for. I was so addicted to that heart-pounding instability and insecurity that I could NOT imagine being satisfied with somebody who was strong and stable and WHOLE. Until I met my FI... when I looked at him then, I saw an attractive, confident guy with an open, genuine smile and depth in his eyes... when he talked, he reminded me of my dad, my brothers, and some of my best friends... all rolled into one. He was exactly what I looked for in a friend... but not a boyfriend!

When I look at him now, I see somebody who has grown with me in countless ways over the last 4 years, who knows me inside and out and brings peace and balance and happiness to my life just by holding my hand as we walk through the park. The goosebumps have given way to a general, all-encompassing warmth that I've never felt with anyone else... just a blissful contentment that goes all the way through me and still surprises me every time I feel it.
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ephem... LOVE the warmth comment. so true!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, also well past the fluttery stage (is that bad? Does that mean something?) I feel...

Lucky.

I feel that I finally got it right. The last time I dated him I screwed up badly, wasted almost a decade on losers and bastards, only to realize the real person I was supposed to be with was him. I see the future father of our children, the son my dad is missing (in Australia with new wife), the light bulb changer, the silly yet sweetest man alive. I see the rest of my life in the shadows and the person who loves me when I''m sick, fat, bossy, and bratty. To sum it up? I see Paul, my favorite (other than my dad) man alive.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The best word I can find is content and whole. I used to get goosebumps and shivers earlier on, but now I just have this amazing feeling of happiness and peace to have found my perfect life partner.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m already married but everytime I see him I feel complete. We seem quite different on the surface, but our opposites work perfectly together and our core is exactly the same, with similar beliefs and aspirations. My stomach still jumps when he walks in the door (after five years, it''s stupid I know), but at the same time I feel very calm whenever I am around him.

*M*

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 10:27:24 AM
Author: sumbride

I'm WAY past goosebump, heart fluttery stage....
With you on this one, Sum! The butterflies only come when he does something truly unexpected.

For me, it's an overwhelming feeling of contentedness. Knowing that this is the person who's inspired me to be a better person in so many ways, and who has loved me even when my attempts have failed. I look at him and feel like this is where I'm supposed to be--right here with my best friend in the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results