shape
carat
color
clarity

when for bridal showers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
how far in advance of the wedding are bridal showers/bachelorettes done? thanks..

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how far in advance they are supposed to be, but my bridal shower was about 10 weeks before (2.5 months) and that felt like a good time to have it... not so early that I wasn''t ready to go into bride-mode, and not so late that it was too close to the wedding. We had one for my friend that was about 4.5 months in advance, and that seemed a little early. But better that than too close to the wedding!!

As for bachelorettes, I believe those are typically closer to the wedding... usually the month before? I went on a trip to LA with my MOH for my bachelorette, so that ended up being about 2 months in advance... it was the pefect getaway weekend!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m also not clear on the "supposed to" part but my showers are scheduled for July and my wedding is the beginning of October.

Ours came down to scheduling and my desire not to have anything in the month before the wedding. I figured that if I had any chance to relax at all before the wedding, I didn''t want to be competing with things that were supposed to be fun! My bridesmaids lead very busy lives, so we were only able to find 2 weekends the whole summer where we were all available. One is the shower and the other the bachelorette.

Our first shower will be a couples shower in Texas given by my mom''s friends and we had to schedule that for the weekend we were going to be there. My bridal shower, thrown by my bridesmaids, will be just 2 weeks later in DC. The bachelorette weekend is at the end of August, again due to scheduling and my "september rule". My 2 out-of-town ladies are flying in for BOTH weekends! I''m so thrilled!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
There really is no hard and fast rule to showers and b-retts. Isn''t that great?!!
21.gif
However what the previoius 2 posters said sounds like a good set of guidelines to me :)

My MOH hasn''t firmed up any dates yet but she has told me my shower will be at the end of June and the bachelorette at end of July for my end of August wedding.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Most girls i know have had their showers between 2 & 3 months before the wedding. the bachelorette parties are within the month of getting married.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on what the bride wants/is comfortable with...mine was the weekend of the wedding so out of towners could mingle before the big day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results