shape
carat
color
clarity

When does the engagement sink in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
SO proposed yesterday morning and it almost doesn''t feel totally real yet! It''s a strange contradiction - on the one hand, my brain is weddingweddingwedding, but on the other hand, I don''t quite feel like a ''bride to be''. I almost feel like an impostor or something, LOL. Like me, getting married? Really?!?
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. It still hasn''t sunk in for me. It''s been 3 months and I still feel like it''s crazy that I''m getting married.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It''s still exciting, almost 2 months later! I don''t know how ''real'' it feels, since we haven''t really done any planning. I tried on dresses one day, but just for fun. I think when we get started with concrete plans, it will sink in more. Or when we finally move in together!
28.gif
Or when something big changes... right now, we are planning for our 6th anniversary, so it feels a lot like more of the same, except that I am really relaxed and happy, what with no longer being an LIW!
9.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
When some well meaning relative/friend asks for the millionth time, so how are the wedding plans coming? And you actually have an answer.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:27:25 PM
Author: mayachel
When some well meaning relative/friend asks for the millionth time, so how are the wedding plans coming? And you actually have an answer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe that is it!

My dad was getting very frustrated that we haven''t set a date yet, and loudly proclaimed that we had been engaged for nearly 2 months already!
23.gif
Ummmmm, yeah.....

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting married in, uh, 17 days and it is just sinking in now
9.gif
(and that's after being engaged for 15 months)

I'm pretty sure even after we're married I'll be thinking "We got married?! Really?!"

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:47:54 PM
Author: elrohwen
I''m getting married in, uh, 17 days and it is just sinking in now
9.gif
(and that''s after being engaged for 15 months)

I''m pretty sure even after we''re married I''ll be thinking ''We got married?! Really?!''
I''m 11 days pre marrige and have been engaged for a year...I still don''t really feel like a bride. I will say however that everytime I try on my dress I think about it.

I''m sure it won''t really sink in till the day of.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 5:45:16 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

Date: 9/8/2009 4:47:54 PM
Author: elrohwen
I''m getting married in, uh, 17 days and it is just sinking in now
9.gif
(and that''s after being engaged for 15 months)

I''m pretty sure even after we''re married I''ll be thinking ''We got married?! Really?!''
I''m 11 days pre marrige and have been engaged for a year...I still don''t really feel like a bride. I will say however that everytime I try on my dress I think about it.

I''m sure it won''t really sink in till the day of.
Ditto. I only just had a brief, "Oh crap!" moment and I''m 11 days away.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again on the engagement! For me, it sunk in that we were engaged, when my mom made me cry after 6 weeks from the proposal about how our wedding is suppose to be which was the exact opposite of what we wanted..hence we''re still trying to figure it all out! Good luck with your wedding planning!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!

I agree with previous posters...I don''t think it ever sinks in, haha! You''ll have random moments where its like "OMG I am freaking getting married!" but for the most part, its all a dream (a very good dream
31.gif
)

I also felt like an impostor at the beginning :) When you start signing up with vendors/venues, if you go with other women, they will say "who''s the bride here?" and its so weird to step forward and say, "Uh, I am!" But you get used to it
25.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! For me, it sunk in when we actually started the planning! Definitely sunk in when I started seeing the $$$''s adding up in the planning process too, ha!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i think when i almost started crying at my final fitting this weekend with my parents and moh and bm there and they put the veil on and the dress fit just like its supposed to :)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 3:20:45 PM
Author: elledizzy5
LOL. It still hasn''t sunk in for me. It''s been 3 months and I still feel like it''s crazy that I''m getting married.
ditto. we just finished moving and my mom reminded me that i need to start wedding planning.
"wha..wha...whaaat?" was my response.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
yeah i''m about a month away and i mean, i know i''m planning this big party, but the last time there was a big party for ME was when i was a little kid having a birthday party. i mean seriously, when do people actually send out invitations with response cards? hmmm. never.

i''m thinking this weekend will really hit me hard- we are having the bachelorette party and my second shower with all of my friends/family. i cannot WAIT.

i still say to FI, "dude, you''re about to be my husband. and i''m gonna be your wife. that''s crazy."-
to which he lovingly responds, "well, i could always just call you my forever girlfriend."
30.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I''m still waiting for it to sink in too. I''ve been engaged for a week, and still don''t quite feel the impact. In my case, it may be because we''re going to have a long engagement. So there''s no wedding planning in the near future for me. Hopefully it''ll sink in when that starts up.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
When I started (absent-mindedly) scribbling down my new full name as C.. R.... instead of C...L... which is my single laydee name LOL

I did this yesterday to see how my new name would sound and has a nice ring to it. And oh, I dotted my i''s with lovehearts.......
20.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, it never sank in for me! The whole thing still feels so surreal (in the best way possible), and I''ve been married for almost three months!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with Kittybean. It hasn''t sunk in yet. Sometimes I start jumping around with lots of "We''re getting married!" but then that kind of subsides. I think the day of, it will hit. Big time.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Well I''ve got big time butterflies just reading all of the responses, so it''s definitely sunk in for me, 2 months from the wedding.
6.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement AB!
36.gif

For me it kinda has and hasn''t sunk in. We have been engaged for 14months but occasionally i still forget we are engaged.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been married for a year and I still have to stifle a giggle every now and then when someone says "you''re husband."
Tee hee. Husband. Hee hee hee. That''s what grown-ups have, I can''t possibly have one of those, right?

It also hasn''t sunk in that I''ll be 29 next month, especially since I spent about five minutes today second-guessing whether I''m turning 29 or 28. Wishful thinking, I guess.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:27:25 PM
Author: mayachel
i''m gonna have to second this! just three more weeks to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results