shape
carat
color
clarity

When did your child stop taking naps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my three and half year old is done with naps now
33.gif
, its been a few days, but it was soooo nice to take a little snooze though while it lasted. So when did your child stop taking naps.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
3 1/2? Consider yourself lucky you lasted that long! My oldest stopped napping at 2 1/2 and my younger 3 alll stopped by their 2nd birthdays. But that being said, they wre all very very good night time sleepers from around 8 weeks on. So I was VERY lucky in that respect.

One suggestion, if you find that you need that time for yourself and your child just won''t nap, with my oldest I was successful in reshaping naptime as quiet time. And would have him play in his room for around an hour around what would have been naptime. I framed it as quiet time and would read him a book first and encourage him to be creative with his blocks and legos or look at books. He actually enjoyed that time and so did I!!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I still remember that she was 2 1/2 and how I cried when she stopped napping.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London was..let me see..3? No..well, she quit about the time Trapper was born, so she was not quite 3 1/2. She''d started shortening her naps by then, and if she was tired, she''d just go lay down on her own.

Trapper still naps-he''s 2 1/2. He needs them. We''re actually trying to rearrange his bedtime so he goes down earlier for his nap b/c I have to get him up early so we can go get London after school.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somewhere right around 3 for my youngest. My oldest was much longer, but she put up more of a fuss at night. It was a tradeoff between the two. I would have preferred more nap time on number two definitely!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
2.5 for my youngest as for my oldest 6
33.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t mind my DD awake, but boy this week has been quite a change with her moodiness before she goes down to sleep at night but she does go down a little earlier than usual.

I would like her to do quite time in her room, but her room is next to her 10 month old sister and she is a light sleeper when she naps, so usually she plays in the family room thats the furthest from any bedrooms.

Camille- 6 years! wow!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I remember taking naps in preschool so I must have been 4 or so, but it sounds like it''s uncommon for kids to still be taking naps at that age
33.gif
Now I''m confused. They probably just wanted to shut us all up for an hour
2.gif
Though I distinctly remember not being tired and not wanting to take a nap in the middle of the afternoon.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Thehe, she
Date: 9/10/2009 10:44:14 AM
Author: D&T.

Camille- 6 years! wow!
Thehehe, she used to come home from kindergarden, eat some yogurt and nap for an hour LOL now my little guy started climbing out of the crib around 10 months.
8.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
my oldest stopped at 3 1/2, my 2nd stopped at at 3 and my 3rd is only 10mo..but I LOVE naps
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m nearly 25 and still napping
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 5:08:50 PM
Author: musey
9.gif
I''m no 25, but I love my naps!!
24.gif

My kids stopped their naps at around 3?? Gosh that was ages ago!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 5:08:50 PM
Author: musey
9.gif
lol... yep I do this on the weekend and I"m nearing 30
23.gif
,,, (DH and I take turns
3.gif
)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 4 year old is still napping.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Miller was 3 in June. He naps for a solid 2 hours every day. If we do miss, he is a grumpy little man. So looks like I get naps for a long time yet.....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This thread has been timely for us. The first day this thread was up, I was ready to write "JT is 3.5 and still naps every day." However, in the past few days, he''s skipped his nap 3x. He''s usually completely exhausted at bedtime but he isn''t getting grouchy on those days. On the days that he does nap, it has shortened from 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to 30 to 45 min in less than one month. I think our napping days are numbered!

Is there a general consensus that "quiet time" is necessary for ALL kids or do you think it''s individually based??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought my DD was done with naps, as she skipped two days last week, well just yesterday I gave DD quiet time to do coloring and alphabet tracing. TV was off, second DD was taking a nap, and I was half asleep on the couch. Well DD was done with quiet time and then just walked on over and plopped herself on the couch with me to take a nap on her own. So now I''m thinking she''s old enough to know when she is tired and needs a nap?
33.gif

Somethingshiny - I like quiet time. For us at least it helps "calm" my DD down and helps her learn to control her hyperactiveness per se. So I think its a good thing.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T, London will do that too-just decide she needs a nap. It''s kinda nice! Trapper likes to snuggle, so he''ll come take my hand and say "C''mon mommy, nuggle me" and we''ll go snuggle in the recliner if he wants an extra rest without actually sleeping.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 5:44:57 PM
Author: packrat
D&T, London will do that too-just decide she needs a nap. It''s kinda nice! Trapper likes to snuggle, so he''ll come take my hand and say ''C''mon mommy, nuggle me'' and we''ll go snuggle in the recliner if he wants an extra rest without actually sleeping.
awww that is sooo stinkin'' cute! I sometime wished my kiddos would do that,,, maybe my second DD...lol I must be a needy mommy ehh...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results