shape
carat
color
clarity

When did you start noticing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 12:22:34 AM
Author: monarch64

I just read somewhere also that you should avoid sleeping on your face (like the prone or fetal positions) as this can contribute to wrinkles developing faster. I am a fetal position sleeper, unfortunately, so I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to sleep on my back now, lol! But that's sort of a dilemma: do I lose optimum sleep because I am not in my most comfortable position and age myself that way, or do I continue creasing my face by having it smushed into the pillow? OMG I really need to get a grip here!

So...today I made sure to get my required intake of water (64+ oz.), didn't smoke at all (yay!), and I PATTED on my anti-wrinkle eye cream before getting into bed, where I will try my darndest to sleep on my back and not smush my face all night!
16.gif
35.gif
AGGGH! Really?? Oh no! Total face-down sleeper here.
39.gif

RE: drinking water. I was never a big water drinker, but lately I've been drinking a ton, and the trick for me was to get a good-sized glass. I previously had been filling a 32.oz Nalgene bottle and hardly touching it all day. Now I refill a 13.5 POM tea glass like 4 or 5 times a day. I can drink this glass down in two or three gulps, so it's not an effort/chore for me, you know? HUGE difference for me!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
at 33 (now)....on my forehead. thank god I have bangs. I was like WA THE FA?
I might have them now too when I smile under my eyes...but who knows if they were already there...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:41:45 PM
Author: moremoremore
at 33 (now)....on my forehead. thank god I have bangs. I was like WA THE FA?
I might have them now too when I smile under my eyes...but who knows if they were already there...
I don''t know why, but the bangs comment just cracked me up. I can imagine us girls just continuing to grow out our bangs to cover our wrinkles until we look like Cousin It.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
But TG, will you still need polarized glasses with all that hair? think of the money we''ll save!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI I also heard we should sleep on silk or satin pillow cases, better for our faces and also keeps out hair from falling out or something! Use your ring finger (it is the not as strong as your index finger and so more gentle on the skin) to pat on eye cream, never rinse with hot water, only warm, blot and do not rub your skin (or hair) dry...some helpful tips from me
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 12:18:49 AM
Author: diamondfan
But TG, will you still need polarized glasses with all that hair? think of the money we''ll save!!!!
LOL, you are on to something! We''d save on suncreen too....and possibly toilet paper....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use this from the Skin Care Lab.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Fluide Extreme SPF 50+
A unique, lightweight fluid, great for oil-prone skin, formulated with Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX for maximum broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection (50ml)

Read this article http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2229315&page=1 This is what stops wrinkles. I use this all the time now.

Ingredients: Mexoryl XL, Mexoryl SX

skincarelab_1932_2735777.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, you are being verrry silly! I think some of you have been getting into the wine tonight!
38.gif
9.gif

Skippy I will have to take a look at that link you posted...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 12:42:28 AM
Girls, you are being verrry silly! I think some of you have been getting into the wine tonight!
38.gif
9.gif
Sadly, I am having an alcohol free January...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 1:18:01 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 1/27/2007 12:42:28 AM
38.gif
9.gif
LOL yes this is her natural state...
3.gif

haha re the face down sleeper or side...i sleep on my side so who knows what i might wake up with one day!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed when my dad told me late last year. He said, "You''re starting to look older." (never one to beat around the bush) "You have wrinkles now and your cheeks are sagging." THANKS, DAD.
20.gif
Of course, that sent me into a tizzy and now I''m moisturizing like a madwoman. I can now see horizontal lines on my forehead, a general sag under my brows, and my cheeks are not as perky as they were before. Oh, and fine lines under my eyes.

I still haven''t bought into the whole eye cream thing, though....why can''t I just slather my regular face moisturizer onto the skin around my eyes, too? Why must I spend the extra $50 for eye cream that feels EXACTLY like my face cream? If anyone knows the answer to that, I''m all ears!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

What a bummer.

9.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 2:09:54 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I noticed when my dad told me late last year. He said, ''You''re starting to look older.'' (never one to beat around the bush) ''You have wrinkles now and your cheeks are sagging.'' THANKS, DAD.
20.gif
Of course, that sent me into a tizzy and now I''m moisturizing like a madwoman. I can now see horizontal lines on my forehead, a general sag under my brows, and my cheeks are not as perky as they were before. Oh, and fine lines under my eyes.

I still haven''t bought into the whole eye cream thing, though....why can''t I just slather my regular face moisturizer onto the skin around my eyes, too? Why must I spend the extra $50 for eye cream that feels EXACTLY like my face cream? If anyone knows the answer to that, I''m all ears!!!
Yay! It''s nice to see someone who hasn''t fallen into the cosmetics/skincare industry trap.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 12:10:27 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Date: 1/27/2007 2:09:54 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I noticed when my dad told me late last year. He said, ''You''re starting to look older.'' (never one to beat around the bush) ''You have wrinkles now and your cheeks are sagging.'' THANKS, DAD.
20.gif

Yay! It''s nice to see someone who hasn''t fallen into the cosmetics/skincare industry trap.
Here''s a recently published article on this subject.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=78136

I''ve always just used plain old Oil of Olay w/ SPF and I get tons of compliments on my skin. I don''t wear any sort of face make up, except maybe a bit of bronzing powder during the winter because I''m pale.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
The best defense against wrinkling and pigment changes is sunscreen just make sure the active ingredient is
avobenzone, titanium dioxide, or zinc oxide & SPF 15 better. Wear sunglasses they help in inprotecting your eyes & the surrounding skin. I had melanoma when I was 20, so I can & will talk your ear off about the importance of sunscreen.

NO cream is going to erase the wrinkles you already have but it will make your skin look nice & smooth. Not everyone needs moisturizer on their face either. If you dont have dry skin you dont need it.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, most of my friends (guys and girls) have deep lines around their eyes (I guess they''re crows'' feet?) They''re only 26-27. My fiance also has the same lines and he''s 26. I swear my dad didn''t start getting lines around his eyes until he turned 55. His skin is just amazing. My mom has some age spots but no wrinkles. She''s almost 57. So far no lines for me, so I''m very grateful for the genetic factor!! My mom does moisturize every day, but she doesn''t do sunscreen (to my horror!). My dad has no skincare regimen.

I wear Neutrogena Healthy Skin with SPF15 every day. I''m more conscious of the sun, now that I see the effect it has on my friends. I also make sure to rub the SPF15 on my hands. My face gets totally mushed into my pillow at night, I am not a graceful sleeper!! I do get scared about potential wrinkles on my face because it gets so abused at night!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oh wait! I almost forgot! I think the skin on my neck is aging though! There are horizontal lines on my neck and they''re so ugly! I always moisturize my neck, but I don''t know what else to do. I first noticed them this past year and I''m 26. EEEEeek! I''m not happy about this!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what to do about my neck either. My face has very few and super light lines on the forehead only, but my neck!
14.gif
I have 2 deep horizontal lines across it as though I'm wearing a choker. I've exfoliated and mosturized but it's still there. How do I minimize them?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, well, I noticed the kind of dark circles, a little puffiness under the eyes around 32-33, but no real wrinkles until the past year or so - I will be 46 next week and I am just now starting to notice fine lines around my eyes and mouth when I smile!!!

Apparently I was blessed with good genes, thank God. I, too, have always been one to worship the sun and never really took very good care of my skin. I do use moisturizers in the morning and at night (if I remember), but that''s about it. I''ve always looked a good 10 years younger than my age,but judging by my mom, I think it''ll catch up with me in my 60''s.

As for the grey hair, well, I have a few but have been coloring my hair for a while now. My fiance, who is 11 years younger than me has way more than me, lol! It drives him nuts!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I have never really been conscious of wrinkles. I guess it''s the way my mom brought me up, she never cared, so neither have I.

I have been conscious of my tummy pouch and cellulite though!!! YUCK!!!!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I know this is a little off topic, but along the lines of looking young, I present my case. My grandmother (Nana) has never smoked, rarely drinks, has always been active in one way or another (she LOVES to polka lol), and stayed out of the sun. My nana still lives by herself in her second floor apartment, still drives well, and takes her girls (her friends in their 70s & 80s) to bingo. Here is my nana- how old do you think she is?

47b7df06b3127cce81f7392a588400000025102BYuGTZwyYw

She will be 90 in a few months... I hope I get her good genes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Molly,
You and your Nana look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She looks gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Here is what Causes wrinkles: I buy La Roche-Posey, but I have friends that are dermatologists and told me to buy it from Europe or Canada and now the ingredient Mexoryl protects against the rays that cause wrinkles.

Here is some info from the Article link:
Most sunscreens available in the United States protect only against long-wave UVA and both forms of ultraviolet B light. But the new compound, known as ecamsule, has long been available in Europe and Canada. It is made by the L'Oreal cosmetics company.

The new product is considered a superior sunscreen chemical because of its ability to block UVA light — a harmful, wrinkle-causing form of sunlight — and because it lasts longer in the sun.

The product, Mexoryl SX, contains two standard sunscreen chemicals as well as ecamsule and will be sold as a daily moisturizer cream. It should be on pharmacy shelves sometime this fall, but it's not known how much it will cost. It will be sold under the name Anthelios SX.

Many dermatologists are happy about the news.

"We are delighted that an effective sunscreen agent has been approved by the . . . FDA. We're aware that this ingredient has been available in Europe since 1993 and we know that it is an effective UVA sunblocking agent," said Dr. Stephen Stone, president of the Academy of Dermatology. ". . . It is an effective UVA blocker. It will have some role in protection from skin cancer and photo-aging — our term for aging from sun exposure, like wrinkles and skin pigmentation."

I also use Retin A which helps generate new skin.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I felt I wanted to say a few things on this thread, if that''s ok. I am 46 and will be 47 on March 23rd this year. I have good genes from both parents, but I also have taken the care of my skin quite seriously. No, I haven''t had any skin cancers or whatnot, thank goodness, but nonetheless, I have worked hard to have a skin ritual.

I use a SPF daily irregardless if I am wearing makeup or not. I usually put it on right after I shower and am putting on the usual body oils, creams and whatever. I have made it a practice to apply my facial creams prior to applying my body oils and creams so as not to put too much on my facial skin. My hubby calls my skin regime, "the ritual", because I just have always done it. I feel weird if I don''t.

I exfoliate daily with a facial scrub that my daughter, an esctechian, gets from her work. Its fab on the face and the body. You use the same one for a month then get a new one for the new month. Helps with the neck area, elbows and heels as well. People tell me that I look pretty good for my age and that is nice to hear. I do not have crows feet yet by my eyes. I do have terrible dark circles every day, but that is nothing new for me. I have allergies and my doctor told me that is common for us with allergies. I use a Boscia undereye cream and alternate with a vitamin K cream which seems to lessen the circles a bit.

As a teen and young mom, I had break outs and hated it. When I was in my teens I went to a dermatologist and that helped alot. Now, at a more mature age, I coddle my skin with hydrating creams every other night only in those areas that need it. With my combination/normal skin, I get oily eyelids, dry patches on my forehead and cheeks and smooth everywhere else. I use a primer on my skin that has a SPF of 15 that is slightly tinted. If I want to, I just wear that for the day to free up my skin my makeup. I am diligent about talking off any makeup or daily creams at the end of the day before going to bed, regardless of how tired I am.

Those rings or creases on has on your neck? I was told by a dr. that is acquired with age and if not moisturized daily, will become more in number. Basically, those rings tattle on you of your actual age. One should never pull down on your skin. Gravity does that. We are to use our fingertips and stroke UP whether we are applying an SPF, a body lotion, makeup...whatever.

I admit I have 3 of those rings with the third one rather faint and if I have anything to do or say about it, it will stay that way for as long as I can make it so! Ha! No, seriously, I want what all of us want and that is to look as best as we can, irregardless of age. A large part of that IS caring for our skin and I am into that pretty deep. I encourage my kids, male and female, as well.

Also, some days are better than others. If I slept less than 6 hours, for me, my skin shows it and it aint pretty. I eat as healthy as I know I should, MOST of the time. I get plenty of water in me for energy. I am not into deep fried foods so my skin is saved from that, not to mention my waistline. Stress is a key ager. I found for me that if I really want to speed up the aging process, I need to learn to de-stress my life or handle it better.

Here is a recent photo of me that I have mentioned on another thread I would upload if I got the chance. I am no raving beauty but I think I hold my own. Not too shabby for a lady of 46 and mom of 9...

proof_DSC0140ed.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are so beautiful, mother of 9!!! I think sunscreen is essential.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deanne, you are beautiful for ANYONE, no kids or 9! You glow, and look radiant...so whatever you are doing, keep it up...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 8:08:39 AM
Author: Ellen

What a bummer.

9.gif

It is better NOT to drink if you want your skin to look good...who saw Britney on the cover of US looking like W. C. Field? UGH...she needs to quit partying, it is showing on her too much.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
molly you and your nana are so cute. i would say she''s probably in her 70s...my grandma is something like 85 but i always think she looks like 70 or so. my mom is 55 but honestly i think she looks like she''s in her 40s. then again i am a bad judge of age, i always tend to think that people look younger than they are. though i do have one or two friends that honestly are not aging well...they look about 5 years older than they really are if not more. and i have a few friends who are aging amazingly well and look like 10 years younger, one of my friends is 38 and honestly looks 28. she just has a very youthful look about her. i think part of it also is how you dress and how you carry yourself. you can put on a suit and instantly look 10 years older...on the same vein wear trendy jeans and a flowing top or similar with hair down and you look 10 years younger. all tasteful of course....but clothes to me play a huge part of how people come off to others in terms of age.

recently i was out with some friends and we were all ordering drinks and they asked me for my ID...i don''t think they asked the others, but i can''t remember. when she looked at the card (i laughed as i handed it to her), she raised her eyebrows at me and nodded her head up and down like ''damn girl''...i was kind of flattered but it was just really funny. i know i tend to look younger for my age but now when i get carded i have to laugh because i''m 32! and when they card me and not greg he always asks them ''don''t you want to see my ID too?''...hehe.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
That is funny that you got carded. Would you believe that the last time I was with a couple of my friends, out of the 4 of us I got carded and I am the oldest one of the 4 of us!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
lol travelinggal....i think i read in a mag that they thought nicole kidman was preggers bc she grew bangs so her wrinkles from not getting botox wouldn't show!

I have had some form of bangs since like 5th grade LOL...I just don't look good without them...they are a pain in the ass but i guess they are paying off now! :) and the Xena warrior princess jokes never get old
40.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Molly, that pic is so cute of you two!! I am going to guess your Nana is about 80, and not because she looks it in the face, but because of her hands. Hands always tell a story that a face might not. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. Either way you both look great!

Deanna - you sure don't look like any mother of nine that I know! Whatever you're doing is working!

I starting noticing in my mid thirties that my eyelids were starting to droop a little, especially on one side. On some other thread a while back I complained about this, and Mara suggested putting my diamond on the offending eyelid (diamonds have healing properties, yanno) and well, even though it was a good suggestion, I'm afraid it just didn't work but it was worth a shot!
2.gif

I will be turning 40 in March and man do I see quite a few grey hair making an appearance lately!!! Sheesh, nobody invited it, but I guess that's all part and parcel of the aging process. One bonus is that I don't have many facial or eye wrinkles.......yet!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results