shape
carat
color
clarity

When did you start noticing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! I have two faint lines starting in my forehead, but they are still faint, one moreso than the other, so I guess that''s good. I plan to age gracefully without alot of interference, if you catch what I mean, but I am not totally opposed to a little assistance, but I am not anal about it.

I figure, we are what we are and what we have inheirited is part of the package, but so is how we care for ourselves. I wish I could sleep more and exercise more. With the silver(in my case) hairs, I just keep the weave thing going on in my hair and they blend right in! So far, I have 12 or 13 according to my hairstylist and most of those are in my temple area. On my mom''s side, they get gray/silver later in life. I actually look forward to being a silver haired fox!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 12:21:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
FYI I also heard we should sleep on silk or satin pillow cases, better for our faces and also keeps out hair from falling out or something
I actually do this
1.gif
I have bought 2 of these slips pillow cases and I certainly have noticed a difference in my hair it is pretty much the same when I wake up as when I went to bed no hair fairy fluff
12.gif

As for helping with wrinkles maybe. I don''t have too many but i do''nt seem to have the side cheek lines that most morning I used to wake up with. I have also bought a Facial Flex (someone here was talking about it) and I really think this works on your lower face really well. I have been using it for 5 weeks now and already I have noticed a change so maybe
36.gif
I have botox for the lines between my eyebrows but only about twice a year as they seem softer.
All up I a pretty happy that after over 45 years of livng in a very sunny climate and having been a serious sun worshipper till i was 30 I don''t have too many wrinkles or sun damage
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 5:56:45 PM
Author: diamondfan

It is better NOT to drink if you want your skin to look good...who saw Britney on the cover of US looking like W. C. Field? UGH...she needs to quit partying, it is showing on her too much.
I realize what alcohol can do, but I''m not gonna give it up totally. Guess I''m just not that vain, I''d rather get silly once in awhile.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol heather, sorry the diamond on the eyelid didn''t work...maybe you need a larger stone?
11.gif
31.gif
hehee. isn''t that the cure for everything?!

alcohol can definitely age you but i think it''s more about excesses...if you are out drinking every night then sure you''ll look haggard. but a drink here or there won''t add 10 years....also aren''t there some positive properties of wine vs hard liquors for skin? or am i just imagining it? hehe.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:28:37 PM
Author: Mara

alcohol can definitely age you but i think it''s more about excesses...if you are out drinking every night then sure you''ll look haggard. but a drink here or there won''t add 10 years....also aren''t there some positive properties of wine vs hard liquors for skin? or am i just imagining it? hehe.
I agree.

And I''m not sure about wine being good for skin, but I think they say a glass or two of red? is good for your heart? I am just now trying to like wine, I tried several years ago, but it just made me sleepy, even 1 glass. Now that I''ve tried it again, that doesn''t happen. But I hate the too sweet or too dry, so it''s gonna take awhile to find out what I like.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:28:37 PM
Author: Mara
lol heather, sorry the diamond on the eyelid didn''t work...maybe you need a larger stone?
11.gif
31.gif
hehee. isn''t that the cure for everything?!
By golly, Mara, I think you might be on to something!!
34.gif
3.gif
2.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:06:40 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Not sure if anyone''s said this yet but make sure you drink LOTS of water. Not gallons, but more than the 8 glasses doctors tell you to drink per day. When your skin gets dehydrated the fine lines show more. Oh, and I''m 26 and I already have lines under my eyes and on my forehead so you''re not alone.
I try to do this but I spend all day in the bathroom. With two little kids, you just can''t do that.

I just read in Vogue about a line of skincare products that is supposed to be fabulous. It is called Liz Earle. I might give them a try. I am really starting to notice the lines. My skin has always been dry. No matter how much water I drink, when I get a facial they always say I am dry. If I put too much moisturizer on, it seems greasy.

I think the best two things you can do for your skin besides sunscreen are get plenty of sleep and don''t smoke. I can almost always tell a smoker by their skin. Dead giveaway.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I would never say do not drink at all, just saying be aware of how much too much can affect you...Britney looked SCARY and if she keeps this lifestyle up her face might stay that way! Of course, anything in moderation is usually fine and I for one cannot do without a nice glass of red wine when we are out to dinner...just pointing out the consequences of overdoing too often...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
df, I agree, in excess, it will definitely do damage. A few years ago, I ran into a gal I graduated with. I honestly hope my jaw didn''t drop when I saw her, as she looked like absolute hell, VERY old. She''s a big partier, and believe me, it showed.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 12:43:03 PM
Author: ellaila

Date: 1/26/2007 12:22:34 AM
Author: monarch64

I just read somewhere also that you should avoid sleeping on your face (like the prone or fetal positions) as this can contribute to wrinkles developing faster. I am a fetal position sleeper, unfortunately, so I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to sleep on my back now, lol! But that's sort of a dilemma: do I lose optimum sleep because I am not in my most comfortable position and age myself that way, or do I continue creasing my face by having it smushed into the pillow? OMG I really need to get a grip here!

So...today I made sure to get my required intake of water (64+ oz.), didn't smoke at all (yay!), and I PATTED on my anti-wrinkle eye cream before getting into bed, where I will try my darndest to sleep on my back and not smush my face all night!
16.gif
35.gif
AGGGH! Really?? Oh no! Total face-down sleeper here.
39.gif

RE: drinking water. I was never a big water drinker, but lately I've been drinking a ton, and the trick for me was to get a good-sized glass. I previously had been filling a 32.oz Nalgene bottle and hardly touching it all day. Now I refill a 13.5 POM tea glass like 4 or 5 times a day. I can drink this glass down in two or three gulps, so it's not an effort/chore for me, you know? HUGE difference for me!!
Oh gawwd!!! Thritto the face down sleeping, can't do it any other way!
32.gif

Deanna - you are such a beauty!!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 8:23:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Oh gawwd!!! Thritto the face down sleeping, can''t do it any other way!
32.gif
How do you people breathe??
33.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 8:30:15 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/29/2007 8:23:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Oh gawwd!!! Thritto the face down sleeping, can''t do it any other way!
32.gif
33.gif
I am one of those face down sleepers or more like stomach down with face turned to the side on the pillow sleepers and that''s how I breathe-lol. Bad habit but I don''t know if I could fall asleep any other way...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 3:57:44 PM
Author: Cind11

Date: 1/29/2007 8:30:15 AM
Author: Ellen

33.gif
I am one of those face down sleepers or more like stomach down with face turned to the side on the pillow sleepers and that''s how I breathe-lol. Bad habit but I don''t know if I could fall asleep any other way...
OK, that I can see, that''s how I sleep. But I was picturing people with their face literally down and thought, I''d suffocate. lol

The only way to truly get away from it would be to sleep on your back, no way I can do that, at least not when falling asleep. I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results