shape
carat
color
clarity

When did you realize he/she was the "one"

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH knew I was the one for him within a week of meeting ... it took me a couple of years ... at some point it hit me that "this was the real thing" and while not perfect or without challenges, it has been a seriously good life together.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was married for 15 years. When Mr. Right appears, I'll post about it! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, missy, so sweet of you! Yet another reason to expand my bling collection.... I'll have five girls. We don't want them fight over my stuff, right?
:D

Exactly! I like the way you think @kipari. Please don't hesitate to enlist my shopping help whenever you want. I am ready and willing and able. :bigsmile:

shoppinggif.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love at first sight for both of us. It was a powerful feeling like a shotgun "bang". We started talking marriage the first week. Over 20 years later and we are still in love.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks Missy! Your relationship always gives me hope that it is possible! :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I have been together since we were 16. It’s like our energies found each other.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three days after we met, we were in my dorm room at college. He was sitting on my bed with his back against the wall, and I was lying on my bed - feet on the pillows, my head propped up on his leg, just chatting. He was asking me all about my family, and for no reason I could understand, I knew he was *genuinely* interested. Both of us were going out with other people at the time, but in that instant I knew - "this is the one."

That was 36 years ago and, turns out, I was dead right. I love that man. Him, and only him. Always him.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I was going through a divorce (short, mistake marriage). My ex and I had been apart 6 months or so. I was finally on my own for the first time, new apartment, bought my own car, started a new job.
I had made a list of things I really wanted in a partner from height range and hair color, to education, goals, humor... a long list. On my 2nd day at my new job in a hospital ER , this guy in a white lab coat(check) walks by, dark blonde wavy hair (check)... I asked my coworker,
"Who is THAT?!".
I tell my husband this and I'm not sure he believes me, but when I first saw him I heard a voice, like someone standing next to me, say "He's going to be your husband".

From the first date, it was just so easy to be with him. So comfortable. No awkward moments, no mistrust, no red flags. He tells me it was the same for him, like we had known each other for years.
First date was March of 1993. Married 25 years this year!:kiss2:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I am divorced and even back then I didn't believe in soulmates as in "there is only 1 person in the world who is meant for you."
But - way back in my early 20's when my ex and I were first dating had rescued a dog, and he lived 3 floors up. He explained when the dog was a puppy he would carry him down the flights, and then carry him up the stairs multiple times for him to "go". And I got to witness at least two times a day him walking the dog down the three flights, and then walk him up, and tenderly wipe his paws if they were muddy. That melted my heart.

I also appreciated that he always seemed to be there for his friends. That ended up being a double-edged sword; apparently after we got married I was no longer his friend but in the "wife" category. His friends (and social life) continued to be a priority over other parts of his life.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember right after I met him he was looking at my car...I had to crawl thru the passenger door to get in the driver door was broke...he said let me fix that and then he checked my oil and changed that and my windshield wipers...I remember thinking dang that was awesome and here were are..been together 36 years this last February and married 35 this coming May....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results