• 1 day before missed period I tested positive

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • BFP on day of expected period

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 1-2 days after I missed my period

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • 3+ days after I missed my period

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Longer than that - I had no idea - it was a surprise!

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Just show me the results!

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wondering what the overall rate is of getting BFPs in relation to days before/after missed periods. You can vote up to 3 times, since many of you have had several pregnancies.

Also, if you're willing to share primary symptoms that would be great too! :cheeky:

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
For both of my pregnancies (I lost the first one early) I got my BFP on the day I expected my period, which was 12DPO. I tested the second time at 9 or 10 DPO and it was negative, but I didn't test daily so I don't know if I would have gotten one earlier. :))

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My BFP was at 10 DPO, 2 days before my expected period. Needed to test as early as possible because of the upcoming Fourth of July weekend!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My BFP was at 11 DPO, so 3 days early. I had around 80 HPTs in the house - internet cheapies - so I started testing at 5 DPO and tested multiple times a day (I had a bit of a POAS addiction). I had a BFN in the morning of day 11 and a VERY faint BFP in the evening. Confirmed the next morning with a FRER and a digi.

I was charting so I had things like that to go on. Otherwise my symptoms were: no migraine - I have migraines that are triggered by a drop in oestrogen and they normally start around 4-5 days before AF and - and this will sound weird, although other people have reported the same - I smelt of buttered popcorn!

Things like sore boobs, feeling sick etc didn't kick in till later. Nothing obvious in terms of CF, although CP was high and soft.

Hope that helps! Are you PG? :wink2:

basil

Brilliant_Rock
It was after I missed my period, but I had just come off BC so I didn't really think much of it at first. I didn't have any symptoms.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... perhaps a "how many DPO?" would be the better question to ask? (Though lots of women are not able to pinpoint ovulation). What is truly important is how soon after fertilization the body starts to produce hCG.

I got my BFP three days after my expected period... BUT I only have a nine day luteal phase. So really, my BFP came on 12 DPO. 12 DPO is actually very normal/somewhat early for BFPs.

Whenever HPT boxes say, "Test as soon as five days before your missed period!" they assume you have a 14 day LP and that your period will arrive 15 DPO. So really, they don't want you to use the HPT until you hit 11 DPO.

As for symptoms, both times I was pregnant the dead giveaway was realllllly sore breasts. So sore I could not give or receive hugs. Ow!

ETA: Do you know someone who might be pregnant? :naughty: :naughty: Keep us updated!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't having regular cycles but according to my blood work I was 3.5 weeks when I found out. It was way too early.

ETA: my symptoms were greasy hair, upper back pain, and fatigue.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, I accidentally checked the wrong box!

I got my first faint positive at 8dpo. My LP was usually around 14 days, so that was 6 days early. I tested with a digi the following morning to make extra sure and it was positive. I then tested every day for another two weeks or so...I had a ton of leftover Wondfo pregnancy tests.

ETA: I was not a believer in early symptoms, but that cycle I cramped every day since O day, my boobs were sore and I had mystery heartburn...by about 3dpo I was telling D I was pregnant.

Positive Pregnancy Tests.jpg

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for everyone chiming in! I may or may not be pregnant -- we had an oopsie a few weeks ago, but we'd be thrilled. I got a very faint line with a wondofo just like NEL's a few minutes ago, but a negative with a pharmacy test yesterday. My boobs feel like they might fall off which is not a normal AF sign for me, so maybe I am! We'll seeee....

ETA: As per my fertility friend chart I also had the post-ovulation temp dip that is consistent with pregnancy.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
If you got any positive, regardless of how faint, that is a yes! :appl: I didn't take tests until I was at least 3 days late, and by that time it was very dark. I'd wait a couple days and POAS.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
megumic|1316978583|3025244 said:
Thanks for everyone chiming in! I may or may not be pregnant -- we had an oopsie a few weeks ago, but we'd be thrilled. I got a very faint line with a wondofo just like NEL's a few minutes ago, but a negative with a pharmacy test yesterday. My boobs feel like they might fall off which is not a normal AF sign for me, so maybe I am! We'll seeee....

ETA: As per my fertility friend chart I also had the post-ovulation temp dip that is consistent with pregnancy.

MEGUMI! :appl: :appl: A line, is a line, is a line! Congrats to you and your DH!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I got a BFP on the day of my expected period. I had tested 4 days earlier and got a BFN. My symptoms were what made me decide to test as we were not trying but had unprotected sex. I was on a flight home from a business trip. I normally get motion sickness but the nausea I felt was not like anything I had felt before. So I decided to test and it was negative. That whole week I was extremely tired. I came home every day from work and slept until the next morning. Decided to test again and BFP. I never had any other symptoms other than that initial week (and heartburn).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Meg, I'm with Shiney and PnPsMom--a postive is a postive, regardless of yesterday's negative test. You may get a couple of false negatives this early, but if any test is picking up a positive, that's what matters. Congrats!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, thanks all. I'm not convinced it's real until I get like 43534759287524879 positives that are dark and for realz. My friend who has one DD and is 8 weeks preggo came over and saw it and thinks it's positive too. I'm 12 DPO, so I guess a few more days and we'll know for certain. Personally, I'm reserving comment until it's sure SURE, KWIM?? Ahhh, will check again tomorrow and repost!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I was 10 DPO (3.5 weeks total). My lines were SOOO faint the doctor's office would not even confirm it (hence the blood test). Congrats!!! False positives are really rare.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Megumic, post a picture of your line and we'll analyze it for you. Congrats!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

I didn't know I was pregnant until I was almost 8 weeks in, so can't answer in terms of the DPO question. The one thing I did notice was that I completely lost my appetite and things that normally sounded good to me, actually repulsed me. Other than that, I didn't notice anything that specifically pointed to pregnancy, but then again I had a surprise pregnancy and wasn't looking for any symptoms,.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Meg good luck. I didn't test until I actually MISSED my period, so I was 2 days late. My LP is 10 days, so I was actually 12 DPO I think.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
8 DPO. 6 days before period.

wow, that seems so long ago.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I had cramping at 8 dpo, and got my BFP lunchtime on 9 dpo.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It was probably about 3 - 4 weeks after my missed period. I had been TTC, so it wasnt a surprise exactly, but I just lost track of dates. It was a really busy few months in my life, with law school exams and a few family events, so I just sort of forgot.

I was driving to a lecture when this tiny thought popped into my head, to remind me that I couldn't remember when I last had a period. I nearly killed myself doing a u-turn on a pretty busy stretch of road to get to a pharmacy. I tested in the cold, draughty bathroom at the university, then sat through a two hour class on forensic evidence. I sat through that class thinking "I'm pregnant. I'm having a baby. I'm pregnant. OMG. I'm pregnant. Wait, what did he say..I should take notes... I'm pregnant, I'm having a baby. What was that slide supposed to be? Oh gross. Well, hey, I'm pregnant. Textbook? Oh, I think I left it in the pharmacy. I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby." In fact, i think i was mumbling this under my breath - people moved away from me at the coffee break...

Early symptoms were nausea from the smell of nail varnish remover (looking back, that must have been around 10 DPO) fatigue, ravenous, insatiable hunger, and the loss of a forensic medicine text book. ;))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
5 days I think? I bought the expensive tests, the 5 days early or something like that and then the cheapo tests. The interesting thing is the early detection tests really do pick up early and the cheapo took awhile to turn preggo.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
First time was the morning my period was due. I'd been temping (to avoid, was planning to start ttc in about 6 more months since I'd JUST been hired for a new job :-o ) and when it didn't dip down I became suspicious.

Second time I was TTC and obsessively testing. :rolleyes: I think I was 8 or 9 dpo when I got my first faint bfp on a cheapy hpt strip I bought online because FRER's got expensive fast with my habit! :tongue:

So, when are you going to come back and update us! :devil: hehe

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I didn't test until I was a week late, we were TTC, but just going with the flow and not temping or charting. I had some spotting for a day or two, so figured it was just AF. When the spotting didn't turn in to a regular period, I finally went out and bought some sticks. I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms until a few weeks later.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn't test until the day after my period was due, so I don't know how early I could have found out. With both pregnancies (and two other times while TTC, making me believe I may have had chemical pregnancies then) I started burping before my period was due. This pregnancy I started burping (loudly and often) and getting carsick 10DPO. My luteal phase is 14 days so I didn't test until 15DPO. The burping is just easing up (mostly) now at 17 weeks.

There were other cycles where I did test early, but after wasting pregnancy tests I just decided to wait until AF was late. I was using an ovulation predictor so I knew when to expect it. Both times when it didn't show up on time, I was KTFU.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Phoenixgirl, I never tested until I was 1 day late.

Unlike Phoenixgirl, though, I never had any symptoms.

A line is a line is a line!

geri

Shiny_Rock
Mine were all 8-10DPO and the reason I tested each time was because my breasts were sore and the veins became very prominent. Good luck!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you, M, and hoping you got the result you wanted... whatever it may be!

Hoping for an update sometime soon :))

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, jury is still out on this. Gimme a read ladies! Top one is yesterday afternoon, bottom one was tonight. Neither are morning tinkles, but it's the best I got so far. Whaddya think???

am.i.preggo.JPG

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Totally positive. The important thing is that the line is pink, which yours is...that means it's not an evap line. Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results