shape
carat
color
clarity

When did you/are you send out the wedding invitations??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
How many weeks prior to the wedding did you send the wedding invites?

Theknot.com says ideally 8 weeks prior, with the response card deadline 3 weeks prior. I was thinking it may be better to send the invites earlier just to give people a heads up. We didn''t send save the dates.

Also, how many weeks till the wedding did you request the response cards??

Thanks ladies!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
My response my be different because I did send out STDs but I think the 8-week time frame is good. If you''re sending within the USA, they''ll recieve the invite 2 or 3 quick days later and if you want an RSVP 3 wks before the big day, then that gives them 4.5 weeks to have the invite in thier home and to decide :) That''s a long time. Plus, I''ve heard that if you give guests TOO much time in between receiving the invite and having to RSVP, they''ll forget altogether.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m sending out Save the Dates with my christmas cards for a 26/07/08 wedding date, they will include hotel info/website info etc.

I will then send the formal invitations out around the 1st May.

3 months seems about the right length of time in advance if you have people coming from all over. If they are all local, I would think 2 months would be okay.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding is in September, we sent out std''s last month. I am sending out invites early June and asking for response cards by early July. I''m doing this b/c the majority of guests are out of town and I hate to say it, but if many say no, we will probably invite more locally. I''d like enough time to send out invites to that second group.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I actually decided to go with 6 weeks because most of my people are local and I think that is plenty of time to respond. I have had friends who have gotten married and received cards and presents after the even along with apologies from people who simply forgot about getting the invitation at all because there was so much time in between, also have had some with people who rsvp-ed and then didn''t show, also with regrets that they forgot (although if a guest ''forgets'' your wedding then you might not want them there anyway)

Oh yeah, and we are diy-ing and quite simply need the extra 2 weeks to finish up -- I LOVE my invitations, but they have almost killed me
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results