shape
carat
color
clarity

When are you going to start decorating for fall?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
We usually start getting the fall decorations out in mid September. What are some of your favorite things about the fall?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE everything about Fall !!!!
It is my favorite season !!!
I just took out a pretty yellow pitcher and filled it with yellow and white mums !!!
Looks so pretty on my kitchen island !!!

I will decorate more when the temperature isn't in the 100's :shock:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Fall is our whole family's favorite season. I usually decorate around mid-August, as soon as some of the apples are ready. However, I have limited space for decorating this year and a 13 month old. So, I've yet to do any decorating beyond a shelf. I'll get some stuff in the kitchen because it's out of harm's way but I don't think I'll do any more in the living room. Our house is mostly red, yellow, and green anyway.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I really love EVERYTHING which is why I chose to get married in October! And my SN is "autumn"

I start decorating in mid-September too :)

I love the way the air smells.
I love the colors that the leaves turn.
I love the fresh air.
I love candy apples.
I love cinnamon.
I love apple cider.
I love halloween decorations.
I love fall decorations.
I love "long-sleeve" weather.
I love that it leads to thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.
I love pumpkin picking.
I love going to haunted hay rides.
I love going to this one area in North Jersey (near mt. vernon) where there is a huge mansion and a live band plays with great food and down the street there are to die for homemade blueberry/apple-walnut pies being made.
I love that its not TOO cold but cold enough that I want to snuggle up under the covers.
I love how nostalgic it can make me feel.

I love that I'm most happy in the fall.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
The SO wanted to start two weeks ago. I said no.

I may cave and let the decorating begin mid September.

Don't get me wrong. Love fall, it's my favorite.

When we decorate for the seasons... the whole house is decorated. Maybe that's why we have 3 large plastic totes for each season. Not to mention holiday specific totes, xmas 6, halloween 3, easter 2.

We like decorating. :D

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any season-specific decor right now, except for Christmas...and that's only one measly Rubbermaid Tub. :nono:

I'm not sure I'll ever really have seasonal decorations, even when we finally have our own house, but I plan on amassing many many more Christmas decorations, as well as those for Halloween and Easter!

We always try to have seasonal fresh flowers in the house, though, and I DID finally switch over to the pumpkin spice-scented candles last weekend...

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love this time of year! I never heard of decorating for it though - what exactly does that entail? Is it specific things, or just different colours etc? It's definitely Autumn already where I live. The tree fruits are all ripe / over, the migratory winter geese have arrived and we woke to our first Har (costal fog) this morning. The air smells crisp and smoky. By far my favourite time of year.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I never heard of decorating for fall either, except some people put up a fall-ish wreath on their doors. But fall is my favorite season too, the smell of leaves & of earth, tree colors, the light is wonderful. I always have the impulse to go home & make pies in the fall. We live in the southeast U.S. now -- I grew up in the northeast & there is nothing like a northeastern autumn. I will miss that the rest of my life.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Moved to California last year and...well, no Fall really

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even know people decorated their homes for seasons.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am ITCHING to pull out my fall decor! It has been really hot in Chicago until yesterday, and as soon as it started to cool down I looked at DH and said "The autumn leaf garlands are coming out!"

I'll probably start with some small changes inside the house this week. Change out my summer candles for fall candles, that sort of thing. I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. And I can't wait to start planning my fourth annual Apple Fest!!!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1315242774|3010111 said:

I didn't either. I don't have the time or energy to do this, but I'd love to see photos of other peoples' work! I can admire, if not aspire ;))

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1315243897|3010118 said:

I didn't either. I don't have the time or energy to do this, but I'd love to see photos of other peoples' work! I can admire, if not aspire ;))

I agree - I'd love to see photos!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
two days ago i came across my fall door wreaths while searching for a lamp shade and thought, too early? nah!! i put them up!! :bigsmile: i will probably hold off on the rest for another week or two, but i am definitely feeling ready! fall is my favorite season too!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I WISH I could decorate for fall!

I can't because it would be a farce. We don't get "fall". We have 9 months of summer and 3 months of "slightly cooler than summer" per year.

The heat index for my area is 102 right now. :rolleyes:

Sucks . . . :nono:

I miss fall . . . :blackeye:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My fall decorations are pumpkins, apples, grapes, and leaves mostly. Then at Halloween, I throw in a few ghosts or black cats.

I put a "pumpkin patch" or "apple orchard" across the top of my entertainment center. I have lots of ceramic, wire, handmade pumpkins and I entwine fall leaves amongst them or fall flowers. Or I'll do small bushel baskets and apples, apple blossoms and leaves. I do grapes in the kitchen to go with the wine theme. I switch out my pillows for fall colored ones and swap pastel candles for deeply hued and fragranced ones. Basically I warm it up a lot with colors, textures and fragrances.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only decorate the inside of my house for Christmas and when we host a holiday celebration. I do, however decorate my porch/front door for the seasons. I just put yellow mums out, but they''re in my teal summer planters, so I guess I'm transitioning right now. I love fall but I'm not *quite* ready to give up summer. So within the next month or so I'll wrap the planters in burlap to hide the teal color and do some other seasonal decorations like pumpkins and a fall wreath.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
We don't slip into autumnal weather until October, and even that's only marked by the daytime highs going from the low 80s to the mid 70s. It's kind of a seasonal buzzkill, but there are other benefits to living in a place with this weather. :lol:

Since moving to Southern California, I've held off putting fall decor up until a couple of weeks before American Thanksgiving. (And I desperately miss switching over to Fall fashions, with their sumptuous wool gaberdines, sassy suede boots and long-sleeved silk blouses! *sigh*)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don't decorate for the fall, but my favorite things about the season are:

the cool, crisp air
the colors of the leaves
my birthday!
Thanksgiving dinner
pumpkins
apple crisp
a couple long, holiday weekends

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
October 1st. Fall is my favorite season!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1315239239|3010075 said:
I really love EVERYTHING which is why I chose to get married in October! And my SN is "autumn"

I start decorating in mid-September too :)

I love the way the air smells.
I love the colors that the leaves turn.
I love the fresh air.
I love candy apples.
I love cinnamon.
I love apple cider.
I love halloween decorations.
I love fall decorations.
I love "long-sleeve" weather.
I love that it leads to thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.
I love pumpkin picking.
I love going to haunted hay rides.
I love going to this one area in North Jersey (near mt. vernon) where there is a huge mansion and a live band plays with great food and down the street there are to die for homemade blueberry/apple-walnut pies being made.
I love that its not TOO cold but cold enough that I want to snuggle up under the covers.
I love how nostalgic it can make me feel.

I love that I'm most happy in the fall.

Minus the North Jersey part... this is me... exactly. 100% me.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I start decorating whenever squash becomes in season so my piles of squash look like part of a theme instead of piles of crazy. I love love love squash and since DH is a vegetarian, we eat a lot of it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite thing about fall (and spring) is that it's not snowing, not freezing, not hot as hell, and hockey starts again so DH will STFU about not having hockey on.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1315323111|3010718 said:
My favorite thing about fall (and spring) is that it's not snowing, not freezing, not hot as hell, and hockey starts again so DH will STFU about not having hockey on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm dying, here. Hilarious.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've never heard of anyone do this either. I only ever decorate the house for Christmas.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1315326485|3010755 said:
ame|1315323111|3010718 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm dying, here. Hilarious.
He's a whiny baby about it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited for fall! And I think Mother Nature might be understanding because it's in the 60's today, which makes me a very happy lady.

I don't do any decorating, really, I just switch out the summer air fresheners for more autumn-scented air fresheners.

All weekend I kept talking about apple cider doughnuts and how I couldn't wait to go apple picking so we could get them.

September is my favorite month--still warm enough to enjoy going to the Cape and Islands, but without the summer crowds! And hiking this time of year is fabulous, too. Not to hot and not too cold!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that perfect time when the leaves have turned beautiful colors but haven't really started to fall off yet. We have this amazing combination of evergreens so the red/orange/yellow trees have lots of deep green around them still. Especially beautiful on a clear morning driving around the lake as the sun comes up with just a hint of fog :love:

This year I should be thrilled -- the trees started to turn red back in July. I got to spend all "summer" looking at the beautiful colors.

"Summer" has finally gotten started around here so I'm not ready to move onto fall yet...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1315239669|3010080 said:
The SO wanted to start two weeks ago. I said no.

I may cave and let the decorating begin mid September.

I caved earlier than expected

Living Room
fall%20008.png

fall%20006.png

fall%20005.png

fall%20004.png

fall%20011.png

Details from the Sun room
fall%20022.png

fall%20021.png

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beatiful, Davi!

You've inspired me to stop at Home Goods on my way home from work today. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results