shape
carat
color
clarity

Whee! A little bundle of joy arrived today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
No, not a baby. After years of frustation and hair pulling my husband finally received his green card today. I won''t go into our 8.5 year green card saga, but I will give you this bit of advice that I wish we received a couple of years ago: If you are having any sort of issues with getting your green card, call your congressman and ask for their help.

After years of getting no help at all from INS/USCIS and after getting some spectactularly unhelpful advice from an immigration lawyer (file for citizenship!) a friend of my husband''s suggested talking to our congressman because helping their constituants deal with federal agencies is part of their job (which I kind of knew in a vague way but what that meant never really penetrated). Anyhow, less than a month after speaking with the very helpful Maggie at Sen Markey''s office, my husband now has his green card.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I wish I could say that contacting our congressman helped in our situation (visa issue)...but it didn't.
38.gif
Not one bit. I'm glad your congressperson was more helpful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
It''s crazy the hoops you have to jump through sometimes to get people (& agencies) to do their jobs! I''ve actually had to go through a local congressman''s office twice now to get things handled (professional license, passport). What a mess, so I feel your frustrations.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, I''m so happy to hear about the little green bundle of joy that arrived for you and your happy hubby today!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful news!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!

congratulations2.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you! Thanks for the good advice, too; I have at least two friends who are locked in a neverending battle with the INS over citizenship. I''ll pass on this useful information.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
How great! My brother in law had a lot of trouble getting his years ago. He was married with a few kids and was still having problems. It all worked out after years of frustration. I''m glad your situation ended well today too! Definately celebrate!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
I hope I''m not in for that long a wait.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results