shape
carat
color
clarity

What''''s your ideal proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 4:21:08 PM
Author: beanie
I am ALL for the going back to where it all began...... i am not familiar with the hotel surroundings but seeing as it is winter maybe not many people will be outside so you would have it be kinda private anyway... i am sure she wouldnt mind a few people... plus i am not really into the whole public thing either.. but when my bf asks me.... i will be in such a zone.. no one else would matter.....

as for the whole staying part.. if you could plan to have one of her friends set it all up at her apartment for when you, and when you get home another element of surprise..you could have candles and rose petals all over or a path of petals going to the bedroom.

HAHA, I''m not all for going back to where it all began--our relationship began washing dishes in the dining hall in college!
14.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
I do like the Idea of going back to her place and having someone set it all up right before we get there as well. Staying at the hotel would cost $300-$400 per night so I'm not sure if its worth it either. I rather spend that much the following weekend together than one night there, but I haven't worked all my connections. I have to find a way to have our song outside......

here is the resort: http://www.broadmoor.com/

Anyways, thanks for all your input so far....I see a good amount of people checking this topic but noone else is spilling their guts. This a great way to get your ideas out and help the poor men....thank you

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 12:51:12 PM
Author: Caribou
My ideal proposal was the one I got last night.
9.gif

i was thinking the same thing about my Monday night Vegas proposal!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, I have heard everywhere here about your engagement (and I saw those rocks on the other forum!!) but what''s the story?? Did I miss it??
34.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Good Day... Noone else have any ideas on what you would like. I''d realy like to know.

TIA

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I haven''t really put a lot of thought into this yet. A few things I think I don''t want are (i) a proposal in bed (not the best story for the grandparents or the youngins, (2) a proposal in the most expensive restaurant in town (I''d rather it be somewhere we go every night and I''m uncomfortable with it happening in front of a whole bunch of strangers just trying to enjoy their meal); (3) too many cliches (i.e., chocolate covered strawberries, horse and carriage, etc).

My friend had a nice proposal: they went to a nice resturant, had a wonderful meal, then took a walk along Fell point (a harbor) in Baltimore, when he got down on one knee. It might also be fun to do the reverse, like get engaged and then go out for a nice celebratory dinner. but whatever it is, something meaningful to us and our relationship would be key.

I think that more important than anything spectacular happening that night, is that he says something very nice before he proposes. I would rather it not be out of the blue, or bordering on rude (like shoving the ring at me). Getting on one knee and saying something romantic is key. Something that I can always remember, to have that memory to carry with me for the rest of my life.

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Roxy: You said it perfectly! At least for what I want. The romantic words he says before are definitely the most important to me. He doesn''t have to write a poem or memorize a long speech but I want him to be sweet and take it seriously and tell me that he loves me and wants me to be his wife.

Then I totally agree: 1) no bed proposals; 2) no proposal at a fancy restaurant (too typical, not customized enough, too many strangers around who don''t mean anything to us); and 3) no cliches like hiding the ring in my dessert or arranging a horse and carriage ride if its something totally out of character. I definitely mean no offense to anyone who wants a proposal with those things or who has had one with them, that''s just my personal preference.

Now a helicopter ride around the city would be pretty awesome though. :) I''d add another one: 4) no proposal on a holiday. It''s just not me. I wouldn''t want to mix the day of a holiday and the proposal and decision to get married. So I don''t want it on my birthday, or Christmas, or Valentine''s Day, or even on our anniversary. The only exception I''d make would be for New Years. For some reason I think a New Years proposal would be great. Might be flawed logic, but there''s just something about going into a new year with a whole new fresh start on life, and an exciting promise for the future.

So what are you thinking DMB Fan? Any new ideas?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 5:55:37 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Jcrow, I have heard everywhere here about your engagement (and I saw those rocks on the other forum!!) but what''s the story?? Did I miss it??
34.gif

here ya go:

we had a romance package set up at the venetian on our last day in vegas. it included a outdoor gondola ride, dinner at zefferino''s-the italian restaurant overlooking the grand canal at the venetian, and tickets to madame trussaud''s wax museum. It was right before lunch and we headed to the gondola ride. we fortunately got one with just the two of us (usually it''s 4 to the gondola). we were almost at the end and we were trying to take a picture of ourselves on the gondola. so, the gondolier offered to take the picture of the two of us. when i turned around to get the camera back the gondolier didn''t seem to want to give it to me. i didn''t know what was going on, but he did! so when i turned around, kacey was down on one knee on the gondola. he said his thing and i said yes. the gondolier shouted ''she said yes,'' and the crowd clapped. when we got the camera back we realized that the gondolier had taken pictures of the whole thing!!! it was awesome.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree with the other ladies here!!! I would prefer not to have an engagement on a holiday or other special occassion. You might feel obligated to go to other functions or parties that night when the two of you would prefer to just enjoy one another''s company. I think a lot of ladies prefer the private proposal. Maybe have an opportunity to share your excitement with friends and family later on (like later that evening or even the day after). I really like your idea of proposing during the week as it is likely to catch her off guard and be a complete surprise. For me the most important thing is that the event is unique and special. I think that is why a lot of us feel strongly about avoiding the cliches and prefer to have an evening the incorporates memories from past dates, events, etc. that we have shared with our guys.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
I might have to actually direct my boyfriend to this thread one day so that he knows what I would like -- otherwise, I am not sure what I would end up with!

I hope we all get beautiful engagements and engagement rings, but most importantly, I hope we all have happy and successful marriages.

I remember once at a party I was at I hung out with this one woman who was sitting there talking about how she had to give her now-husband an ultimatum to get married. They had been together for nine years. It was obvious to everyone that he loved her more than anything in the world, but he was just soooo afraid of taking that leap.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a really big mushy side, but BF knows my fav spot is the dock in the Public Garden. In high school it was my place to sit and draw with no one knowing where I was. I even told him this one day early in the relationship. We have gone there to just hang out and talk or make out many many times. One night we were there and a couple was walking on the bridge and we watched him take a knee and you heard the woman start to cry. She started crying yes out loud and people walking by started clapping. I said to myself out loud "ideal". Basically, one summer evening we could be at the dock and he could go to one knee without falling in the water and proposing, I would be happy.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
My main criteria for a romantic proposal include the following: 1. Has to be a story you can tell friends and family (ie. no bed or even bath proposals because you don''t want Grandma to think of you two being in the bath toghether!). 2. Definitely private unless she is into being the center of attention. 3. Do it early enough in the evening so she can call friends/family and announce the good news. There is nothing like bursting with good news but everyone is asleep and you can''t tell them! 4. Basically anything that shows you put thought into what she would like and planned out a nice moment for the two of you that will be memorable.
Obviously you are a romantic guy and the fact that you are even asking people for help gives you major bonus points! I''m sure we all wish our boyfriends would do the same...
For me personally, I''d love to be proposed to on a wine-tasting trip (before I start tasting!) somewhere beautiful in a vineyard or a candlelit cellar.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
I just had another thought. I don''t think i would want my proposal to be too elaborate because if something went horribly wrong then what if it psyched me out and I thought it was a bad sign? Like, what if he proposed on the water and then fell in? Or what if we went out to eat and got food poisoning?

UGH, now I am scared
33.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 8:13:03 PM
Author: ellewoods
Roxy: You said it perfectly! At least for what I want. The romantic words he says before are definitely the most important to me. He doesn''t have to write a poem or memorize a long speech but I want him to be sweet and take it seriously and tell me that he loves me and wants me to be his wife.

Then I totally agree: 1) no bed proposals; 2) no proposal at a fancy restaurant (too typical, not customized enough, too many strangers around who don''t mean anything to us); and 3) no cliches like hiding the ring in my dessert or arranging a horse and carriage ride if its something totally out of character. I definitely mean no offense to anyone who wants a proposal with those things or who has had one with them, that''s just my personal preference.

Now a helicopter ride around the city would be pretty awesome though. :) I''d add another one: 4) no proposal on a holiday. It''s just not me. I wouldn''t want to mix the day of a holiday and the proposal and decision to get married. So I don''t want it on my birthday, or Christmas, or Valentine''s Day, or even on our anniversary. The only exception I''d make would be for New Years. For some reason I think a New Years proposal would be great. Might be flawed logic, but there''s just something about going into a new year with a whole new fresh start on life, and an exciting promise for the future.

So what are you thinking DMB Fan? Any new ideas?
Definately thinking. I am so glad I asked this. I''m listening to all of your thoughts and it helps a ton. This is what every guy should know. I have read so many similar stories and I do want mine to be a bit different. keep your thoughts coming, this could help many guys out....
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Happy holidays everyone, I wanted to see if we can add any new ideas to this topic. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results