shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your hem-to-hollow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Argh!

I got my hem-to-hollow measurement taken last week cause I want to order my dress custom length (it is lace and cannot easily be hemmed).

I''m about 5''5" and wore ~2.5" heels...and I got 55.75 inches for hem to hollow.

But when I called to order my dress, the woman I talked to said that was impossible - she was 5''2" and had a 55" hem-to-hollow barefoot. Needless to say, I held off on ordering.

If anyone had their hem-to-hollow measurement taken and doesn''t mind posting it with their height, I would really appreciate it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I didn't need to have it taken; the only option I had was 3" shorter, which I took because I'm 5'1" and can't wear higher heels than 1". With the 3" off the hollow-to-hem will be 57"... And I'll need a couple more inches taken off, so a hollow-to-hem of 55" for a 5'2" woman seem about right. The only advice I can give you is to have it done by a professional seamstress, and wear exactly the shoes and slip/crinoline you'll be wearing. If with your heels you're about 67.5" tall, a 55" hollow-to-hem does seem short.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
If I''m 67.5", if my hem/hollow is 55-56, then my neck/head should be about 12.5". Just measuring roughly with an 11" standard paper, that seems about right to me.

It my hem-to-hollow was 59 or 60 (as the lady was suggesting), then my head would only be 5". That doesn''t seem to make too much sense.

Ugh, now I''m so confused!
8.gif

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Your''s might sound a little short, but her''s sounds very long. If she is 5''2" (62 in.) and measures 55 in HTH, she has 7 in from her collarbone to the top of her head. She must have no neck.
23.gif

I''d maybe get remeasured again, and allow for crinoline and the such, but probably not listen to her proportions :)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

I''m pretty flat-chested and my dress is pretty straight (no crinoline). We measured just about straight down to my toe. My mom took her own using my shoes and she is around 56" and is maybe 0.5" shorter than me, but more busty by a lot.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results