shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favourite type of clothing?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Coats--style, structure, flair.

Leggings--effortless comfort without being lost and baggy like sweatpants.

Tunics--dress up with leggings or down (wear as a casual dress).

Long skirts--keep a barrier between my legs and the outside environment and the scrutiny of others; I hate being looked at that way at work, and long skirts hide my legs.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Jean's first, wool sweaters and long sleeved ties. Jeans jeans jeans.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear sweats almost all the time at home....I have just recently discovered yoga pants...so I think that will be my go too when its warmer....I hate wearing tight clothes

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Dresses. All day.

Same. I wear with a cardigan. I like jumpsuits too.

We live in a warm climate, so if we're going somewhere that has snow or is cold I will usually wear leggings, heavy socks and knee boots. Sometimes I'll do pants, but I think the extra layer of fabric with the dress that can actually help in cold weather.

I don't do heels unless I think I must, but they will be under an inch. I have a lot of ballet flats and I do sandals for casual.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dresses, and in the summer, linen dresses :D

Q

Queenie60

At home - exercise clothes; while out at my office slacks and a sweater or blouse with a cropped jacket for polish.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cotton/spandex form fitting T-shirts in nice colors with a V or scoop neck. You can dress them up with a pretty sweater or jacket and you replace them when they stop looking crisp.

Jeans and solid color yoga pants.

Summer is for sun dresses, light breezy shirts and capris or shorts.

I love pretty sandals.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeans and knit tops!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I'm a winter gal - jeans, boots & lots of wool jumpers, scarves & long coats! The more rugged up the better really. :dance:

To everyone who says wool itches, please please try Australian Superfine Merino wool products. (Not that I'm biased or anything.... ;)) ) Honestly it's like silk,18 microns or less and can be worn against the skin.

A Micron is the measurement used to describe the diameter of a wool fibre. The smaller the Micron measurement, the finer and softer the wool. The finest gauge wool comes from Merino sheep, it is as fine as cashmere, providing the softest material possible right next to your skin. I would definitely consider wool as a natural fibre! Woolmark link for more information.

Wool used in cheap clothing is mostly from China and it's what we call "carpet wool" 24+ microns or more... hence the horrid itch. :rolleyes:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Jeans, flowy loose top/blouse, cotton Svaha dresses (fun & funky), and Fluevog shoes/boots. I collect Fluevog's and they are my guilty pleasure besides bling.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pajamas! I love pajamas and as soon as I get home, my butt is in them.

For outside of the house, I’d say cardigans. I have an unholy amount for both summer and winter. They go with everything...my jeans and cami, my sundress’s, my work clothes. I have so many that my husband literally cringes every time I pick one up at the store. :shifty:

ETA: For shoes I have two seasons. Winter boots (with a heel) or flip flops. I own lots of gorgeous heels but I very rarely wear them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra Yes thousand times to natural fibres. I can't stand anything with lace or wool next to my skin. I start to itch just thinking about it!

images.jpeg-2.jpg

I snorted out loud :bigsmile:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. Interesting to hear how others dress or don't dress. I like to think we dress (or don't dress) for ourselves - what makes us comfortable or what makes us feel good. I do remember though going to the supermarket in weird, paint spattered clothing on a number of occasions and became aware of a cashier staring at me with a concerned rather horrified look on her face. It made me aware that we do get judged for the way we present ourselves. She clearly thought I was mentally ill. I knew I was painting a house!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My work uniform; Tshirt, Yoga Pants, Flipflops (with socks if its cold)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I like to mix it up, depending on how I feel and the occasion! I haven't worn regular/real clothes since shelter in place started...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable baby Karl!
summer dresses! No pants touch these legs all summer. And Birkenstock’s!

Scarves are my favorite piece of clothing, though those are more an accessory. I love wearing v neck sweaters in the winter and dresses in the summer. I rarely wear jeans.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long plaid flannel nightgowns in the winter. My fave!!!

Spring and summer...moisture wicking v neck tee and capri joggers

Leather pants, statement coats/jackets (graphic prints, faux fur, organza, PVC, more leather), and turtlenecks! But my favorite clothes to shop for are cocktail dresses, especially those that feature full, structured skirts and deep pockets. I hate buying (and wearing) basics and casual wear, and I detest functional footwear (on myself).

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
- White cotton vintage style blouses for modern living - they go with everything from skirts to summer shorts to work trousers with big pockets.

- 1970s maxi dresses

- 1890s shirtwasist and walking skirts with layers of underpinning - my favourite when I have the energy to dress. Wearing a corset is like wearing an armour and it can be empowering.

- For shoes I prefer equestrian and ankle boots as I do a lot of walking. Used to wear heels but never liked them, practical boots and flats all the way for me now. =)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I've been sewing my own wardrobe this year,, even though I tend to still wear the same uniform on most work days I've fallen deeply in love with linen as well as various forms of cotton and as such, I have made a few linen tops which are exceptionally light and comfortable!

I prefer to sew natural materials as I just find them easier to manage, they handle better, sew better, and that includes silk. Silk is amazingly robust. One of my ironing cloths is silk organza which really can handle a ton of heat. I would not have thought so but yeah, totally does. Because I don't do formal wear, anything I make has to be able to go into the washer. that includes all the silk stuff (and it does...lol)

I'm currently struggling with a pants muslin in a material that does not contain elastane. I may have to reconsider this thought....lol.

- 1890s shirtwasist and walking skirts with layers of underpinning - my favourite when I have the energy to dress. Wearing a corset is like wearing an armour and it can be empowering.

Whoa, you wear this around town?! That’s awesome. I’m a huge fan of costume history, and wish I was bold enough to wear steel boned corsets out and about! I too enjoy the armour-like feeling you get when you can “knock” on your abdomen :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dresses, long or cocktail dreses for formal occasions (all pre-Covid of course:twisted2::cry2:).

Casual flirty dresses for casual wear.

Shorts and spaghetti-strapped T's for casual wear, running around doing errands.

Leggings/ jeans and jumpers for cold weather, when I travel to colder climates (again F..off, Covid).

Stretchy shorts and T's for working out.

I am very much a girly girl. LOVE being a girl. Dresses dominate about 90% of my wardrobes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bruce Springsteen tee shirts

hate winter clothes of any kind
hate long sleeves or long pants BUT
i am partial to the odd (ok ive got 8 or 9) check flannel shirts

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I love, LOVE winter boots. I have way too many pairs but always seem to find the need to buy a new pair every winter!

Me too=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results