shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite movie of all time?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's got to be "Dirty Dancing" for sentimental reasons. I love to watch it over and over again--never get tired of it! The soundtrack is really phenomenal, too!

I'm not sure how the future remake will compare to the original. Don't think anyone can replace Patrick Swayze. BTW, Jennifer Grey looked great (but unrecognizable) on last years Dancing w/ the Stars!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are soooooo many good ones it's hard to pick one.

While not the best film of all time I never tire of watching that old classic, The Wizard of Oz.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Sound of Music has to be my favorite. I can sing every song! A close second would be Gladiator.

I like music, and drama. These 2 movies had both.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
I really love Life Is Beautiful ( La vita è bella )...closely next to that comes anything Hayao Miyazaki, especially Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goonies is my most enduring favorite and Walk the LIne is my most recent.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I really can't pick :confused:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by far!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Kenny -- so many, it's hard to pick. First coming to mind are Casablanca -- I bawl like a baby every one of the hundreds of times I've seen it. Also Picnic at Hanging Rock -- every shot is so beautifully framed, it's like a series of wonderful paintings.

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The Muppet Movie and/or The Muppet Family Christmas. I love the former because of all the silly puns and the latter because we all get to go along to Fozzie's Mom's house and it's so cute. The Jim Henson cameo at the end the Christmas movie makes me sad.

You can watch the whole Xmas movie on youtube if you like; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYDpvRCMI

I have every muppet show ever made on DVD. It was the one thing my 'rents and I agreed on a we watched it together when I was a kid.

I never did actually grow up :bigsmile:

April20

Ideal_Rock
This is nearly impossible for me!

I love, love, love The Sound of Music. But if I'm flipping thru the channels and Ferris Bueller's Day Off is on, I have to watch the rest of it. I also love National Treasure.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
For me hands down the movie Magnolia with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Tom Cruise. It's not a feel good movie but it's just so good!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1313843167|2994923 said:

I love, love, love The Sound of Music. But if I'm flipping thru the channels and Ferris Bueller's Day Off is on, I have to watch the rest of it. I also love National Treasure.

National Treasure is another good one. Who knew Nick Cage could actually made a good movie?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh tough one...probably The Royal Tenenbaums!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be very hard for me to pick but if I find Fifth Element on I always have to watch it. My other favorites include Young Frankenstein, So I Married An Axe Murderer, 50 First Dates, U571 and Hunt for Red October.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man...that is tough. I don't know if I have just one. On my phone I have:
American History X
Revenge of the Nerds
Napoleon Dynamite
Big Trouble in the Little China
Dazed and Confused
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma

I can have all of them on in the background and know all the words.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really tough question, but if I have to choose one it's:
When Harry Met Sally

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I watch a lot of movies from all different genres, so it's impossible for me to pick just one favorite. The one I first thought of when I read the title of the thread was romantic comedies. Anytime one of these movies are on TV, I'll always watch them.

Sleepless in Seattle (Love Tom Hanks)
You've Got Mail
When Harry Met Sally (apparently I have a thing for Meg Ryan also. :cheeky: )
Serendipity (Love John Cusack and Jeremy Piven)
Bridget Jones' Diary
Notting Hill (Love Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
White Christmas by far!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1313846492|2994935 said:
April20|1313843167|2994923 said:

National Treasure is another good one. Who knew Nick Cage could actually made a good movie?

I just like to stare at him :oops: :cheeky:

Favorite move of all time is a tie between The Lion King and Real Women Have Curves. Both movies hit very emotional spots in me that others can't touch, making them memorable and meaningful.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are great ones listed here like sound of music and dogma (gotta see that one again now) but I came here to say my FACS are so I married an axe murderer followed by blast from the past. There ar better movies out there but those I watch over and over. Simaam I've seen over 100 times (love the soundtrack and first 2/3 of it best and just restart it when it's done and bftp I've seen about 30-35. Cracks my ass up still every time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blade Runner

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
my all-time favorite that i can watch over and over...

FARGO

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
This is a tough question! When I read through the replies, I kept thinking "that's my favorite" ..."no, that's my favorite." Not sure I can decide on just one. I like Good Will Hunting.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
soocool|1313854432|2995015 said:
White Christmas by far!

right on!! Woot woot!

Favorite movie ever!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
1) Casablanca. It is THE classic movie of all time. Multi-layered performances by the minor actors as well as the stars. It doesn't get better than this.

2) North by Northwest. Cary Grant at his most sexy. The scene in the dining car with Eve Marie Saint was quite risque in its day. :naughty: Then the kissing scene in her train compartment. Oh, my! :bigsmile: And the chase scene down the face of Mt. Rushmore! This is probably my favorite of all of Hitchcock's films.

3) And for more Cary Grant, another Hitchcock film, Notorious. Suspense and romance. And did I mention, Cary Grant? :love:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1313853966|2995007 said:
This is a really tough question, but if I have to choose one it's:
When Harry Met Sally

Definitely in my Top Ten! It's funny, sweet, smart, the music is perfect, and the sets and scenery are fantastic.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is really tough, but I think I have to go with Shawshank Redemption.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very tough! Gonna go with "Muriels Wedding".

cheers--Sharon

melave

Shiny_Rock
O Brother, Where Art Thou
Love this movie. Love the music.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results