shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite makeup line?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
What''s your favorite makeup line?

Do you have a beauty product that you can''t live without?

1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Merle Norman. I love their moisturizer for sensitive skin, Luxiva Flawless Complexion Liquid Makeup, and powder blush.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I use MAC studio fix. I''m not picky about eyeshadows or blushes.

Products I can''t live without: Model in a Bottle!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So many...

Actually I would have to say my all-time favorite is Stila. Their colors, both in foundations/powders/concealers as well as blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows really suit me, and I''ve found their formulations to always be really high quality. My can''t live without it produce from them would have to be their illuminating powder foundation - I use it more like a powder than a foundation, but its pretty fantastic stuff
30.gif
30.gif

Right now I am also loving cream blush and eyeshadow from Laura Mercier, and Makeup For Ever''s new HD foundation
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I adore Laura Mercier!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love mac and smashbox. I usually use mac foundation and lip gloss and smashbox eye makeup.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Nars, Paula Dorf, **the brand I work for**...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make Up For Ever. Love it. I've never found another foundation that matches my pinkish-porcelain complexion! The Face&Body Liquid Make Up is my favorite--it's like a second skin. I've never gotten so many compliments on my "beautiful skin" as when I wear that (little do they know...
11.gif
9.gif
). Their eyeliners are great as well. For eyeshadow, however, I prefer Stila, sometimes Mac (though it tends to irritate my eye skin a bit). I've yet to find a better mascara than L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof, though. My lashes lose their curl with everything but cheap drugstore waterproof lines.

My can't-live-without product would be concealer, though I've yet to ind the perfect one (I'm using MUFE camouflage cream right now). I have DARK blue undereye circles, and they are the bane of my existence, and THE reason I don't feel comfortable in public with a naked face... otherwise I'd be totally fine. I feel like I've tried everything. If someone were to give me the cure to these suckers, I may have to consider gifting them my firstborn. It would change my life!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What do y''all think of all the news about parabens and (what''s the word?) bismuth? I find myself reading all the small print these days.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like a lot of different products, but Laura Mercier is my all around favorite.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I definitly second Max Studio Fix! I really like the liquid eyeliners by Mark, Avon''s other cosmetics line.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I was always a clinique girl but just recently I switched to bare minerals and love it

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love many brands and only use ones that do not test on animals.

Some of my favorite cosmetics include: Chanel (glossimers), MAC (eye shadows and blushes), and Stila (eye shadows and blushes). I also use a few Cargo and Urban Decay items. For nails, I use OPI and Chanel polishes.

Favorite skin care: Clinique and Philosophy.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My mom took me to the Clinique counter when I was 11 or 12. A friend had suggested "makeovers" and brought over a bunch of Wet 'n Wild. You can imagine the outcome. Mom knew it was just a matter of time before I tried to go to school like that and got me set up with some great "natural" makeup via a Clinique consulation (back then, I even had an appointment..it was pretty cool). I've been a loyal customer ever since. I use the skin care line and if I'm going to get color, that's where I go.

But I have deviated a little - I use BE for foundation (still use Clinique concealer) and lip plumpers, and I use Blinc Kiss Me mascara (from Sephora). And, I'm on my last jar of Mary Kay bronzing beads that I use for blusher...they're discontinued, so once they're gone, I'll be heading back to Clinique to find a replacement.

Of all the products I use, I'd be most upset if my Blinc mascara (it forms a little silicone tube around your lash and with water, the tubes slide off...it's crazy cool, doesn't smear, makes my lashes look long, and don't irritate my eyes), Clinique advanced concealer, and BE lip plumpers (gloss) were ever discontinued. Those three things are awesome and like no other.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I do not have ONE favorite. Each line has products I love. I am a total product junkie though!!! Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Trish, YSL, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, Lancome...I have stuff from all and love them.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC eyeshadows and Estee Lauder bronzer are two of the products i really really love....

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Nars for blush and face powder.
Mac for eyeshadow.
Make up forever for eye liner.
Dior for mascara.
Unsure about foundation as I usually don''t wear it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YSL matte foundation and their colored mascaras. Fabu! Chanel has wonderful eyeshadow, lipsticks and glosses. Gel pot eyeliners by Bobby Brown--simply do not move or smudge! Estee Lauder Lucidia pressed powder--I'll never buy another line for pp. Laura Mercier concealer. Nuxe biotanical cremes and cleansers. Oh I could go on!!

cheers--Sharon

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a MAC girl!

I love the Studio Tech foundation, Viva Glam Lipstick, Eyeshadows, Zoom Lash Mascara and Fluid Line Eyeliner.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I also use a mixture of brands for different things, I like Lancome for eye colours/mascara.

I have recently discovered bare minerals for foundation and love it!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
NARS! I adore it. Foundation matches my skin, eyeshadows are to die for, and their Nico powder makes my life better ;-)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Clinique for base, powder, liners and shadows
Chanel for shadows (I might switch to using only Chanel shadows after my Clinique''s are gone. They are sooooo nice!)
Lancome for blush (used to use Clinique but they stopped making the one I like so now Lancome had something similar)
Almay for mascara (because they have a waterproof that works better than the other brands I use. It doesn''t feel flaky to me)

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Bare Minerals. LOVE IT!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I
emlove.gif
CLINIQUE!!!
30.gif

I only use Clinique products. I have pretty sensitive skin, and Clinique is the only thing I''ve found that NEVER irritates my skin. Seriously . . . I have not found even ONE product of theirs that bothers my skin! YAY!
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love Smashbox and the vast majority of my stuff is from them. I love their eye makeup. My foundation is cheap Loreal True Match (or whatever it''s called). I don''t really need much coverage and it matches my skin color well, so I''ve stuck with it.

I absolutely can''t live without Smashbox mascara. It''s my favorite mascara by far and I like both the waterproof and the regular.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I think that Laura Mercier makes THE best foundation. I love her products.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 5:58:00 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
So many...

Actually I would have to say my all-time favorite is Stila. Their colors, both in foundations/powders/concealers as well as blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows really suit me, and I''ve found their formulations to always be really high quality. My can''t live without it produce from them would have to be their illuminating powder foundation - I use it more like a powder than a foundation, but its pretty fantastic stuff
30.gif
30.gif

Right now I am also loving cream blush and eyeshadow from Laura Mercier, and Makeup For Ever''s new HD foundation
36.gif
I love Stila as well but was so upset to see that Sephora doesn''t carry Stila Clear Color anymore.
8.gif
I loved the Nude Clear Color for everyday. Bobbi Brown discontinued my favorite gloss: Suede.
8.gif
I''ve been having the worst luck lately.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Philosophy and Clinique lover here!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
I''m a make-up artist!!!! So I luv this thread, well I actually worked for MAC cosmetics for awhile so I do use manly MAC but my other fav is Chanel! I run my own make-up business now so I will be coming out with some of my own products, I will let anyone on here know about them if interested, BTW I have a few products that I luv but I would not be able to achieve any of my looks without my brushes! I have to say brushes are soooooo very important when trying to achieve a flawless look!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:58:40 PM
Author: BeGatch!
I have to say brushes are soooooo very important when trying to achieve a flawless look!
Yep, brushes are the best investment and key to a polished look. I love MAC brushes and also have a couple great Stila and Chanel brushes. (If anyone has an outlet mall by them with a Cosmetic Company Store, there are a bunch of brands - Clinque, MAC, Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, etc., and all makeup/creams are 30% off. That''s a great place to stock up on MAC brushes. I got a $42 brush for only $30!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results