shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite iPhone app and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Along the lines of this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-apps-youd-recommend.107217/

What''s your main favorite iphone app and why? What kind of iphone app do you wish was available? I''m an iphone app addict! Always looking for more!

If your fave is a game, name one other non-game app!

1.gif

So far I use facebook the most. I''m a facebook addict!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Shazam! It''s so cool. You hear a song on the radio, you think "ooh, dammit what is that song"... you open the Shazam app, it "listens", and comes back with artist, title, label, year, iTunes and YouTube links! And it''s free!!! Also love Wine Snob, it''s a great cheat for making you look knowledgable!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
As silly as it probably sounds...I like my Background app. I enjoy "dressing my phone up" according to where I''m going or what we''re celebrating...so, I get to find so many interesting ways to make my phone really, truly mine.

I also love Countdown Lite...it helps to keep me excited and aware of upcoming things...when I originally began looking for something of this calibur for my phone, I was willing to pay for it...but this one was free, so all the more better.

I have TMZ 0n my phone which helps me indulge my guilty pleasure all day, everyday. But for practical news I have the USA Today app which is always current and helpful.

And my favorite paid app is probably my Packing app. I''m all about organization, but packing always seems to overwhelm me. On my old phones, I used to simply keep a list of thing in my "notes" section...but now having a dedicated check list helps not only keep me organized, but makes packing fun and easy. Two thumbs up. Oh, and it''s pretty cheap...only a few dollars!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Zombieville USA! (because I like shooting zombies)

Multiconvert (I like to convert things)

Drinks (I like booze)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Word Warp and Bejeweled! I''m mostly into Word Warp these days, but I still play Bejeweled occasionally. I also have ''Tris which was the free Tetris until it got yanked. It''s a great app.

As for a non-game app...does Facebook count?
3.gif
Actually the FB app kind of sucks but I like being able to check it on my phone! Also Twitterfon is good, too.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I love Typing Genius just for the fact that I can now send emoticons in all of my texts and emails to other iPhone users.
1.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Italia that packing app sounds awesome I''m going to check it out.

I really like the amazon iphone app. I have 1-click shopping turned on which is dangerous but so easy to buy stuff. I love that I can quickly search for reviews on books too. So if I''m in a bookstore or looking at any item really i can pull up the reviews on it.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I also use Pandora..which is a nice feature to have simply because good music is hard to find!

I bought Typing Genius (thanks, MissJaxson) and it''s really fun...the emotcons are fun!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Favorite? Just one?! NOT POSSIBLE! They all serve their different purposes.

My most-used is Sudoku, followed closely by Bubble Town. What can I say, I'm a sucker for games!!
9.gif

My other favorites are:
Midomi (I prefer it to Shazam, because it works better for singing tunes into it for recognition)
WootWatch (yay deals!)
MoPhoTo (because I can access all my picasa galleries, saves syncing photos to my phone)
Epocrates and WebMD (don't use them very often, but SO useful when I do)
OpenTable and Yelp (don't even need to explain these two, but they're a lifesaver in LA)
Mint.com (for these troubled economic times
2.gif
)

I like the idea of AOL Radio, but it's not executed well enough. Same goes for the facebook app.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Grocery IQ!! Love it. I always have my list with me this way.

For an addicting game... Jelly Car

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh I am always looking for good new apps! I really like:

IM+...I can use my gchat and AIM and stay logged in.
Twitterfon and FB
Craigsphone (craigslist!!)
Urbanspoon...I can never decide where to eat!
Lose It, to track calories
and my fave...
Things, for task management. It SAVES my life. I have the application on my home mac, and they sync. I love it!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:13:55 PM
Author: CrookedRock

for Groceries, Mister Lister is amazing!!! it keeps your lists, remembers your items and as you buy them you can enter the prices to use as reference next time, and when you turn your phone sideways it totals the items that have been checked off!!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 5:58:51 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I also use Pandora..which is a nice feature to have simply because good music is hard to find!

I bought Typing Genius (thanks, MissJaxson) and it''s really fun...the emotcons are fun!

I am glad you like it! I find it really fun and am getting addicted to using some of the pictures instead of words haha and sometimes try and think of sentences where I can use pictures instead of words. I think FI is only putting up with me out of shear love haha at least I haven''t gotten the "punching hand" emoticon back from him yet! hha

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
EverNote - I''ll hear or see something when I am out and I liek to put it down so I can investigate or look it up later.

Grocery iQ

Gratitude Journal - Helps me think of others.

Checkbook - I''m not one to use a check register. I don''t really write checks, but I do use my debit card quite a bit and this helps me keep up with all of it.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My most fav. would have to be Stanza as I love that I can read books off my iphone without having to carry them around. It''s a free app., but not all the books are free, but when I my breaks at work, I love that I can just whip out my phone and start reading.

Next would be facebook, chase bank, wapedia, ebay, paypal, amazon, and google. I use those on a daily basis as well.

For games, my fav is blocked and then the hidden object games, like mount everest, king herod''s tomb and yard sale.

I have a lot of friends with iphones that don''t use the apps, it''s such a shame!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:13:55 PM
Author: CrookedRock

Just bought it and I love it...can''t wait to go grocery shopping again!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
okay, I just bought typing genius but I can''t get the emoticons to show up. What am I doing wrong? Help?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:34:27 AM
Author: butterfly 17
okay, I just bought typing genius but I can''t get the emoticons to show up. What am I doing wrong? Help?
Open Typing Genius and then close the program

Go to your Settings

Once in Settings, select General

Once you''ve selected General, click on Keyboard

Once you''re in Keyboard, scroll down to International Keyboard

Once in International Keyboard, scroll down to Japanese

Select Japanese and turn the Emoji on.

The go into your SMS or e-mail, and a little world button should be open near your space bar...click on that and have fun!!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
That Typing Genius app is pretty cool!

Just wondering - If you are texting someone that doesn''t have an iPhone, and you use a smiley face, does anything show up in that person''s text? Or is it just blank?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:10:24 AM
Author: Cleopatra

Just wondering - If you are texting someone that doesn''t have an iPhone, and you use a smiley face, does anything show up in that person''s text? Or is it just blank?
It says in the App discription that it is only used for other people with iPhones...but thats a good question...maybe a generic smiley face or something?

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I love my iphone!

My favorite apps are:

Urbanspoon (we are TERRIBLE at deciding where to eat and this has helped soooooo much)
Facebook (because I''m addicted--not because I think it''s the best app ever)
SAT vocab prep (I''m a nerd and I like expanding my vocabulary)
eBay (dangerous for the bank account)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:23:39 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 3/10/2009 11:10:24 AM

Author: Cleopatra

It says in the App discription that it is only used for other people with iPhones...but thats a good question...maybe a generic smiley face or something?

Depending on the phone, most phones display them as black hollow squares, or sometimes black dots. Only iPhone users are able to see the picture and it usually leaves people with other phones puzzled. l made that mistake only once and got a "what?". Also it is important that the other iPhone user has updated software, my mom hadn''t updated hers since she got it back in July of ''08 so she had to update her phone before they would show. Enjoy! I know I use it a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results