shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite comic strip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday everyone! Here''s a fun thread to start your weekends off right.

What is your favorite comic strip and why? It can be an online comic or a newspaper one.

My favorites are:
PhD Comics: Piled Higher and Deeper (online, phdcomics.com)
Luann (newspaper and available online)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Calvin and Hobbes, and a comic strip made by my HS friend involving Count Dracula and a spatula, lol!

*M*

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Mutts by Patrick McDonnell and Blondie & Dagwood.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to love Baby Blues...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without a doubt, Calvin and Hobbes. I have the entire collection.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Every day I read these: Calvin and Hobbes, Luann, For Better or For Worse (sad, I know), 9 Chickweed Lane (although most of these ones bore me), Bob the Squirrel, and my fave: Get Fuzzy. That cartoon kills me.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 4:44:19 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Every day I read these: Calvin and Hobbes, Luann, For Better or For Worse (sad, I know), 9 Chickweed Lane (although most of these ones bore me), Bob the Squirrel, and my fave: Get Fuzzy. That cartoon kills me.

Why is that sad, Amber?

I love For Better or For Worse and have been reading it since I was a kid! Peanuts, Luann are also favorites, but I don''t get to read the comics much anymore.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Calvin and Hobbs...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 3:00:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Without a doubt, Calvin and Hobbes. I have the entire collection.

Me too!

*M*

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I open the paper every day and go straight to For Better or For Worse. I''m a pilot so I have been rooting for Warren (the helicopter pilot), but I''m pretty sure he is a red herring, and Elizabeth will marry Anthony in the end.
14.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
I read For Better or For Worse every day, too. And I miss The Far Side.

I usually don''t have time to read other comics, but I do try to keep up with this hilarious blog about comics --

The Comics Curmudgeon

Funny, snarky commentary that''s usually spot-on!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Jelly, I''m so used to being teased from my friends about it. It''s almost like I grew up with Elizabeth- and I''m rooting for the helicopter guy too! I can''t stand Anthony! I liked Paul- but what a schmuck!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
They took FBOFW out of our newspaper for awhile, but it''s very recently back. What happened with Paul, why is he a schmuck????!!!!
23.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Lately...Dilbert.

I read it once a week in the magazine section.

Did you see the recent suggestion by Dilbert''s company that their medical insurance plan be taken over by Google. Having a heart attack? Just google it for a remedy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love For Better or Worse. Lynne B. Paul dumped Elizabeth for another women. Her heart was broken. I hope she marries Anthony in the end.
9.gif

I also like Luann and Zits.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is either Family Circus or Love Is... I used to love The Far Side when I was younger and all the books were out. When I''m flipping through the paper these days it seems all I take time to read are those one-frame comics--I can remember when I was little, though, reading the Sunday "color" comics with my dad every sunday morning! I used to love Dagwood and Blondie (if that''s even the correct title), and Nancy, and For Better/For Worse. When I ran out of my faves I would read Hagar the Horrible even though I didn''t really love it. LOL! Fun thread!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I love comics in general. I used to read Garfield books every night before bed when I was a kid (or Calvin and Hobbes once I had all my Garfield Memorized).

But, my current favorite would have to be Get Fuzzy. I can''t get enough of Bucky.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GET FUZZY Baby!!

I love Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield too. But Get fuzzy is my favorite.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this is comic strip, but I LOVE DILBERT!
36.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I have a huge collection of Calvin and Hobbes, however the one I get emailed to me everyday is Non Sequitur.
9.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Calvin and Hobbes and Dilbert.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well, this will probably reveal what a warped geek I am but my favorites are penny-arcade.com and sluggy freelance (sluggy.com).
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results