shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite bruschetta recipe??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Please share your favorite bruschetta!

I usually use roma tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic and EVOO with some s&p. I toast my bread and then rub with garlic and sometimes a splash of EVOO. I''m looking for something a little different.

Can''t wait to try some new ones!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I am addicted to this wonderful recipe from Epicurious

Bruschetta with Arugula, Smoked Mozzarella, and Tomatoes (as seen on Cara’s Cravings, originally from Epicurious)

Ingredients:
1 large bunch of arugula (about 1/4 pound), coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well and
spun dry
1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, chopped fine
2 tomatoes (1/2 pound total), seeded and chopped fine
12 diagonally cut 1/2-inch-thick slices of Italian bread (about 1 1/2
loaves)
2 garlic cloves, halved
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Preparation:
Chop the arugula fine and in a bowl stir it together with the mozzarella, the tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill the bread on a rack set 4 inches over glowing coals, turning it once, until it is golden. (Alternatively, the bread may be toasted on a rack in a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat, turning it once.) Rub the toasts with the garlic on one side and brush the same side with half the oil. Spoon the arugula mixture onto the oiled sides of the toasts and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bruschetta with goat cheese, fig spread and prosciutto is amazing, so it just a light schmear of olive tapenade.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Arugula sounds like a nice diversion. Goat cheese is good too, especially now that I have a friend trying her hand at making it. But, fig spread! I''ve never had fig, let alone spread it! Sounds interesting...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:27:47 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Bruschetta with goat cheese, fig spread and prosciutto is amazing, so it just a light schmear of olive tapenade.
that is decadent!

my husband is a bruschetta fan.....so i''ll follow this thread with great interest.

mz

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 7:50:52 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I am addicted to this wonderful recipe from Epicurious

Bruschetta with Arugula, Smoked Mozzarella, and Tomatoes (as seen on Cara’s Cravings, originally from Epicurious)

Ingredients:

1 large bunch of arugula (about 1/4 pound), coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well and

spun dry

1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, chopped fine

2 tomatoes (1/2 pound total), seeded and chopped fine

12 diagonally cut 1/2-inch-thick slices of Italian bread (about 1 1/2

loaves)

2 garlic cloves, halved

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Preparation:

Chop the arugula fine and in a bowl stir it together with the mozzarella, the tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill the bread on a rack set 4 inches over glowing coals, turning it once, until it is golden. (Alternatively, the bread may be toasted on a rack in a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat, turning it once.) Rub the toasts with the garlic on one side and brush the same side with half the oil. Spoon the arugula mixture onto the oiled sides of the toasts and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over it.

this recipe sounds delicious! now I''m hungry
38.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently made this one from Allrecipes.com. It''s called "Double Tomato Bruschetta" on the site.

Everyone went gaga for it.

Ingredients

* 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
* 3 cloves minced garlic
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 French baguette
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
2. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
4. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I had a few people over today and I made that recipe. It was a hit. We went through a double batch in less than 2 hours for 7 girls.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear Haven''s recipe worked out. It looked delicious!!!

I grow tomatoes every year, so I love summertime bruschettas. I just like to use a simple roma or heirloom combination, basil, goat cheese, garlic and olive oil. Also have a broad bean and pea bruschetta that people seem to love, and simple pesto + mozzarella and broiled is my absolute fave.

When I need a bit of inspiration, I head to tastespotting; http://www.tastespotting.com/search/bruschetta/1

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link Lauren. There are tons of great ideas on there. I''ve bookmarked a couple people and will have to go through their entire collection!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:37:47 PM
Author: Haven
I recently made this one from Allrecipes.com. It''s called ''Double Tomato Bruschetta'' on the site.

Everyone went gaga for it.

Ingredients

* 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped

* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil

* 3 cloves minced garlic

* 1/4 cup olive oil

* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

* 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

* 1 French baguette

* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat the oven on broiler setting.

2. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.

3. Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.

4. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.

5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

Another vote for this one from All Recipes - I made it once when we went to the lake and everyone said it was some of the best bruschetta they''d ever had.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:39:11 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Haven, I had a few people over today and I made that recipe. It was a hit. We went through a double batch in less than 2 hours for 7 girls.
Oh good! I''m glad it worked out.
I love reading all the comments people make in the reviews on that site, I get the best tips there!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:27:47 AM

I too love fig spread! I nomally do crostini and top with gorgonzola and fig jam. So wonderful with wine!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada, every time I see you post I think of Giada DeLaurentis!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 3:25:28 PM
Giada, every time I see you post I think of Giada DeLaurentis!

me too!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results