Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Basic and Simple classics

• Uniform for work otherwise "trendy" inspired

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen many companies give a variety of ''styles'' depending on which look you''re into. I''m probably forgeting a few but I thought I''d ask

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eh I can't categorize myself, I just buy what I like. aka I loved some of the stuff in the White House, Black Market catalog like the knitted shrugs over fitted tanks, the BCBG catalog had some cute stuff like their wool gauchos and asymmetrical wool knitted sweaters over straight trousers.

I'm totally not into the romantic look with lots of frills and extra material, etc...my looks don't work with that at all, I look more 'stark' and my hairstyle does not include long flowing princess locks. But for example I am very into jeans and heels with a cute cropped cord jacket and a slinky top...or the wool gauchos with tall heeled boots and a ruffled top (but not 'romantic frilly')...though I just as easily can throw on jeans and flip flops with a big wool turtleneck for a weekend at home, or sweats etc. So unfortunately I can't throw myself into any sort of style category. I'm all over the map.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My style is fairly simple - I love jeans and boots, so these are what I wear. During the summer I bought flip flops and a couple pairs of heels and sandles to go about in, but now that fall is on it's way, I'm already hunting out few new pairs of boots. Along with these items, pretty much all I wear are camisoles and fitted sweaters over the top. I hate baggy clothing, sweats, etc., so I stick to figure flattering pieces even on the weekends.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im going to go with one not on the list. I vote "smells like it might be clean". I wear a "uniform" that I made up. A short or long sleeved tshirt, usually an Old Navy Perfect fit, and jeans or corduroys. In the winter I wear boots, in the summer I wear running shoes or flipflops.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, it''s hard to pick just one category. For work I wear mostly just below the waist modern cut rayon/poly/spandex pants & a softer shirt like a camisole (sometimes hard because I am not small) or sheer shirt with camisole under it, then a jacket. This year I bought some of the fitted jackets in cordoroy & velvet. I also have some short leather & suede jackets. I almost always wear heels--sandals in summer & mules with real socks in winter (it is cold here in northern Indiana and trouser socks or nylons do NOT keep my feet warm). In winter, I wear flat, rubber soled shoes for my walk in to work from the parking lot (about 2-3 blocks over cobblestone streets). I keep my good shoes at the office. wear real suits with matching pants & jacket..and even more rarely skirts in winter (too cold). I still feel like I''m playing dress up if I wear a skirt/jacket suit with pumps so if I do wear a skirt the jacket doesn''t match & I wear suede boots...which aren''t good for snow so I still walk into work with my rubber soled shoes while carrying my suede boots. I''m sure I look ridiculous but at least I don''t ruin my boots in the snow/salt. I''m thinking my work look is a combination of the menswear with romantic touches.

On weekends, I wear mostly jeans & sweaters. This year, I desperately need some new sweaters. I really like the chenille ones because they are soft and cozy. I am allergic to wool, so I really have to hunt to find good sweaters. If anyone knows where to find cute non-wool sweaters please post the links. Thanks!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I love fall because I can finally wear my sweaters, jeans and platform boots (im short, so must.wear.big.shoes)

Whenever I try to keep up with the trends and "reinvent" my style I always look like a complete idiot and like i am trying too hard so I stick with my standard year after year.
4.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I went with basic and simple classics. I consider jeans pretty simple and basic, also classic. That''s what I wear 90% of the time. I have jeans in all colors and styles. Right now I''m mostly into either the cropped jeans with boots, or the boot cut jeans with a wedge clog. I went to Chico''s a couple of weeks ago and picked up a few wardrobe basics that will mix and match...I love their silk turtle necks, and have begun collecting them. I already had sapphire blue and a pinkish red, and I just added a soft banana yellow, a rust color, and a basic black. I also picked up a pair of their platinum-wash jeans and a couple of the suede-like big shirts. I mostly wear black when I have to be more dressy, so I have several pairs of black pants, a few black skirts and dresses.

Outer wear is pretty basic, too. I have a long black leather coat that I wear for more dressy times, and several leather, suede, cord, and jean jackets that I wear for every day. Footwear is pretty much either boots with a somewhat high heel, or clogs in black or dark brown. I have one really nice pair of cowboy boots that I wear a lot with jeans.

As basic as my clothing goes, I like to dress it up a lot with accesories. Right now I''m into the gold and silver chain belts. They look cute with jeans and a sweater. I also recently bought a gold leather SAK purse, and a Kathy VonZeeland purse in black croco with gold studs and some of those crystal charm dangles. My mom says when I wear my black leather jacket, my black boots, and carry that purse, I look like a "glam biker chic"...lol. Jean charms and purse charms are really in, too. I have a nice big puffy heart Swarovski Crystal heart charm that I clip on whatever purse I''m using. My sister has tried to steal it from me already a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results