shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your experience with people who have been counseled for commitment-phobias?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I''m still young; why so serious?

I know I have commitment issues, and not just in committing to my bf.

But, anyway... my first appt is tomorrow!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
No experience to speak of, but I just wanted to wish you luck with your appointment!
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, misskitty. It''s a new psychologist for me, so I hope s/he works well for me.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That''s really admirable, JulieN! I think it''s great that you want to try this--definitely let us know how it goes and if you would recommend it to others. How often will you have appointments?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it goes well J !

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That is a great step to take, kudos! Hope it goes well with the new psychologist.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey, you''ve taken the most difficult steps already...realizing you have an issue to deal with and seeking help!
36.gif

Good luck!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think its great that youre going to a psychologist. Like the girls have said, youve already gotten through the hardest part. Putting aside how many guys are labeled as having commitment phobia when they''re not ready to run down the aisle - I have several girlfriends who I would say have commitment issues - whether a fear towards or an obsession with and constant need for a proven commitment. They''ll never go address these characteristics and they will be worse off for it. You will definitely find peace of mind by going to a professional and learning more about what youre feeling. good for you
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wow - i didnt even realize that you could talk to someone about that! hmmm

let us know how it goes (if you want to, of course!)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Kudos to you for working at it! I hope it all goes well for you. Remember, keep an open mind
1.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
It''s great that your doing this! As someone who needs a therapist to help me deal with certain issues, I''m always happy when someone goes to see a psychologist. Helping yourself is the best thing you can do not only for you, but also for your relationship!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results