shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your comfort food?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
french fries
ham bergers with double cheese
bagles with tons of cream cheese
mac and cheese
ice cream
mashed potatos with ranch dressing
caffine free Dr. Pepper
Doritos

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
how could i forget pasta!lots of it ....angel hair with butter!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Not technically a food as such, but ya can''t beat a nice cup of hot tea....it''s like a hug in a cup

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I don''t quite get the comfort food thing? If you''re running to food for comfort, aren''t you just setting yourself up to be a fatty?

I have foods I like, but nothing that I crave under stress. The closest I can come is I like oranges when I have a cold
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 3:00:40 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I don''t quite get the comfort food thing? If you''re running to food for comfort, aren''t you just setting yourself up to be a fatty?

I have foods I like, but nothing that I crave under stress. The closest I can come is I like oranges when I have a cold
1.gif
Yes
9.gif
Which is why I try not to keep my comfort foods in the house and only have them once in a while. Otherwise I would be a whale.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't quite get the comfort food thing? If you're running to food for comfort, aren't you just setting yourself up to be a fatty?

1.gif
Comfort food is usually just simple, home-cooked food that can sometimes be tied to pleasant emotional memories (ie. from childhood). Doesn't have to be a stress-induced craving, just something that makes you feel comfortable.

When I'm stressed, I have no appetite at all. Now I have to figure out how to induce stress these last few weeks before I leave for France . . .
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
to me it''s the setting as much as the food;

sliced tomato on Australian toast, made by my friend deborah. best EVER. (by the way, australian bread is made with less sugar, so tastes different)

porridge in bed, made by tim.

hot chocolate with timbo at our local diner on a winter sunday afternoon.

starbucks with my friend david for breakfast.

mangoes in summer.

anything that reminds me of home - but most of all, lamb roast. had it more or less every sunday for lunch after church growing up. only good memories...

:)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't quite get the comfort food thing? If you're running to food for comfort, aren't you just setting yourself up to be a fatty?

1.gif
I have to agree. If you eat something you like it is more comfortable than eating something you don't like. But what defines "comfort food"?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know? I don''t think I have any....

Maybe my husband''s pseudo-tacos, because it''s the one thing he cooks 100% and I can just relax and wait for food to be served to me
11.gif

When I was younger, I would love it when my mum would make a special kind of lentil curry/soup. Especially on a cold winter day.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2010 12:07:02 AM
Author: swingirl
But what defines 'comfort food'?

A snip from Wiki's dictionary:

comfort food
noun
food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically any with a high sugar or other carbohydrate content and associated with childhood or home cooking.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my. Spaghetti with homemade marinara. Lots of cheese. Go to comfort food. Followed by Kabob (many types of Kabob will do. Favorite is nice top sirloin chunks marinated in pureed onion, pepper and wine-- salted just before being put on the grill).

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
It is funny to see people from all over the world with alot of the same foods! Mine are -
Kraft mac & cheese
Scrambled eggs and hot cocoa
vienna bread toast with hot tea (bigelows lemon lift with a splash of milk)
a bowl of pasta with butter and shredded parma cheese
hot cooked white rice with milk and cinnamon and sugar

It''s a carb frenzy!! Purfect pear, I am jealous , I am a emotional eater and envy anyone who has mastered other ways to deal with stress or those who lose all appetite when stressed.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donuts! I LOVE donuts and they make me feel happy. I think I might actually get *high* from them - is that possible?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I crave carbs. Go figure.

Sourdough layered with brioche topped off with a crescent roll, sandwiched between a biscuit. I put 3 lbs on just typing that. Sure did.
9.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
anything drowning in a glob of french onion dip

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 4:42:14 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Comfort food for me:

Baked Ziti
Banana Pudding
toasted sourdough bread with whipped butter
Hot Cocoa
Shepherd''s Pie (the way my mom makes it)
Anything chocolate
Mac and Cheese (homemade or from Scarlatto''s)
Poutine or Curry Fries
yummm banana pudding I picked up some from Magnolia this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results