shape
carat
color
clarity

What's up the auto 1st post by the pricescope computer?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
What do members think of the automatic first post by the pricescope computer?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Hate it. Not only is it all caps but they're links like they pertain to the topic...and they don't.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meh.

I just scroll right past it. And occasionally, hope some of the first time posters (especially those of the "what is my mother's ring worth" and "where should I sell my mother's ring" variety) might actually check out some of the links.

Occasionally the list actually includes a thread I might want to explore a bit!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really doesn't bother me. I like reading old threads sometimes, some of them are interesting and have kept me up at night lol.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also just scroll past them. So many of them don't even pertain to the topic.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I preferred them to be on the right side and not interrupt the thread.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1430932293|3873060 said:
I preferred them to be on the right side and not interrupt the thread.

I agree. They look like spam and CAPS are the internet way of "screaming" If there was a way to make it less obtrusive then it would be OK.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just scroll past and ignore them but I have a feeling that new comers are going to be bringing up a lot of old/dead threads
because of it (which I hate).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HATE it. I wish it would go away. I find it so very annoying. I don't care about all the threads that are similar. It is distracting. Please make it go away, MODS.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I shared your concerns with development as I stated in the other thread. Thank you for your thoughts!

Sorry to say that as a moderator I have no control over PS forum design or features, so please don't blame me. :wavey:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it too. I thought it was just that I'd accidentally clicked on something and couldn't shut it off. It bothers me in that sometimes there are very serious personal threads on here, and it just doesn't sit well to see an ad in such a place, especially if it is triggered by similar subjects, etc.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it either!! Esp the Caps - annoying!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the replies. . . . I was hoping I wasn't alone in feeling bothered BY THE BOLDED CAPS and impersonal feel.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I hate it, and won't start a thread anytime soon. In the pre-loved section it puts competing threads in your thread! :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the capital letters distracting. Interestingly it is not in all the threads. For example it's not in my long thread in hangout so I think if there is nothing similar title wise it is at a loss as to what similar threads to put up. So for anyone wanting to start a thread without that distracting all capital letters second post just think of an original title and you might be OK.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like all other ways to make people buy, it's the owners way of getting 'one' to click! to buy just don't do it. it is annoying as for some reason they think everyone can't read.. I suppose they could charge everyone to join pricescope, But that would take out the people who surf in looking for help (as I did).. :) so we can grin and bear it.. maybe they will get enough bad juju that they will change it.. or something else :) at least get rid of the rude caps. :nono: :nono:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't see them any more. They've removed the auto post.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! :dance: I do think having links pertaining to the thread topic placed at the side to be helpful though.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1431004790|3873413 said:
Yay! :dance: I do think having links pertaining to the thread topic placed at the side to be helpful though.

I'm with Chrono. I also liked havung the links on the side and used them often.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Tekate|1430995907|3873369 said:
Like all other ways to make people buy, it's the owners way of getting 'one' to click! to buy just don't do it. it is annoying as for some reason they think everyone can't read.. I suppose they could charge everyone to join pricescope, But that would take out the people who surf in looking for help (as I did).. :) so we can grin and bear it.. maybe they will get enough bad juju that they will change it.. or something else :) at least get rid of the rude caps. :nono: :nono:

Just to clarify they were not ads, but other threads from PS that users might find useful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results