shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the proper way to announce an engagement?

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Or do you really have to? With my late husband we just called family and friends, although almost everyone already knew! :Up_to_something: Do you plan on a formal announcement? What's the protocol/etiquette on that?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Well, my best friend said she would kill me if I just sms’ed her, lol.

I am hoping it will happen while we are overseas in 3 weeks so I guess an email with Photos lol.

Or a phone call?

Skype?

Its definately something to think about. 8)

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE to announce our engagement at our housewarming party, that way all of our closest family and friends will already be gathered together. We would tell our parents beforehand, but let them know that we would like to make the announcement to everyone else at the party. We would pop some champagne after the announcement and carry on with the party. My SO knows this "plan" and agrees that it would be a great time to make the announcement. We would have the housewarming party sometime in February ... after our vacation/cruise, which would be the perfect time for him to propose.

For any close friends or family that couldn't make it to the party (out of town), we would call them. After everyone "important" knows, we will probably just change our FB statuses. I would hate for close family or friends to have to find out over FB.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it depends on the kind of relationships you have. My FI and I took the rest of the evening of our engagement for ourselves :naughty: And then the next morning we called our respective parents and told them, followed by phone calls to each of our siblings. I sent a quick text to a few of my closest friends (the ones who agonized with me), and then I updated my Facebook status to let everyone else know LOL

Random: I just noticed a few weeks ago that people still have engagement announcements in the newspaper!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We called our parents (and DH called his sister) and that was about it. I think we may have called our bestest friends, but most people just found out through Facebook or word of mouth. I remember someone being appalled that we didn't announce it in the paper, but now I can't remember who that was. I pointed out that we don't get our local paper and nobody we know lives in our state, so what's the point?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
LadyluvsLuxury|1291141635|2782958 said:
I guess it depends on the kind of relationships you have. My FI and I took the rest of the evening of our engagement for ourselves :naughty: And then the next morning we called our respective parents and told them, followed by phone calls to each of our siblings. I sent a quick text to a few of my closest friends (the ones who agonized with me), and then I updated my Facebook status to let everyone else know LOL

Random: I just noticed a few weeks ago that people still have engagement announcements in the newspaper!

I congratulated my best friends on their engagement in the newspaper as a surprise, but I am willing to put money down that the only people who knew the couple and read it are the ones who were told it was there :razz:

heyme

Rough_Rock
I'll probably call my parents and text close friends. Is that weird? It'll spread from there, so I won't need to tell many people.

Or you could be like my little sister who didn't tell ANYONE (including me and my parents who she lives with), she just updated her facebook status. Don't even get me started on that one. That is NOT the way to do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results