shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the meaning behind your SN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 12:22:31 AM
Author: HollyS
''What''s the meaning behind your SN?''

Um . . . it''s my name . . . ??

I was spectacularly unoriginal in my choice of a screen name. And uninspired. And, really, not too smart.

ha ha ha ha, that makes two of us Holly.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I would have preferred to use my undergrad alma mater, but there''s not much one can do with "Green Wave." So, since I was in grad school at the University of Pennsylvania at the time, I came up with PennQuaker. Very unoriginal.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 12:48:34 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Well, I would have preferred to use my undergrad alma mater, but there''s not much one can do with ''Green Wave.'' So, since I was in grad school at the University of Pennsylvania at the time, I came up with PennQuaker. Very unoriginal.
Love the Penn Quakers. BTW Penn, you had asked about my DS. He was deferred at Penn then got rejected. He''s going to Trinity. He''s happy. It was a blow at first, but it all worked out..

Adah

Shiny_Rock
My SC is a variant of my hebrew name and not by much.

My hebrew name is Ada, and the variant of that is "Adah" which means "adornment" - quite funny really as I turned out to be a girl who likes to adorn herself with jewellery!
2.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
whitby is the town in england from which captain cook sailed to australia. being australian and of english descent, and having been to the town in england, it just seemed to resonate with me - especially as an australian who has sailed forth from her home town and is now living on the other side of the world.

2773 is the postal code of my town in australia where my parents, grandparents and ultimately my husband and i lived. i attached it to my ''sailing forth'' name so i always had a little reminder of home with me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results