shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the difference between these 2 common halo settings?

upbeat_mushroom

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I was shopping for a halo style and came across 2 distinct styles at blue nile and JA. If anyone has one of these two styles (even if not from BN/JA), can you tell me how yours is holding up or what the difference might be between the two in terms of wearability?

Style one: looks like a higher, more open setting
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/halo-diamond-engagement-ring-14k-white-gold_25642?elem=img&track=product

Style two: looks like more of a cathedral, with more metal?
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamond-halo-engagement-ring-platinum_38563?elem=img&track=product

I think it's funny that the 2nd one is called the classic halo... when I asked a JA rep about the difference between their two corresponding styles, they said a style like #1 is more classic and traditional and the 2nd one is considered more modern. What do you think??

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What's the difference between these 2 common halo settin

the second looks thicker, lower set, with a different pave type and smaller melee

airlines.jpg

_30106.jpg

side_49.jpg

upbeat_mushroom

Rough_Rock

Thanks for including photos! I'm wondering why someone might prefer one over the other? The different pave settings is interesting.. I didn't catch that. I don't think I have a preference there but I feel like I'm just not "getting" the other differences enough to have a preference myself about the 2 rings overall.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

annlikesart|1442338849|3928073 said:
Thanks for including photos! I'm wondering why someone might prefer one over the other? The different pave settings is interesting.. I didn't catch that. I don't think I have a preference there but I feel like I'm just not "getting" the other differences enough to have a preference myself about the 2 rings overall.
I don't prefer either do to the airline but I think smaller melee is more dedicate.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a ring with the center stones set on a platform and I really like that setting style. That said, it looks as if the halo in the second (cathedral-style) ring is set at a slight angle, which a lot of PSers with halos seem to prefer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results