shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the best way to ship to Canada?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Guys, I need help!
I tried USPS which you can't track the package since they don't have service there and Fedex which gave me this crazy quote of $99, what's the cheapest and safest way to ship jewelery to Canada from U.S.?
Thank you

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cheapest is probably not the safest, and the safest is probably not the cheapest.

The safest but most expensive is probably Malca Amit.

The cheapest but least safe is probably the way Harry Winston shipped the Hope diamond.
He just took a chance and put it in a cigarette box and dropped it in a regular mail box.
It arrived safely, so maybe that makes it the safest way too. ;))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
nobody knows? :blackeye:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I live in Canada and have items shipped to me using USPS and I get tracking information from the seller all the time....

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
PumpkinPie|1320115664|3051449 said:
I live in Canada and have items shipped to me using USPS and I get tracking information from the seller all the time....
that's so weird.. I went into USPS ask them about it and the guy told me I can't track it and the service I can find online doesn't track either.. maybe I should try to look more into it.
Thank you

feathers

Rough_Rock
USPS Global Express offers tracking and the delivery is done through FedEx. No customs brokerage fees, but there is a $10 R.O.D. fee, and the usual tax. Insurance can be purchased but there is a max value limit on the content.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could ship it via USPS First-Class International Mail, Registered --- it is (somewhat) trackable by the Registered Number -- but insurance coverage on international mail sent this way is capped at $46 (I think? maybe $49 ?) -- if the item you are shipping is valuable, I wouldn't choose this option. I myself am willing to take the risk and regularly use this method for items valued less than $300, as my experience with Registered Mail from the US to Canada has been 100% successful - but I do so with the knowledge that if the item is lost, my recovery is limited to that $46 (or $49).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results