shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s on your wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...

Someday I''d like to upgrade my studs to... oh... I dunno... maybe ~.85 - .90 each... YUM!

AND my e-ring to about 3.7 - 4+ carats.... (which is really a huge HAHAHA! because unless I win the lottery [which I never play!] realistically that just probably ain''t ever gonna happen!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
) But it''s always fun to dream.

Other than that... I''m pretty satisfied in the jewelry (and in particular the diamond) department right now.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
a brand new ( not aching) body )or just new parts that now ache.That would be great for me...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2007 9:31:31 PM
Author: diamondfan

I just got one of my wish list items, a diamond necklace for dressy events...

Who? WHERE?? PICS??!!

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, a full diamond eternity band, prong set, ~1-2ct for a RHR or in place of my Ering for work (I knock my highish setting alot!). Although saving for the wedding doesn''t really allow for diamond fetishes ATM
14.gif
All in good time!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pics, but it is sort of a floral design, hits just below the collar bone...it has rounds, marquise and pear shapes. It does not have any stones hanging, which I thought I liked, a la the necklace Gwyneth P wore to the Oscars the year she won but I decided I would tire of that and it might limit me in terms of a dress neckline...I had two friends consult with me regarding it, including Kaleigh...could not make a move without some expert opinions here!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds yuuuuuummy df!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. It lays flat, and goes just below the hollow in my throat. It is pretty and I wanted something versatile for gowns, cocktail dresses and evening suits, not just really dressy dresses...and I think I did well!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
DF, that necklace sounds divine! You must be thrilled!!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am. I was not seriously looking but stopped into HW a few weeks ago and the SA sent me some photos of things that she had not had in the store. I tried on a necklace that was pretty but not dressy enough, it seemed more cutesy. I think it was about 22 carats total weight and even my hubby who is not in bling at all thought it did not look like what it was, and that it was not enough for really dressy occasions. A local store I buy from had a couple things in the case but I was not thrilled with the color or clarity or workmanship. The SA knows me and asked if she could look around and bring in something, no obligation. I said sure, but it needs to be great because hubby is definitely not in the mode for this right now...(I was hoping to get it for my second son''s bar mitzvah which is 2008). Of course she found one, and I went in, really liked it, but was not even going to mention it to DH. Then took a friend in who also loved it, and she told me, get it now, you will use it so much with all the events we go to, so I set the ball in motion!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:42:41 PM
No pics, but it is sort of a floral design, hits just below the collar bone...it has rounds, marquise and pear shapes. It does not have any stones hanging, which I thought I liked, a la the necklace Gwyneth P wore to the Oscars the year she won but I decided I would tire of that and it might limit me in terms of a dress neckline...I had two friends consult with me regarding it, including Kaleigh...could not make a move without some expert opinions here!!!
Yup, I got a sneak peak at it in the jewelry store. It's a fabulous piece. I will see DF next week, and hopefully she will model it for me. It's great cause it's red carpet worthy, but can go with a cocktail dress or a suit. She's a lucky gal.
2.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
short term: nada, because we''re on a spending moratorium, which is getting old. Hubby needs a new toyota truck. and I /we have begun socking away my entire salary in a 457 and 403b retirement accounts. My choice. I set the accounts up.

But I am feeling really deprived. I know, I know, 20 diamond not enough....(sarcasm -joke''s on me) but I think this needs to be adjusted so i can have some pocket money. the adult in me has to keep stepping in and saying to my immature self: you are saving for retirement so you can have a comfortable retirement. Hubby needs a new truck....

long term:
my list keeps changing
an estate >1 ct marquise diamond
an estate >1 ct heart diamond for a pendant?
a strong blue fluorescent ideal cut 33 point from whiteflash in a yg pendant
something estate black hills gold
a poesy ring "you and no other" in sterling or 14k (ebay/signals catalog)
a 14k yellow gold bulova watch new
a chunky 18k yellow gold italian bracelet and chunky earrings to match
tiny white gold studs from ebay mlopros for second holes
sirena 3/4 carat chunky yellow gold tension set pendant at JC Penney
"ancora imparo" sterling pendant in signals catalog

i have been told i will be teaching physics next year. Hunney, I am giving myself a reward and already notified the spouse that I WILL be treating my self to something BIG after this. ugh. I hate new preps. I am scared of the physics. ancora imparo.

I have been concentrating on taking care of what i already own, and enjoying the haves and not the wants.
Isn''t it funny how when you can''t have something, it makes it worse? makes me feel 12 years old. the adult in me has to step in and say "you are paying cash for a new toyota truck... you are paying cash for a new toyota truck..."

self pity over. back to normal self.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 11:04:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Yup, I got a sneak peak at it in the jewelry store. It''s a fabulous piece. I will see DF next week, and hopefully she will model it for me. It''s great cause it''s red carpet worthy, but can go with a cocktail dress or a suit. She''s a lucky gal.
2.gif

Thanks, Kaleigh! Of course I will model it for you, your advice was instrumental in helping me!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 9:24:40 PM

Date: 4/7/2007 11:04:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Yup, I got a sneak peak at it in the jewelry store. It''s a fabulous piece. I will see DF next week, and hopefully she will model it for me. It''s great cause it''s red carpet worthy, but can go with a cocktail dress or a suit. She''s a lucky gal.
2.gif

Thanks, Kaleigh! Of course I will model it for you, your advice was instrumental in helping me!!
Awww, thanks, but it was a no brainer!!! Can''t wait to see it on you!!! I''ll take pics with your camera and then we can email them to Irina.
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF -- we MUST see pics. Your necklace sounds unbelievable!! Yay, Kaleigh, for meeting up with her to take some pics for the gang!!

Short term: a mommy-necklace of some sort for Mother''s Day, i.e. cute charms representing each of my kids. Anyone know of any cool, unique designs?

Medium term: there''s an outside chance that DH might buy the Cartier Trinity ring in either white gold w/channel set diamonds....or the tri-color version. I''ve tried on both and he really likes the rolling mechanism and the overall look. (interesting because he *rarely* has opinions on jewelry) He vaguely hinted that if he has a good year at work, this could go in the "maybe" category for 2008!
1.gif

Looooong term: OMC estate ring in platinum, preferably around 2 carats or more!
3.gif
3.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi kristy! aaron basha makes some cute enamel charms with kiddie motifs. the only problem is they are pretty pricey. even if you don''t like the style or want to pay the price you might enjoy taking a look if you aren''t familiar with them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Aaron Basha, I had always wanted to get the baby shoes but my youngest is 5 now and I think that window has closed! They are cute though, and I not sure what other charms he has. Charles Krypell does really neat hearts in gemstones, so depending on birthstones you get get those. I also love a charm bracelet, with a charm of some type for each kid...

elle

Shiny_Rock
DF - Purty please may we have pics when you model for Kaleigh??? Your collection sounds sooo drool-worthy - stunning and varied!

No fixed term plans, just plans period!
Nice, plain and simple s/s watch and bracelet - larger, men's style/size - toying between Patek 24 and Cartier Tank.
Bigger studs from 1.5 to 2+ctw
Upgrade quality of e-ring from SI2 to SI1 and maybe a better cut - size is fine - I can almost hear dh heave a sign of relief!
28.gif

That's just my practical/feasible list. My in-my-dreams wishlist is longer than the novel war and peace though
31.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
My list:
short-term:
studs- have a .35 stone that needs to find a match to get the ball rolling there... perhaps in a halo because I am a size whore
e-ring re-set- I want to lospgrade for 10 years
e the crappy basket setting and lower the stones- it''s all up too high right now w/ sloppy & crooked prongs- it''s crappy craftmanship and it annoys me- I have to really think about if re-setting the whole thing will satiate me enough to prevent me from asking for an upgrade for a decade or 2.

mid-term:
when we have children, I would like an eternity band as a baby gift- blue sapphires for a boy, maybe alternate w/ diamonds, rubies for a girl???

long-term:
DH knows that I could care less about new cars, fur coats, I am happy picking furniture from consignment shops, don''t want a big mcmansion, (give me an old house and let''s just upgrade the closets!) etc... but that come 20-25 years I want to bump it up to 3+ carats, better cut, etc.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
df, if you do like aaron basha you should check out the site. there is a section of new charms and they are so cute.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, I have a charm bracelet in need of some new bling!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF and Crown1 -- thanks for the recs! Off to check out AB and CK!
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
short term:

1. rose gold eternity band or starlight band for RHR
2. yellow gold byzantine bracelet
3. yellow and rose gold chain bracelets

medium term:

1. diamond bezel set studs (like the Elsa Peretti Tiffany ones) around .5-.7 ctw
2. small and dainty pear diamond pendant, not sure what size...i think around .5 carats
3. some sort of diamond eternity band for wedding band...possibly bezel set or shared prong rounds, or bezel set baguettes and rounds

long term:
1. rose gold Rolex (I saw a vintage one once and not being able to buy it hurt me...i wanted to shed a few tears!)

extra special long term:
1. get a gigantic, amazing asscher (3-5 carats) and have Leon Mege work his pave magic

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
my little list:
31.gif

-Something fun from the happy diamond collection by Chopard
-A new watch by Patek Philippe or the Santos 100 by Cartier
-Panda charm from Cartier (white gold&diamonds)
-Love bracelet from Cartier (rose gold)
-Cocktail ring from Boucheron
-My moms antique pearl necklace
-Something exotic from Hermès
17.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Short term:
- Wedding band

Mid term (?):
- Bezel set diamond stud earrings

Long term:
- EW marquise eternity band
- Bezel set diamond pendant

Super long term:
- E-ring centerstone upgrade
- Original e-ring centerstone reset in a Fay Cullen sapphire halo

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
hellooo!!!

Short term: (to work less and actually HAVE time to shop for a cute RHR or big chunky gemstone cocktail ring) Swamped lately...

Midterm: a replacement pair of diamond earrings. I lost a pair traveling once and I want daily diamond earrings.

Long term: skys the limit on this one. I want a WHOLE LOT...and damned Christie''s and their stunning vanity cases at auction soon. In the catalogue there are SO MANY beautiful art deco cigarette cases and vanity cases that I am considering becoming a collector!
31.gif
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:25:09 PM
Author: Harriet
My turn:
1. My pearl studs (brand new and missing).
2. The HW drops.
3. Ring re-set (see my avatar)?
4. A necklace for my wedding. I like this one, but it probably won''t happen: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?sku=13199477&search_params=t+victoria-s+0-p+1-l+-h+-c+-r+-x
5. Maybe the white-gold diamond version of the Cartier Trinity.
6. A re-set of my Lucida.
7. The HW micro-pave cushion with a tsavorite.
8. The HW micro-pave with a diamond.
8. An emerald-cut.

Short and sweet.
17.gif
10. All 3 of these:http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00904&search_params=t+novo-s+0-p+1-l+-h+-c+-r+-x

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mid term-
1:: tanzanite ring, probably custom
2:: very nice watch for hubbie

very long term-
1:: diamond rhr.
a) maybe a 3 stone ring with emerald center
b) or maybe 3 stone ring with asscher
c) or maybe eternity or semi eternity chunky diamond band

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the next year I want to upgrade my diamond. Then I will get an eternity ring to go with my ring. Not sure what else. Maybe some hoop earrings. I have tiny diamond hoops, but I want some that are bigger.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Near future: Sapphire emerald cut with skinny bags (in the works!!!) ETA July 07.

Inevitable future: I''d like to upgrade my e-ring diamond and get a temp setting in the next two years and the setting the year afterwards (i''d love leon to do it).

Distant future: I''d like some diamond bezel studs about .30 each sometime and a matching pendant...but when it comes to actually buying something besides a ring I''m not very good at it since I can''t view it myself and I''m worried about loosing it. Who knows when I''ll start working on this.

Someday: I''d eventually like a RHR in every major color. I already have red, and I''m working on blue...so that leaves green (maybe a tsav), yellow (fancy yellow radiant would be nice), orange (spess), etc. I''d also like some funky earrings like chandelier or something. Some gemstone studs would be fun as well with diamond earring jackets from leon.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
What I really want is a 3ctw princess cut diamond stud earrings in platinum that I saw at BB&B last night. I have been dreaming about it since... I did not like the price tag, but I think I can do better if I do my research. I want better quality anyway... I want at least G and VS2 for my earrings-I am a little picky!
2.gif
Well, this also means that I probably have to wait a little while for it or at least come down on the size a bit...
8.gif

On a very short term, I want a nice massage chair. I have narrowed it down to two models: one at Sharper Image and the other at Brookstone. I think I am going to make the purchase in the next week or so.
36.gif
It is going to be heavenly!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results