shape
carat
color
clarity

What's on Santa's list for you this 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Anybody have anything special they hope to find under the tree this year?

Anything special you plan on giving for Xmas or another religious holiday this season?

I saw this pretty cool looking ladder on QVC that bent in ten different directions. Might be good for hanging the xmas lights or changing the lightbulbs in the chandelier to blue, red and green. Oh wait - by the time I get the ladder all that will be already finished!

Actually I have no idea what I want this year. The older I get the harder it seems to tell my wife what to get me. Doesn''t matter though - she''ll figure it out. My wife, Michele, is one of those people that REALLY LIKES to give gifts. When we started dating about ten years ago she actually gave me presents for Easter. I was like - excuse me - presents for grown-ups in an easter basket? Yup - that''s Michele. Now I have to constantly think ahead for holidays. She doesn''t care if it''s big or expensive - she just likes to give. Problem is she''s GOOD at giving - I have to work at it! She always comes up with these cool little items or notices when I like something in a store in July and goes back and buys it when I''m not around. I''m afraid I''m more of a typical guy walking through the mall the last Saturday before xmas, filling my bags with "Bed, Bath & Beyond", some books, some lingerie, maybe a cool art print. This year I''m starting early though! Really!

So what about you all? What will you give (or get)? Maybe I can get some great ideas from the Pricescope crowd...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to be cheap this year, so I''ve specified two food-related books.

JC

Shiny_Rock

Well, I''m a big CHEATER this year. I just got my Christmas present the other day and I''M LOVING IT. First, let me explain my impatience. Angie(my wife) and I already knew what we were going to buy each other this year. I was going to buy her a new diamond watch that she''s been wanting for quite some time now, and she was going to buy me a new game system(like a Playstation 2 or Nintendo GameCube). Just so everyone knows, I''m 28 years old, but still a big kid at heart. Well, we went to the mall the other day to view the diamond watch that I was going to buy for her, and we ended up ordering it in so that it would be ready to unveil at Christmas time. While we were at the mall we went into the game store. I was leaning towards a Playstation 2, but the manager said that a Playstation 3 would be introduced within the next year. So after hearing that it really didn''t make much sense to invest in a soon to be outdated game system. Angie actually wanted me to get the Nintendo GameCube because it is more "user" and "age" friendly. So it would have the ability to entertain more than just me, like her and our little neices and nephews. Well, the game store had an unbelievable deal going on that I just couldn''t pass up. So Angie bought me the Nintendo GameCube, with two "wireless" controllers, and the new Tiger Woods 2005 game for me to play. Angie said that we could go home and wrap it up for Christmas, BUT WHERE''S THE FUN IN THAT? So I''ve already had the EXTREME pleasure of enjoying my new Christmas present a little early this year........WOO HOO!!!

I''ll still have plenty to look forward to though. The "giving" and watching the expression on loveones faces is the real thing to look forward to at Christmas time anyways.....

36.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

a lump of coal....

subject to extreme pressure and temperature as to transform it''s crystal structure to tetrahedral

I''m giving my son Thomas the Tank play set with a pile of train cars and track!

Nice to see you post more here Jim. Hope you continue.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I want a laptop for Christmas, but I''m hoping for a "pressurized and heated lump of coal" for Thanksgiving....

noobie - When my youngest brother was about 4 yrs old (now 14), he LOVED Thomas the Tank Engine and trains so much that my parents have a home video of him turning the pages of a train book and kissing every last photo of a train!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to get into our house and get a few things or some money to buy a few things for our place. Im trying to reign the Fi in so we don''t spend a crapton of money on stuff when we need to pay for our house.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

What I WANT: A nice jewlery box, one with velvet and drawers and hooks for rings and stuff. (I wouldn''t mind a pieceof jewlery in it either, but we have a wedding to pay for in 05!)

Giving: So far, a Thomas Kincade lithograph. Not surewhat else yet..

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock

Gosh--I don''t have a clue as to what I''m going to give this year. I''m sure there will be clothes involved in there somewhere.

face22.gif
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Hmmm, very good question. I really like giving gifts but it takes me forever to find the perfect things. I''m so picky when it comes to myself that I tend to overthink what to give someone else. I guess I should have already started.

As for what I want--I already have too much as it is. Although I always get the coolest stuff..I feel so much like a kid during the holidays

9.gif
Three years ago I got a piano, Two years ago it was a flute and last year it was a violin. I''m thinking an upright bass, cello or a timpani set this year
31.gif
J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don''t have any more room for anything as big as those.
9.gif
I guess I''ll just have to wait and see. In the meantime..I guess I better get to work on my list of stuff to get! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results