shape
carat
color
clarity

What's going on with our LIW ladies!? Summer plans?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ladies!
I thought since it's already JUNE we should do an update. It doesn't have to just be engagement movement related, it can be anything! Your life, things that have gone right/wrong/changed anything you want to update on.

I'd really like to hear from the ladies that are in the top 20-30's because we don't seem to be having a lot of movement in that area. So ladies what is going on in those crazy lives of ours? I've been on the list within a few months of meeting my SO and I am number 18 on the list now. I've been on it for about a year and I'm hoping that I'll be removed in the next couple of months. I posted in another thread but I'm going to post it again here just so it's all together.

How about summer plans? Is anyone going on any fun trips or doing anything special this summer?

Update on us below:

I don't want to get excited but I may have some news.... :naughty:

My SO always calls twice a day when he's at work and I'm at home (yes...every day for over a year I get phone calls at home and I LOVE them despite the teasing I get from other people :rolleyes: ) and we discuss our day/etc on the phone. We have been very aggressively paying down our debt and are officially over the half way point for our biggest credit card (once that's paid off we only have ~10k combined worth of student loans left!) and the CC should be paid off by the end of the summer at the latest. This phone call we were talking about immigration/debt repayment/etc and my student loan comes to term in Oct (meaning have to start paying on it) but we are planning on paying the total sum all at once. Anyways we were talking about that stuff and I mentioned immigration stuff (I have a car that we'll be bringing up and other legal things that we'll need advising on soon enough) and he made a comment that we'll probably be engaged "long before the CC is paid off." Well during that SAME conversation he told me the plans to pay the CC off are no later then the END of this summer (we've been paying at MIN. 1k on the CC per month, closer to 1500 sometimes even 2k which has meant not going out/etc bc it all is going to debt repayment which is a good thing IMO).

We have plans to go to Niagara with my dad (the wine region and staying the night to see the lights...if you haven't seen it it's beautiful!) and perhaps it might happen there :bigsmile:

Anyways I don't want to get to excited (must focus on other things, must focus on other things! lol) but I just thought I'd share! It looks like the longest time line from when I thought we'd get engaged (I thought back in Feb. on our anniversary but I guess that was to predictable lol) will be the end of Aug but or maybe even this month (doubtful I'm thinking either when Dad is up here or shortly there after, so mid-July).

Anyways back to your regular scheduled programming. ::)

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Vintagelover229, how exciting!

Well, I'm sure you've all seen my posts about my ring being on its way. We met with Brian Gavin last week, picked out a diamond, and the bank authorized the wire yesterday...so the ring should be in production and finished within 2 weeks!
Our 7th dating anniversary is at the end of the month...so I'm expecting the proposal around then...but that part is all in BF's hands.

Also, I have a girls' trip planned with my best friend of 10 years in New Orleans at the beginning of July. I plan to have a ring to show off. :naughty: But also, I'm looking forward to the trip because it will be a blast!

That's all for me!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Eh, not much going on with me. Can't believe I joined about a year ago at #113 and now I'm almost in the top 20! :shock:

Anyway, I'm finishing up my Master's in August and going on vacation so I'm really excited about that since grad school has sucked the life out of me. Hopefully I'll be able to find a better job because my loans are getting out of hand.

As far as the engagement front we picked a place in the Riviera Maya for our destination wedding and an approximate time of year so now I guess I'm just waiting for the go ahead. We've also started to give warning to our friends and family and they're all on board. He's pretty against booking anything right now especially without a ring and to him it's unacceptable to propose without one. On that note, there has been no movement at all. His finances have stayed pretty much the same and to my knowledge has done no research because he has pictures that I sent him saved on his phone. His thinking is he can go somewhere show them the picture and it be a done deal. I try to explain to him that it involves a whole lot more than that but he doesn't seem to get it. We've had conversations about designing a ring together and he vetoed that. I'm interested (and also a little worried) about how that will turn out. I know what I would like to have and I've done my best to convey it to him so I just have to wait it out. I've got a lot to occupy myself for the next few months at least! :bigsmile:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
My summer will be pretty boring. No vacations or anything for me or BF. I will be searching for a full time elementary teaching job (unless I get the job I interviewed for. See my other thread) and working with a summer care program for school-aged children.

I'm honestly completed baffled still on our progress toward engagement. Some days he seems completely on board to go ahead and do it. Then other days he gets really sad at the thought of us getting married simply because his brother was supposed to be BF's best man and now he won't be there. As much as I would say yes if he asked me tonight, I'm beginning to wonder if there is an appropriate length of mourning time we should wait until we get engaged. This thought was sparked from the newest "advice needed" thread when the poster said that her BF suggested a year long mourning period. I'm starting to worry that while BF and I may both be ready emotionally to face a wedding without his brother's presence, will his parents and especially his brother's FI be ready to celebrate with us? Is it disrespectful to celebrate an engagement before his family is ready? Should we wait until we know for sure they will be ready to celebrate? I know that no matter when we get engaged the whole family will feel sadness that his brother is not there to celebrate with everyone.

Another question I have had lingering is that I had always told him that I refused to sign a mortgage with him unless we were engaged or married. But, if we need to wait for engagement out of respect for his family's mourning, is it wrong of me to go back on my promise and get a house with him anyways? We had planned to purchase our first home as soon as I secure a job.

In other news, I almost convinced BF to purchase a diamond at GOG this past weekend :Up_to_something: The price was apparently a typo and they wouldn't honor it (according to their policy which is posted on their website. This is in no way a bash against GOG since I didn't expect them, or any other jeweler, to honor it.) So we let it go. But it definitely made me feel like things might not be so far away after all. :) Now you can see why I have no idea when it will happen.

snow12

Rough_Rock
No summer plans. Have gone to a few job interviews and currently freelancing as a graphic designer around Boston. I'm just waiting around for the fall to come. I just graduated this past May with my BFA in Graphic Design and will be going to graduate school this fall for my MFA. Feeling pretty down lately about being a LIW, everyone I know is engaged, getting married this summer, already married or having kids. Just trying to hang tough. I haven't even been a LIW for very long- must be really hard when you've been waiting for what seems to be years! or is years! Yikes! :praise:

sjm

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

It's been a while since I posted! I am also finishing up grad school this summer (end of July) and am anxiously/nervously starting the job hunt. I have a phone interview (I am not at school in the city where I will be living) on Tuesday for a 12 month full time contract position which would basically be IDEAL for me right now! I'm accepting any dust thats coming my way!

The BF and I are happily continuing on. As I mentioned in my intro post we had just started dating at the time. I can't believe it's been over 6 months already! I know it doesn't seem long, as though I am certain there is no proposal on the immediate horizon we are definitely headed in that direction! Couldn't be happier! This summer will be full of change and transition for me and I am excited to finally be starting a new chapter in my life!!!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
No real change or anything but I am just going along trying to pay off my debts while starting my own company and we have a huge trip planned for October/November.

I am hoping it might be just before we go away so we can celebrate on our trip. I can't imagine he would take the ring with him overseas but you never know. We are also going in group so it might not be the most romantic. Arggh who knows.

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Not much to update on here either. Things are going well with my BF and I. Our 2 year anniversary is next month. We wanted to go to Cape Cod for the weekend but my office can't spare me for the Friday and Monday I wanted to take off :roll: We may go sometime in August maybe. We're still planning to go to Hawaii October/November for my 30th birthday. I'm hoping the proposal comes then or before. Although he said he plans to do it in December after he defends his dissertation. I really hope he's saying that to throw me off since he's always said he doesn't want me to know when it's coming.

In other news, I fell at work last week so I hurt my ankle and knee and I've been limping around. K's grandfather passed away last month and now his father is having some health concerns so there's been lots of drama/emotional stress lately.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mif_|1308184787|2947075 said:
No real change or anything but I am just going along trying to pay off my debts while starting my own company and we have a huge trip planned for October/November.

I am hoping it might be just before we go away so we can celebrate on our trip. I can't imagine he would take the ring with him overseas but you never know. We are also going in group so it might not be the most romantic. Arggh who knows.

Where are you going in October/November???

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
We are going to NY and also to a tropical island :)

tracerr00

Rough_Rock
I'm brand new here, so a little about myself - my BF and and I have been living together for 5 years now. I work in HR and BF is a financial advisor. He works a lot and rarely takes time off so at the end of August my sister and I are taking a girls trip to Disney World!! Other than that I don't have a lot of plans. Just work, work, work!

speechie

Rough_Rock
Just working part-time, enjoying outdoor activities, and a trip to the beach fro a friends wedding in August.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results