shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s everyone doing tonight to celebrate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The happy hubby is upstairs in the kitchen busily preparing his infamous homemade pizza (yum yum!) and we have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge. The Demon goes CRAZY when there are fireworks so we can't really go out on nights like this or the 4th of July (oh to have a *problem child*, LOL... ) I can pretty much guarantee you I'll be in bed long before midnight!

What is everyone else doing tonight?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am making homemade pizza tonight too!!! There is a twilight Zone marathon on Scifi. My hubby and I will celebrate with a beer. Are you popping open your $100 bottle
31.gif
of wine tonight? Tomorrow is my nephew''s first birthday so we can''t wait for his little birthday party.
Be safe and happy New Year!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
May you all be blessed with happiness and health in 07

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dee*Jay!

We''re staying at home too. With the craziness of Christmas Eve at my bf''s parents'' house and then Christmas with my family, we''re happy to stay at home. We''ve ordered Chinese food and I think we have a movie around here somewhere to watch. I know I won''t make it to watch the ball drop.

Happy New Year!

Zoe

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Busy Christmas out of town, that I want to kick back and eat and drink way too much here at home. Seafood and champagne should do the trick!
18.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we''re taking the train this evening into a nearby town''s downtown area for dinner, dancing, music etc at a great restaurant...the menu at tonite''s pick sounds divine and we are going with 2 of our close couple friends (who are getting married in 2007!)...so should be a fun time. we are in the late seating so we can stay til after midnight, they have a band and dancing.

then we''ll take the train home. we are within walking distance of the train station so it''s perfect for times like this and the downtown areas pretty much mostly have the train run through them in all the small boutique kind of cities/towns here.

hope everyone has a safe and happy new year celebration!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha Skippy -- No $100 bottle of anything tonight! The happy hubby just got a bottle of pink Moet at the store--to match our pig of course! (Don't ask--sometimes I think we live in an alternate reality to the rest of the normal world, LOL).

champagne with POG0001.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How I would LOOOVE to stay home with the hubby and just pig out on pizza tonight while watching the ball drop on TV. But no, we''ve been entertaining house guests (5 of them!!!) since Dec 20 so tonight we''ll be going out to show them a good time. We''re going to the Mission District here in town and will stroll around until we find a nice, low-key bar that will take walk-ins. No one in our group wants to shell out $100+ for entry into a swanky place so we''re just gonna do the casual thing.

Even so, I''d MUCH rather be cuddled up at home in front of the fire, watching TV or something. After all this non-stop entertaining I have very little juice left right now. I envy you all!!! ENJOY YOUR COZY EVENINGS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a belated Christmas celebration today with my inlaws. I made a filet roast, with a garlic rosemary sauce, mashed potatoes, and green beans, had pumpkin pie for dessert. We are invited to a party tonight but are skipping it. Happy to stay home with hubby and the kids and just chill. We are watching the Eagles game and they are kicking butt!!! Gotta love that!!!

For those going out have fun and be safe!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is The Demon supervising the pizza process. I''m sure he''s thinking, Man, you drop that thing and it''s MINE!!!

Demon supervision0001.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
We''re doing the late dinner and dancing thing too. THsi is the frst year my hubby and I are able to spend NEw YEar''s together so we''re excited! And I''m going to have fun!!! Non-alcoholic for me though cuz I have to work 30 hour (maybe more) shift tomorrow. Yick. I"ve had bad luck with my schedule and holidays this year (worked Thanksgicing and Christmas also).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KD - are you going for some sort of medal?! Five houseguests since Dec. 20th? I''d have run away from home myself by now, LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, does he have a pizza stone too!!!! I am going to have to take a picture of my pizza too. hee hee.
Cheers!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely take some pics Skippy! I have a bunch more (hubby rolling out dough; hubby cutting up sausage; Demon snarfing up spilled cheese from the floor) but I decided to restrain myself since I tend to go into picture overload.

ETA: He does have a pizza stone but he's trying some new method tonight (translation: we might be ordering from Dominos if things don't turn out like he expects, LOL).

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 7:19:47 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
KD - are you going for some sort of medal?! Five houseguests since Dec. 20th? I''d have run away from home myself by now, LOL!
DJ, believe you me, it''s taking every inch of my willpower to stay sane and not bust out the profanities about 10 times a day!!! I love my guests but I want my house and my privacy back!!!! Our house is Holiday Central Hotel every year due to friends/siblings who sorta have nowhere else to go over the holidays. We have a good time but it''s really, really exhausting. Now *I* need a vacation!!!!
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, the hopeful look on Demon''s face is cracking me up!!!!

Our dog pulled a demonic move today. Our neighbor gave us a HUGE, beautifully decorated gingerbread house (made by her grandsons) for Christmas and wouldn''t cha know it, the durn dog ATE the entire thing while we were out for brunch. The house was covered in gummy worms, frosting, marshmallows, candy canes, Hershey kisses, you name it! He''s got a tummy ache now and has been taking frequent trips to the backyard all afternoon.
20.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
We are staying in as well. Hubby is making his famous meatballs and sketti ! Sorta'' a tradition. We will have a drink or two. Probably only a glass of bubbly for me - I''m battling a nasty cold. Daughter and boyfriend will return for dinner and the hot tub.
Our Christmas was so crazy and busy, that this is all I can manage tonight.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our friends are preparing homemade sushi and kabobs. We are bringing some drinks and an appetizer. Yummy!

Happy New Year, please everyone stay safe tonight and don''t drive after having too much to drink
21.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
We had plans to go to Kinkaids tonight for a late dinner, and even had a table by the window, and the St Paul restaurant has great atmosphere-but we got our first winter storm this afternoon and this eve and it is drizzling which will be turning to ice sometime soon, so we cancelled, but are looking forward to a quiet eve at home. We will be able to see fireworks from our windows later- I would love to live somewhere we could take a train into town and avoid driving.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, your happy hubby is also very handsome! What a fabulous guy you have there, making you pizza and buying you pink champagne, lol!

DH and company (the 7 other season ticket holder friends he has) departed for the Bears/Packers game downtown at 2:30 this afternoon...I''ve been babysitting the dogs since then and indulging in a screwdriver or two! OK, so dogs don''t count as far as "drinking by yourself" but I''m heading over to our neighbors/friends for a little NYE shindig in about an hour. We''ll watch the game, drink champagne/assorted libations, chat, and hang out until the rest of the crew from the Bears game arrives at ~ 11 p.m.

DH actually purchased a breathalyzer kit online last week, with 100 extra mouthpieces, to take to the game. Although it has a disclaimer saying it won''t hold up in court, he figured better to be on the super safe side and test the D.D., and if there was any doubt they have alternate transportation (not me, TG) standing by. One of the other wives in their group so graciously volunteered to be "on call" and drive them all home in her Suburban if need be. Whew!
2.gif

Everyone staying in...aren''t you glad you''re not 20 yrs. old anymore and don''t have to risk it? I know I am! Happy New Year!
35.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!! I''m howling!
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:22 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Our dog pulled a demonic move today. Our neighbor gave us a HUGE, beautifully decorated gingerbread house (made by her grandsons) for Christmas and wouldn''t cha know it, the durn dog ATE the entire thing while we were out for brunch. The house was covered in gummy worms, frosting, marshmallows, candy canes, Hershey kisses, you name it! He''s got a tummy ache now and has been taking frequent trips to the backyard all afternoon.
20.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:22 PM
Author: KristyDarling

20.gif
God Kristy, I hope you have a lawn service to come pick all that up, LOL! Sorry to hear your dog overindulged...hope he doesn''t stay sick for too long!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and i are going to a "silly hats" party (sca). i hope i can stay awake to ring in the new year because i am used to going to bed at 9.

right now i am weary and have eye strain because i have been sewing black on black for a week now.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did not try for a sitter, so we took all the kids to the Eagles game...WE WON, with our third string, and clinched the conference (Dallas losing also clinched it for us)...so we were happy, hubby loves the post season!

Came home, Maya pup was thrilled to see us, and we will hang, with champagne (for us) and sparkling cider for the kids, and watch movies!

It was nearly 50 degrees here today and dry til the end of the game...not too bad...

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are staying home, too. Hubby has been sick all week and finally went to the doctor today. He''s now on mega doses of antibiotics, decongestants, etc. so I guess either that bottle of Moet & Chandon Brut we have chilling waits for another day or I drink it all by myself!! Oh and I made Cornish Game hens with mixed veggies for dinner, yum!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh - nothing!! My friend suggested she come up here to and go to her cabin in bend but my husband was on call this weekend so we not only didn''t do that but I never made any other plans - plus he has to be up early in the am (5am) and last night he looked at his phone and said oops - it''s next weekend @@. I mean we''ll do our thing here, keep the kids up to midnight, watch hillary duff or something equally.... whatever haha... and have sparkling cider... I''m making a ham tomorrow and some latkes (irony unintended) He took the last 7 days off from work and isn''t taking tomorrow off... I keep joking to him that he''s taking it off but his boss is coming off sabbatical and he really wants to see him because a lot has gone down and dh has been filling his job. anywho... that''s about it - so exciting and glamorous, huh? I would have made something more exciting happen if I''d known with less than 24 hours notice lol!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:43:46 PM
Author: Mara
we''re taking the train this evening into a nearby town''s downtown area for dinner, dancing, music etc at a great restaurant...the menu at tonite''s pick sounds divine and we are going with 2 of our close couple friends (who are getting married in 2007!)...so should be a fun time. we are in the late seating so we can stay til after midnight, they have a band and dancing.

then we''ll take the train home. we are within walking distance of the train station so it''s perfect for times like this and the downtown areas pretty much mostly have the train run through them in all the small boutique kind of cities/towns here.

hope everyone has a safe and happy new year celebration!
I used to take that train every day when we moved from SJ to redwood city because I wanted to stay at my old high school LOL I also took it up to the city to see my dad... catch the 7 haight... I can''t believe what my parents used to let me do at 15/16/17!! I took the train and busses all over the place alone! There was a hot dog place at the whipple stop that I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE.... I can''t remember the name of it but I got off there more than once just to eat a freaking hot dog lol! I also got proposed to by some drunk old man who got on at the belmont stop - then he popped his false teeth out at me! yikes!! freako!! my best friend lives in the building right at the end of the train station in SF - her balcony overlooks the tracks but she''s 13 floors up. Corner apt with amazing 180* view of the city... I''m sure she''ll have more fun there than she would have if she''d come up here to bend lol! Anyway - have fun!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m going to church with my best friend, and then spending some time with my boyfriend after that!!!
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going out to dinner with some family and then I think we''re heading downtown (Houston) for a little while!

Happy NY everyone. Be safe. Have fun!
35.gif

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Staying in. Hubby''s fighting a cold. Just got back from visiting in-laws over Christmas so it''ll be nice to chill out and hibernate.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Homemade pizza and champagne here, too! We''ve got two bottles of Korbel (fancy, I know) chilling in the fridge, and we''re planning on staying in and watching some DVDs. I don''t want to risk being out on the road tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results