shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s engraved on your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
engagement rings, wedding rings, anniversary rings, etc. what do you have engraved on (the inside/outside of) yours?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:36:54 PM
Author:sugar
engagement rings, wedding rings, anniversary rings, etc. what do you have engraved on (the inside/outside of) yours?
S&M October 6, 2006.

S&M are the first letters of our first names. Of course, it stands for other things as well, which we found amusing. We used "S&M" a lot in Europe (where we met backpacking) to label all of our food that went into the hostel refridgerators (a common practice). When we finally got married, we found it fitting to use the same little tag we used to label our stuff in hostels so many times.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
My Ering says :razz:LAT
And my WBand says: Facets PT950 D 1.35CT

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

No meaningful inscriptions here!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:50:38 PM
Author: mia1181
My Ering says :razz:LAT

And my WBand says: Facets PT950 D 1.35CT

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

No meaningful inscriptions here!

AHHHHH! you beat me to it! Mine actually says PLA since the T got cut off when we resized

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
ha ha, you guys are too funny!
2.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
E-ring: Proverbs 31: 10-12
Wedding band: Ephesians 5: 22-24

2.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
nothing
39.gif
...I completely forgot to ask them to engrave something. I did buy myself a 3 band rolling ring and had names of my 3 children engraved on the bands

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours are engraved with our names and wedding date.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding bands
Mine - Always by your side - Sade song we love
DHs - I am the Luckiest - Ben Folds song we love

We each selected the engraving for the other and didn''t see them till after we put them on during the ceremony. Complete coincidence that we both picked song lyrics.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring isn''t engraved, but the wedding band has our names in it. No date, it wouldn''t fit. FI''s will be tungsten, so I''m not sure if that''s engravable.

On a side note, I just found out that my parents have each other''s initials and their wedding date engraved. They are the type that leave their bands on ALL the time. They actually forgot the rings were engraved!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
annette- any plans for a 4th?

november- that''s cool that you both picked song lyrics!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Nothing, although I joked with my husband that I was going to get "put it back on" engraved on his wedding band.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:49:31 PM
Author: sugar
annette- any plans for a 4th?

november- that''s cool that you both picked song lyrics!

LOL...umm NO! LOL. I would love a 4th but I can''t see it happening. Our son was a pleasant surprise
6.gif
last year for my 40th bday. I''m pretty sure we''re done

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Our original w-bands had our married initials and wedding date in them. Unfortunately my original wedding bandis now 2 sizes too big and can''t be resized, so DH''s is the only one with the original inscription.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mine says 14k BL
3.gif
It''s hollow except at the back and that''s too narrow.

But my husbands? It says, in big block letters, PWNED.

That''s what I''m talkin'' about! Lol!

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
My husbands has the date of our wedding and Forever Love

My band didn''t have enough room so it just has our first initial with a heart in between.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:34:32 PM
Author: NovemberBride
Wedding bands
Mine - Always by your side - Sade song we love
DHs - I am the Luckiest - Ben Folds song we love

We each selected the engraving for the other and didn't see them till after we put them on during the ceremony. Complete coincidence that we both picked song lyrics.
Awwwwww, I love that song.

My e-ring : "Forever"
Our wedding bands: "Lauren & Weston 03.09.06 :-*"

We spent a lot of time in the early part of our relationship on AIM with each other . . . the kissy smiley seemed to fit perfectly.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 4:48:10 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Mine says 14k BL
3.gif

Seriously? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Best engraving ever. Hmm, I think I spend too much time on the interwebs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My E-ring has "My heart, forever."

My wedding band isn''t engraved (wasn''t sure how permanent it would be). But his says "My heart, always."

Always and forever 9-21-2008 is what John wants on my wedding band. Uniting the other two rings.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t get ours engraved. I think that I''ll have to get mine sized down so I''m kind of glad that we didn''t in the end.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Ours aren''t engraved either. It didn''t occur to either or us and it wouldn''t have fit on my original w-band anyhow as it is very narrow.

Funny story though- I ordered a plain 2mm band to wear for everyday when I realized I was thrashing my pave band. I was ridiculously excited about getting my new plain band. I had it shipped to my office and I got everyone around to open it only to find that not only was it NOT the band I ordered, it was a man''s w-band and it was engraved with "Yes Sir!" I really, really wanted to email the gal who ordered it and ask about the significance of the engraving.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:29:14 PM
Author: Gypsy
My E-ring has ''My heart, forever.''

My wedding band isn''t engraved (wasn''t sure how permanent it would be). But his says ''My heart, always.''

Always and forever 9-21-2008 is what John wants on my wedding band. Uniting the other two rings.
Perfection!

On my first e-ring were our initials and the date of the engagement. Not very exciting nor well thought out, but that''s what my mom had on the inside of hers.
20.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We each got matching bands with our names and wedding date on the outside. When I get my upgrade, I told him I want the wedding band to have "As you wish" engraved on the inside b/c we both love The Princess Bride..he thinks I''m weird but it''s one of my favorite movies!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
it''s fun seeing what everyone has or doesn''t have engraved on their rings!
28.gif

lauren- the kiss smiley is great!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
his "Still laughing..."

mine- engraved on outside decorative.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Mine says "Hometeam P&A 494" and his says "Can''t get enough of that sugarcrisp A&P 494". He is my Sugarbear ansd we got married on September 4th ''04.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My real w-band doesn''t say anything other than the manufacturers stamps, nor does my e-ring.

DH''s band and my matching one both say "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine" from the Song of Solomon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:27:05 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 3/26/2009 5:29:14 PM
Author: Gypsy
My E-ring has ''My heart, forever.''

My wedding band isn''t engraved (wasn''t sure how permanent it would be). But his says ''My heart, always.''

Perfection!

On my first e-ring were our initials and the date of the engagement. Not very exciting nor well thought out, but that''s what my mom had on the inside of hers.
20.gif
It''s sweet and classic!!
35.gif

I love "put it back on" though. ROFLMAO.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
we recently decided to have our wedding rings melted down and remade as they were flimsy and tim''s had cracked. we havent received them back yet, so i dont know what mine from him will say. mine to him, however, will say "Tim and Kareyn - 1/9/1984 - ''One'' "

my eternity ring is a half eternity band, and in it tim had engraved ''for eternity'' - which i think it rather lovely. :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 4:48:10 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Mine says 14k BL
3.gif

That''s EPIC!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I just gave Mr. Kama''s ring to be engraved today, so I wish I saw this thread before! I decided to put our wedding date on one side (27.06.09) and ''Love you always'' on the opposite side. He doesn''t know about this, so it''ll be a surprise for him :)

I dont think I''m going to engrave anything on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results