shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

r88w

Rough_Rock
Which one of these stones would look better?

1. 2.3ct round ideal cut, F color, SI-1, 61.5%-D, 57%-T, 15%-Crown, 44%-Pavilion, ex,ex, no fluor, no culet, HCA grade= 3.6 and

2. 2.0 ct round ideal cut, H color, SI-1, 62.5-D, 57%-T, 15%-Crown, 43%-Pavilion, gd sym, vgd pol, no flur, no culet, HCA grade= 1

Which stone would be better visually?

The more I read and study, the more difficult it is to make a decision.

Is there any noticeable difference between an H color and F color ideal cut stone when mounted?

Please help.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
r88w,

You're probably using pavilion and crown depths % from EGL report. These numbers are rounded and therefore useless for using with HCA.

Although you might be able to see a difference between F and H side by side, H is still very white color.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/17/2002 4:43:37 AM

r88w,

You're probably using pavilion and crown depths % from EGL report. These numbers are rounded and therefore useless for using with HCA.

Although you might be able to see a difference between F and H side by side, H is still very white color.
----------------

Leonid, you all have mentioned that EGL rounds the %. Do you mean 14.8 = 15% for example? There wasn't rounding like that on my cert (7/22/2002)....unless you mean 14.4 = 14.395?

Also R88w, in a stone this size - you need to pay attention to the MM's. Personally, I'd go bigger or better cut in the H range. Once set, the average person probably won't see a big difference. What is the price difference between 1&2?

Curious, a friend is seeking to add side stones to her diamond - side by side once set does she have to stay in the "G" range? The sides would be pears.

I read on another thread that Garry recommended that the sum of the side stones exceed the center........That would truly be a 3 stone ring. She is looking for side accent stones to add substantial umph- but not a 3 stone ring per say. If the center stone is RB 1.5 - what would make a well proportioned ring?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
May be you have a new report F&A or these numbers from IGI or other report.

It is very unlikely that both crown and pavilion depths are round numbers. 44% depth can be 43.6% or 44.4%. I'll try to find and post an example.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/17/2002 10:07:34 AM

May be you have a new report F&A or these numbers from IGI or other report.

It is very unlikely that both crown and pavilion depths are round numbers. 44% depth can be 43.6% or 44.4%. I'll try to find and post an example.
----------------

Well, that's what I was wondering - if this is something new that EGL has implemented because (while the angles are not included) my % numbers are not rounded. My EGL cert was dated 7/22/02

Although, the table % does seem to be rounded. And the rounding does produce different scores on the HCA (59% vs 58.9)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results