shape
carat
color
clarity

whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dek12nv

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I would like opinions on the following:

My gf wants a yellow gold ering, but this leaves me with some questions.
I am currently looking into stones in the f-g Vs1-SI1 .90-1.10 range.

Should I look more for one color other another due to the yellow gold?
Should I look for a setting with a platinum head?

Thanks

Dek

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
F/G color is just fine and yes, platinum prongs or head would be a very good idea.
Also try to get the best cut, symmetry & polish that you can find and afford. Also don't get pressured into anything before you are ready. If you need help, ask!
That is why we are here.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eeewww! Platinum prongs! YES! They will "blend" with the color of the diamond much more so than yellow gold would. Also, plat is much stronger, stays put. Doesn't bend or break like gold can.

There are only 3 major things to remember when searching for a diamond, besides your budget that is. 1)CUT. 2)CUT. 3)CUT.

Take your time learning. Ask questions. Don't do anything until you feel comfortable and are ready. If the diamond you had your eye on sells to someone else while you are checking it out, another will come along. The inventories are constantly changing.

Good Luck with your search!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results