shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you want to do if this was your last week on earth?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i love how you wounderful people call the beach the shore :kiss2:

Depends on where you are from. Jersey and Delaware people refer to the beach as the shore. In New York we go to the beach. No matter what you call it, it's devine.

Reactions: AV_

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread makes me want to cry. I am at the beach for the last week, and got news yesterday of a dear friend who was just diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer. That is two of my closest friends in the last year. My heart is aching and I am praying she will be cured, but so hurting for all she will have to go through to get there.

I would want to go to Pismo beach with all my family. We are all happiest here and have so many memories here. I would go to Hush Harbor bakery in Atascadero and buy all their bread and eat it with lots of butter, then to the cinnamon roll bakery and have one of those. I would spend all my time loving my kids and hugging on my grand babies. They are all so precious to me.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread makes me want to cry. I am at the beach for the last week, and got news yesterday of a dear friend who was just diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer. That is two of my closest friends in the last year. My heart is aching and I am praying she will be cured, but so hurting for all she will have to go through to get there.

I would want to go to Pismo beach with all my family. We are all happiest here and have so many memories here. I would go to Hush Harbor bakery in Atascadero and buy all their bread and eat it with lots of butter, then to the cinnamon roll bakery and have one of those. I would spend all my time loving my kids and hugging on my grand babies. They are all so precious to me.

I am so sorry @luv2sparkle :cry2:. Sending lots of healing dust and well wishes to both of your friends. And gentle (((hugs))) to you.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry luv. Breast cancer seems to be epidemic these days. As someone who has just walked this walk may I give you a little advice?

When I was diagnosed my dear friend called often and text me the most lovely inspirational and positive messages. Even just a short “Hi I’m thinking of you today.” This went on for months. It brought me to tears the outpouring of love and kindness and support. It helped so much! Be that support for your friend. She needs you, she’s still the same person. Sending you both strength and love and prayers.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want to be with my family for the whole week...soaking in all the love and hugs...I would be telling them how much I love them over and over again..and how blessed I was to have them in my life...

I shall do the same. It would be hard because we are here and my dad is in another country, but I’d try.

And also, i’d call everyone who helped me in life and thank them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
things arnt over good at our place
my other half's dsughter has her breast cancer return in her spin and liver and today we have an appointment at the hospital eye dept to try to work out the underlying cause of the other half's site problems
they tested for everything from TB to Lime disease and a host of other horeible things in between

if this was my last week on earth id spend time cuddling the cats
right now the stray tom cat Tibby is asleep on my lap snorring and Borris is behind my shoulder on the chair
got to make time for simple pleasures

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
my other half's dsughter has her breast cancer return in her spin and liver and today we have an appointment at the hospital eye dept to try to work out the underlying cause of the other half's site problems
they tested for everything from TB to Lime disease and a host of other horeible things in between

right now the stray tom cat Tibby is asleep on my lap snorring and Borris is behind my shoulder on the chair
I’m sorry about your husband’s daughter...and your hubby’s eye problems. Tabby and Borris sound like they want to comfort you. Hugs..

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh goodness! Prayers outgoing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you @Bonfire and @Mamabean
thoughts and prayers are greatfully received
the hospital just rang to postpone his appointment so hopefully that means he's non urgent if you know what i mean
we have 3 different types of eye medicine so its not like we are sitting around doing nothing
but poor Melanie is in so much pain, the tramadol didn't help so she is on morphine
Gary needs to get better for Melanie

in respect to the thread topic i think it would be really important to only say positive loving things to everybody
on one side of us is a rental with a family ranging from preschool to what you'd call junior high
there is always lots of angry shouting
the mother just roars and uses the most terrible language (Fs and Cs).at even the littlest kids
on christmas eve we called the cops because the male sounded like he was going to kill the mother from the banging and crashing we could hear - that male is gone and her mother is around more which seems calming and a happier male voice plays with the kids but there is lots of odd behavour and gang associates and lights on and coming and goings late at night because it wakes me up
both Gary and I came from quite sheltered backgrounds and we don't do drugs, but this is more than just weed
i wanted to thin the trees out along the fence but now i want them to thicken up

i don't like Borris out in the garden listening to anger and words like that but ive seen her fight another cat so i think she knows a few bad words of her own
i don't mean to put a downer on this thread, but before when i was making lunch the language from next door as the mother had words and threw things with another adult female voice really upset me

everyone needs to be nicer to everyone

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Just curious, would PSers delete their Facebook/social profiles if there was not much time left?

There is a court case where the idea of “the right to be forgotten” was mentioned. It made me wonder.

I have no children and I’m not close with my family. I will certainly be forgotten, and quickly. But is that such a bad thing? I’ve debated deleting my social media for other reasons...

Would you prefer to disappear from history?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, would PSers delete their Facebook/social profiles if there was not much time left?

There is a court case where the idea of “the right to be forgotten” was mentioned. It made me wonder.

I have no children and I’m not close with my family. I will certainly be forgotten, and quickly. But is that such a bad thing? I’ve debated deleting my social media for other reasons...

Would you prefer to disappear from history?

I wouldn't delete as I mostly do animal rescue and aviation stuff there. It is also a handy place for photos of concerts and things. DH wouldn't think to delete it and most everyone else probably would barely notice I was gone. The animal rescue people might notice and post goodbyes, but even that I'm not sure of. I'll be forgotten anyway so don't really care what happens to any social media accounts.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question and one that I hadn't considered until you asked. I have deceased friends and family whose social media accounts weren't closed when they died and some surviving friends and family tend to post remembrances on the deceased's birthday, on holidays, and to mark the date of death. Those accounts are serving as living memorials and some of them are pretty active even though the deaths occurred years ago. It helps the living grieve and remember and it seems that those who still post on those accounts appreciate the ability to do so. I prefer not to be remembered that way and would delete/close my accounts.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Interesting responses. Sorry for the threadjack, I hadn’t realized.

Back to the idea at hand, I really liked This:
also, i’d call everyone who helped me in life and thank them.

That’s a very important idea.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry luv. Breast cancer seems to be epidemic these days. As someone who has just walked this walk may I give you a little advice?

When I was diagnosed my dear friend called often and text me the most lovely inspirational and positive messages. Even just a short “Hi I’m thinking of you today.” This went on for months. It brought me to tears the outpouring of love and kindness and support. It helped so much! Be that support for your friend. She needs you, she’s still the same person. Sending you both strength and love and prayers.
Thank you @Bonfire, I most surely will. I am going to make her a soft minky fabric quilt for the chemo days. I have read that chemo or maybe just the rooms can make you quite chilly. I know she is struggling because her sister died from breast cancer a number of years ago. They have made many strides in treatment since then but it has been on her mind for years. She also has two daughters, both of which are expecting right now, so this has implications for them as well. We have a group of 11 of us know who have been friends since our late 20's. We always come together when one of us has something big going on and I am sure this will be the case here as well. Thank you for your encouragement.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bonfire, I most surely will. I am going to make her a soft minky fabric quilt for the chemo days. I have read that chemo or maybe just the rooms can make you quite chilly. I know she is struggling because her sister died from breast cancer a number of years ago. They have made many strides in treatment since then but it has been on her mind for years. She also has two daughters, both of which are expecting right now, so this has implications for them as well. We have a group of 11 of us know who have been friends since our late 20's. We always come together when one of us has something big going on and I am sure this will be the case here as well. Thank you for your encouragement.
What a wonderful group of women! You’re all so blessed to have each other. So much strength and love to draw from. I wish you all the very best!
I’ll be thinking of your friend too, praying for her wellness.

My apologies to everyone on this thread, sorry to threadjack.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a lovely idea ,@luv2sparkle.

'The chemo chair' is a well known horror amongst chemo patients, so anything that makes it more comfortable is a wonderful thing. I have 2 genetic markers for bowel cancer, and apparently these markers have about a 72% cancer rate. I kinda feel as tho a chemo chair may be in my future, and I know for sure that I'd appreciate anything anyone did to make that process less horrible.

But I suspect she values your friendship most of all, luv2sparkle; you can't put a price on that.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b and @Bonfire. After thinking about it I think I will send her little hand made quilted postcards often too. I really appreciate your thoughts and insights. Each of us in our group has something they do, or a talent if you will. My friend, Debby, is an amazing calligrapher and sign painter and she has made me many things that I treasure. I have made her a few things that I am sure she feels the same about. So I will do that in hopes to make her feel loved and supported during these days.

@mrs-b, I think about you and pray for you often and hope you will never have to go through this again. Although we have not yet met in person, I consider you a friend and cannot think of my other friends who have dealt with this disease without thinking about you too.

I don't care a whit if I am remembered. I might consider deleting social media but I don't care much about FB or instagram either.

I don't know if much could be considered on this thread a thread jack. This is definitely a topic that calls for conversation and I appreciate reading every comment.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b and @Bonfire. After thinking about it I think I will send her little hand made quilted postcards often too. I really appreciate your thoughts and insights. Each of us in our group has something they do, or a talent if you will. My friend, Debby, is an amazing calligrapher and sign painter and she has made me many things that I treasure. I have made her a few things that I am sure she feels the same about. So I will do that in hopes to make her feel loved and supported during these days.

@mrs-b, I think about you and pray for you often and hope you will never have to go through this again. Although we have not yet met in person, I consider you a friend and cannot think of my other friends who have dealt with this disease without thinking about you too.

I don't care a whit if I am remembered. I might consider deleting social media but I don't care much about FB or instagram either.

I don't know if much could be considered on this thread a thread jack. This is definitely a topic that calls for conversation and I appreciate reading every comment.

@luv2sparkle :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results