shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you rather have as a gift from coworkers?

Which option would you prefer?

• All of the money towards a gift card to your main registry

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Gifts off of the registry

• AMEX gift card to use on your honeymoon

• Combination of GC to your main registry and AMEX GC

• Show answers

• Total voters

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m putting together a shower for my male coworker (I''m good friends with him and his FI). We are getting contributions from people at work. He will be very pleased with the amount
9.gif
. Just wondering what you would rather get.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Option A please! That''s what we got from my coworkers, and it was great! Our main registry was macy''s, so even if we hadn''t been able to use the whole thing on home stuff (like that could happen!
3.gif
) we would''ve used it on clothes or shoes or whatever.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cash please. I had my work shower literally two days before my wedding and every extra dime I had was put towards last minute expenses and the honeymoon. We had a very very small registry as well so by the time the wedding came around almost everything was purchased off of it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 2:13:01 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Cash please. I had my work shower literally two days before my wedding and every extra dime I had was put towards last minute expenses and the honeymoon. We had a very very small registry as well so by the time the wedding came around almost everything was purchased off of it.
Good point. Didn''t think about that. Off to registry stalk now. His wedding is at the end of this month but the shower is on Friday.

They are moving in together for the first time after the wedding but they are moving into his home which is fully furnished. Don''t know if that makes a difference
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I voted cash, but I think an AMEX gift card could be nice too. I think having cash to use on last minute things and the honeymoon would be awesome.

You could do the gift card thing for his registry, but it really depends. If he already has a house full of stuff, he would probably rather use the money on the honeymoon.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I vote cash.

We didn''t get any gift cards for our registry, but we got so many duplicates and random things we took back that we STILL haven''t spent all the credit a year later. It would have been nice to have cash for the honeymoon or last minute things that came up.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I voted cash. Weddings are expensive and every dollar helps! What a great coworker you are!!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
What about a "honeymoon basket"--put a couple honeymoon themed things in there, like sunscreen or something, and then all the rest of the cash (possibly even origamied a la Haven (it was Haven that did the bike, right?)). That way there is a little something to give him, not just a wad of cash.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:15:00 PM
Author: laine
What about a ''honeymoon basket''--put a couple honeymoon themed things in there, like sunscreen or something, and then all the rest of the cash (possibly even origamied a la Haven (it was Haven that did the bike, right?)). That way there is a little something to give him, not just a wad of cash.
Love that idea.

I voted Amex gift card, but I like laine''s idea better.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:50:30 PM
Author: mscushion

Date: 5/4/2010 4:15:00 PM
Author: laine
What about a ''honeymoon basket''--put a couple honeymoon themed things in there, like sunscreen or something, and then all the rest of the cash (possibly even origamied a la Haven (it was Haven that did the bike, right?)). That way there is a little something to give him, not just a wad of cash.
Love that idea.

I voted Amex gift card, but I like laine''s idea better.
ditto and ditto.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I vote cash as well - although we received a gift card to the biggest mall in our city - it was very convenient

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, lots of votes for cash!
1.gif

I voted for gifts, mostly because I like to see people open gifts at a shower. An envelope full of cash just isn''t as much fun.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on their needs. I personally want people to buy off our registry instead of gifting cash. Why? Because FI and I are starting our lives together and literally have nothing as far as kitchen needs, etc. I live at home and he lives in a bachelor pad so pretty much none of his things will be staying with us. If people give us cash, I am not fully conviinced that it''d go towards things we need for our apartment. It might end up being used to pay bills, etc. and then we''d be left with nothing!

Maybe that''s a strange mindset, but it''s just how I feel.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I voted combo of AMEX card and GC to the registry, however, I think cash would be fine too. Depends on if you guys want to know they used it towards getting married stuff or the house or not.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
My posts got mixed up but I meant to say that we aren't doing a registry but I plan on bringing back some pineapples for my co-workers from Hawaii when I get back :)

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 9:50:58 PM
Author: KittyGolightly
Wow, lots of votes for cash!
1.gif

I voted for gifts, mostly because I like to see people open gifts at a shower. An envelope full of cash just isn''t as much fun.
But an envelope full of cash might definitely be more useful.

I say cash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results