shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Question -

You are on the beach alone.
You see a see- through plastic bag with money in it on the beach.
$150,000.00 inside.
Then you see that there was a tag with an address of the bank who owns this bag.
Two days ago you recall there was a Armored car hold up in the area.
You know for a fact that both the bank nor the Armored Company didn''t just up and throw away this money.

Here''s the question - What do you really do with the money?

Remember, if you write down anything but the truth, you are only lying to yourself.

I''ll give my answer later.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely HAVE to return the money...period.

I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt otherwise...!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s the right thing to do to return the money. It''s not my money.
21.gif

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how fun. I would plan to give it back, but I would negoiate a reward, like 10 percent. I learned that from a television t.v.series. I would just pretend I am an indepentdent insurance investigator. I think I would make that the game. If they refused, I''d return it. I''m old now. and want to have an high opinion of myself, but I would try to make this an opportunity.
Know why 150.000 is laying on some beach so I could prove it.
Annette

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I woud mail the bag of money to the Bank''s address. I simply couldn''t live with the guilty conscience of keeping the money for myself. It''s the right thing to do...

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I could never keep $150,000 that had the owner''s name written directly on the bag. I can''t imagine being comfortable depositing that into my bank account and then listening to the news stories about the missing money without saying a word. Then again, I don''t know anyone with a life-threatening disease that requires a $150k operation, nor owe a $150k debt to any scary mafia people... so that makes the decision a bit easier too.

HOWEVER, if it were an amount closer to $150, with no name or address or any real prospect of finding the owner... it might be a different story. In that case, I might be more willing to chalk it up to a lucky find... but still keep an ear open for any stories of lost money that might point to the rightful owner.

Like Lizz and Mara said, it''s not my money... the guilt would never be worth it.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely return it to the bank.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
ok, if it''s from a bank chances are they have a record of the serial numbers, and if you DID spend it, they may be able to trace it back to you!! Not worth the risk. And even if I knew I wouldn''t get caught, I couldn''t keep the money. Too much guilt. Besides, nothing is for free, right?? Unless I needed it to pay for a lifesaving operation, I wouldn''t do it. Taking that much money would only bring you bad luck!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely return it. And I would not try to negotiate a reward... but I would *hope* they would give me one anyway for being so honest!
17.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it definitely wouldn't be worth it to try and keep it - stuff like that has a way of turning around and biting you. I could see myself buying a big car with it and then getting killed in a wreck with the car. Just means that you shouldn't have had the car with that money in the first place.

I would however be very appreciative of being rewarded for finding and returning it. There have been alot of people that have returned very expensive items that never even got thanked. I think that is wrong as well.

My question is how do you know just by looking through a see through bag that there is $150,000 in it?

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is a riddle, right?

Darn. I can''t think of any way to crack this. There has to be a catch though!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
call me paranoid, but who is ever alone these days? lol.

i''d just keep walikng...faster. i wouldn''t touch it.

a ''lite'' version of this happened outside of Cody''s Books in Berkeley years ago. my mom and i were approaching the store and on the sidewalk there was a *huge* roll of money, larger than my fist & the wind was starting loosen the outer bills(hundreds) and scatter them.

it was like seeing a rat. eeeek. our best guess is that someone dropped it escaping the police?
23.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who tries to keep the money is crazy...if the guilt doesn''t get to you first, the police will!

Many years ago I found money and some travelers checks in the bank parking lot in AZ, all in the bank envelope, no account name or number. I went back to the bank, spoke with the manager- they of course could easily trace the transaction, it was over $2,000 (2500, I think) and the owner had yet to sign the travelers checks (I think now they make you sign the checks on one line when you puchase them as protection.) Anyway, the manager took my name and phone number. Later the bank manager called me to let me know that the money was claimed by the woman who lost it, it was money she had withdrawn for a family vacation and that she was greatful but I never heard from her directly. The bank''s corporate office did send some pretty flowers to my house as a means of thanks. I didn''t regret turning it in, it wasn''t my money (times were tough but not enough to be dishonest.)

By comparison, I know someone very well off who found $500 in a Costco shopping cart (probably someone''s grocery money.) He was like a gleeful little kid, telling everyone at work. It never crossed his mind to even leave his name with the store. He took the money and left the parking lot immediately, in case the owner came back
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d return it to the bank. No way could I live with myself if I kept it. That''s so wrong. But would be nice if I could get a small reward too.
31.gif

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
hmmm...I''d have to give it back, but I''d cry the whole time b/c that''s a whole lotta money I don''t have right now. lol. hopefully the owner would feel obligated to give me a reward, which i would decline b/c i wouldn''t want to seem greedy all the while hoping that they offer again or put it in my purse so i could say thanks and be on my way, a little bit richer. lol these things are fun. i hope we dont have to encounter this problem.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d return it too the bank...couldn''t keep it either..

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Once I was in a bank and found cash lying in an envelope at one of those tables where you fill out your deposit receipt. I thought for a moment about just keeping it, but I walked up to a guard and gave it to him. It''s funny, because I could just see the wheels turning in his head . . . keep or turn in? I didn''t even stick around to watch what HE did with the money. I walked out. As for the sum you mention . . . I think I would use my cell phone to call the police, and wait while they arrive and fill out a police report, I''d ask for a copy, and then leave.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2006 9:34:21 PM
Author: Jicky
call me paranoid, but who is ever alone these days? lol.

i''d just keep walikng...faster. i wouldn''t touch it.

That''s what I was thinking. How''d it get on the beach in the first place? I probably wouldn''t touch it either, for fear of being suspected. Fingerprints, you know.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a catch here somewhere. Since when do the bags of money from banks come in see through plastic bags??? Usually they transport the money in some type of burlap sac or something. Hmmmm. Not sure if that minor detail makes a difference, but something I thought was odd??
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee ebree i wouldn''t touch it either probably...i rarely ever touch random things laying on the ground. even if it is a load of cash. and why is it on the beach? hehee.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 12:15:57 AM
Author: Mara
hehee ebree i wouldn''t touch it either probably...i rarely ever touch random things laying on the ground. even if it is a load of cash. and why is it on the beach? hehee.
Yeah if you touch it you might get cooties, LOL!!!!
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 12:07:57 AM
Author: Kaleigh
There''s a catch here somewhere. Since when do the bags of money from banks come in see through plastic bags??? Usually they transport the money in some type of burlap sac or something. Hmmmm. Not sure if that minor detail makes a difference, but something I thought was odd??
40.gif

hehehehehe your thinking too much into it...

As for myself as tempting as it would be to keep it, id call the cops to come and get it and let them search for the rest.
While the money would solve a lot of problems it would cause even more than it solved and id sleep better without having it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 12:42:01 AM

3.gif
yeah then i''d have to have to be steam cleaned!!
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honest truth? I probably wouldn''t even pick it up in the first place. With that much money, I''d wonder if there was a sniper or someone there to attack or arrest me for something I didn''t do! Good ole paranoia!
32.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes!
6.gif

I would call the Police to come and take care of it.

Bad karma cooties all over it!
32.gif
23.gif
32.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
41.gif

Date: 6/19/2006 1:12:32 AM

hehee ebree i wouldn't touch it either probably...i rarely ever touch random things laying on the ground. even if it is a load of cash. and why is it on the beach? hehee.
3.gif
yeah then i'd have to have to be steam cleaned!!
5.gif
Isn't that money laundering?
41.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 1:36:44 AM
Author: marvel
41.gif

Date: 6/19/2006 1:12:32 AM

3.gif

yeah then i''d have to have to be steam cleaned!!
5.gif

Isn''t that money laundering?
41.gif

ROFL!!!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strm you started a second WWYD thread but haven't answered this one!! WWYD?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m answering without reading others responses.

This is easy...without hesitation: I''d call the police & turn it in. In my mind, no good can come from taking money that isn''t yours. I''d be afraid of the repercussions, but mostly, its not mine, part of a crime & since I''m a big goody goody & like being on the right side of the law...well, I''d turn it in & hope for (but not request) a reward.

At the very least, the knowledge that I did the right thing would outweigh $150k...

Jeannine

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I would put it in my safe deposit box. I would report it to the bank/police, etc. Clearly, if it belongs to a bank in a hold up or to a private person that had legit claim, I would return it to it''s rightful owner. If it goes unclaimed, and perhaps has some shady undertones to it - I''m not sure what I would do. Cooties or bad karma could be associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results