shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do with this little antique pear?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1421428722|3817456 said:
Lookinagain|1421428439|3817453 said:
Listed as 3.94 x 5.58 x 1.96

Thanks. I think it will be a bit underwhelming as a lone pendant, lone ring, or lone bracelet but will make for an excellent ring stacker or some sort of multi-stone piece of jewellery.

I totally agree. It is too tiny to be alone and honestly, I doubt I would wear it that way. It would sit in the jewelry box. I'm pretty certain that I am going to make it into a stacking ring as shown in the link above. Then I can add skinny plain bands and/or diamond bands in white and rose gold. I think I would wear it alot more that way. I've been trying to find someone who will set a customer's stone and most of the Etsy vendors have told me they will not. I did see Daniel M mentioned alot on PS and he is local to me so I am going to contact him to see if he can do this for me. I have a few other projects, another small one, and one that is larger. It would be nice to find someone local willing to take on these small projects where I'm not spending alot of money on the settings.

Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it. I'll let you know the final decision!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I strongly suggest doing a search on Daniel M for comments written in 2014 in the CS section, then decide whether you would still consider having him take on your project.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, will do. Can you suggest anyone else who will work with a customer's stones on small projects?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1421429941|3817474 said:
I strongly suggest doing a search on Daniel M for comments written in 2014 in the CS section, then decide whether you would still consider having him take on your project.

Thank you Chrono. I read the thread and although he answered my emails very promptly, it sounds like he is having some personal issues, and I would rather avoid dealing with that. I have contacted Ilya at Diamond Zone and he very quckly got back to me with a very reasonable quote. I am going with the stacking ring, bezel set in white gold, e/w with a rose gold shank. I felt bad asking him to do such a small project and I had another in the wings, for another little stone, a .55 ct OEC and two 3.3 mm OECs. So I asked for a quote for that project as well and I will have him do both. Here is my inspiration ring for the second project. I apologize to the owner of this ring for not giving credit, but I can't seem to figure out where I got the photos from, although I think is was probably PS but have searched again and canno find it. My ring will be a bit different as I will use the two 3 mm stones as well, but it will be something like this, on a smaller scale, in rose gold.

img_6676.jpg

img_6677.jpg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I think a dainty ring like this would be lovely!

_26160.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintage lover, I love that second picture!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1421614817|3818543 said:
Vintage lover, I love that second picture!

Yes I loved that suggestion too, but my diamond is just too small I think. But I'm saving that photo!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I would put it in a set of stackers. I have a set of RHR stackers that are yellow, white, and rose gold with diamonds. Each ring has a bezel set diamond of various shapes and sizes (round & square) and they fit together very nicely.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1421630772|3818649 said:
I would put it in a set of stackers. I have a set of RHR stackers that are yellow, white, and rose gold with diamonds. Each ring has a bezel set diamond of various shapes and sizes (round & square) and they fit together very nicely.

Thanks Momhappy, that is what I decided to do. I'd love to see a photo of yours.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update, I asked Ilya at Diamond Zone to make the two rings for me and they have arrived and I'm very happy with them. The little pear went into a stacking ring set in a white gold bezel with a rose gold shank. Here are some photos.

Ilya also made the other ring that I posted in this thread and I've added a few photos of that as well. All in all, Ilya was a pleasure to work with, was very responsive, the price was reasonable and I'm very happy with the results.

_27494.jpg

img_7221.jpg

finished3stone1.jpg

finished3stone2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! :love: Looks great on your hand!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Love the shape of your pear! Glad you found a way to feature it. Congrats on your new pieces!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: Love them! Can we see hand shots of the second ring pretty please!

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
That looks so cute!! Perfect use of the pear :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out really nice!

Have I mentioned I really love that 3 stone ring? Reminds me of one of my rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results