shape
carat
color
clarity

What would YOU DO? Wedding band choices :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so dramatic!
But really, you guys know how hard it is to decide on bling! I''m trying to decide between the three choices:

a) an eternity band the same mm as my e ring to go on the same hand as my ring (You have to see my ring to understand that not only does it NOT sit flush, it''s VERY far away from the e-ring itself).

This is a consideration because in the future I can wear it on the other hand with more stacking bands, which if I’m lucky, will come in the future..

b) A 5 stone band for my right hand.

The pros - I REALLY WANT THIS! The cons - the size that I want is not feasible right now, so in the back of my mind I think, why not got cheaper and stick with a ring that goes with my e-ring this way I have something to look forward to on a big anniversary?

c) A slightly thicker, fun filigree diamond and sapphire band that can be a right hand right, but it doesn''t really look like a wedding band.

Don’t ask me which I like the best, because I HAVE NO IDEA. I actually went to my jeweler with the intention of buying our bands and wound up leaving empty handed because I was so perplexed.

What are your opinions? Thank you, oh sparkly ones.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
also consider how sentimental you are. will this be THE RING he uses when he says his vows. some people always want to wear that band for that reason alone.
i vote for the eternity, but that''s cause I WANT ONE....
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, um, I''d definetly get a sentimental wedding band. A ring that signifies your marriage. But, due to the way your ring is designed and although generally I love gaps, yours would be really big, so I''d probably wear the ring AFTER the ceremony on the right hand!!! lol

Maybe find a pretty wedding band that will also coordinate with the five-stone ring you''re wanting so you can stack these together on your right hand???
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of an eternity band. The five stone band sounds nice too!! Sorry to be of no help!!
3.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
treysar, How high up does your ring sit? Is it possible to get a very narrow/short wedding band that would fit under the head of your ring?

From pictures I''ve seen that seems to be what Princess Diana did with her huge sapphire.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a new option. Make two eternity bands, one regular to wear alone and one that has a hole in the circle so that it stops at the head of the setting and picks up on the othr side. Someone has that giong on with her solitaire and it''s really cool.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 4
6.gif
1:38 PM
Author: ame
I have a new option. Make two eternity bands, one regular to wear alone and one that has a hole in the circle so that it stops at the head of the setting and picks up on the othr side. Someone has that giong on with her solitaire and it''s really cool.
Ame, I was wondering if they made such a thing. Like a ring that only goes around 3/4ths of the way and it stops at the big circle. That would be cool!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yea, someone has two of them in her post in the Show Me the Ring thread. I can''t remember the page though. Its awesome.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok found it.

Page 6 Post 4 and Post 20. Its AGBF''s set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just cool.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awsome, thanks Patty!!
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so very lovely! how about practical: do the partial bands catch on anything or do they stay snug up against the solitaire?

just as i think i''m headed in one direction, one of you posts something that just gives me more ideas! am i complaning?! well, sounds like it but i''m not! thank you!

peace, movie zombie

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that would be SO COOL! I''ll have to ask my jeweler about that!!

I am leaning towards the eternity band, it seems to be more affordable - and Patty, like you said, it can kind of fit under the head of the ring - but only slightly because my ring profile is, well, weird. In a good way!

47b5dd25b3127cce90dee206841b00000016108BauHDVq4Zg

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Treysar - your ring is to die for. I really like the option that Ame suggested. It would be the perfect foil for your already blingy-bling.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I would get the ring that matches your e-ring. You might regret not getting it. I got a wedding band that that almost matches my e-ring because it saved us $500, but now I wish that I had gotten the perfect match. I will always know that it''s not perfect.

For the other rings... you can get them for your one year anniversary, then the other one for your birthday!! I did want a sapphire and diamond band, but now my dream ring is a pave diamond with with a turqouise center stone!! You might like something different in a few months.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My gut said "eternity band"...my rings don't sit flush...but it's not an issue....it's hard to say for sure how far apart is too far apart without a visual but if you can interchange rings between right & left hands, get the eternity band which you could wear on the right hand as well. I just think an eternity band done in the size/style of your ering would be so beautiful.
30.gif

Ame's idea is also promising if it can be done.
1.gif

ETA: Did you see the celebrity rings/Cosmo thread???/ Most of those sets do not sit flush...I think it looks kind of cool. it sort of gives off an "I have X thousands of dollars twirling on my finger" vibe.
26.gif
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The way rings are being designed these days, most do not sit flush with a wedding band. Mine doesn''t there is a small gap, but looks great. I would go with what you are comfortable with. A gap is almost the norm these days. You can always wear a wedding band on the right hand too, as many people are choosing to do. I like ame''s advice, I think it would look awesome.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2005 6:45:30 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
I just think an eternity band done in the size/style of your ering would be so beautiful.
30.gif

Ame's idea is also promising if it can be done.
1.gif
I bet if you had an e-band and almost e-band made (like AGBF's) in the same antiqued style that WOULD be gorgeous.

Find out where she got those made and see if they can make something more in that style just like it. Make one with the gap and one without.

ETA: I say this assuming you and your man are made of money.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2005 5:47:4 PM
Author: treysar

I am leaning towards the eternity band...
Looking at the pic...

Can''t see why a thin ( not narrow, I mean, but thin in profile) eternity band would not fit nearly flush to the ring. One made like the pave portion of the shank of the ring would look great, IMO.

A band as dainty as THIS
23.gif
would fit flush, I think.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The band Ana just posted a link to is just stunning...and would be so beautiful with your ring.
30.gif
3.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Is it possible to custom make a band that dips at the top so you can wear it flush to your e-ring? You can even get the same size pave(?) that is on your e-ring. I know Tacori rings have a design similar to this and the w-band is very thin. I don''t know if I can find a picture or not... sorry !

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I went to a special event at a local jeweler''s today and tried on a micro eternity band. it was nice and fit flush but the diamonds were so small that they didn''t look right next to my 3-pointers in my band. It would probably look great with your pave band.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I think you really should get a wedding band to wear with your BEAUTIFUL e-ring. Have you seen this ring at www.signedpieces.com ? It''s a Facets millgrain eternity band, that I''m betting would look great with your ring.

fmilg.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
what about the one at the bottom of this link? It''s from Antique Engagement Rings.com is 2mm side and only 1.4mm tall. Maybe it would be small enough to sit flush? It has milgrain too which would be great with your e-ring.

Link

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah to answer the original question I go for #1 for tradition reasons...even if you can''t find one to sit flush

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think everyone has offered treysar some wonderful options but if I had an e-ring with as much breath-taking, beautiful detailing as hers, I would miss not being able to see it from the side
8.gif

...but since I''m left-handed I get a constant view of the side facing me with any ring I wear on my left hand
maybe the mirco eternity band would be the best choice in regard to not hiding those perfect details?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Antique engagement rings...and other sites...have the curved bands, too...would that work???

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Treysar,
I am having the same dilemna. I purchased and infinity band that looks ok with my engagement ring. I bought it with the intention of stacking it in the future. After a while I decided it didnt look good enough with my engagment ring so I decided to buy another with diamonds and sapphires to stack right away. (They''re failry inexpensive since they are about .20 and .30 carats in diamonds). I plan to wear these most of the time when we are married and I''m really excited. I''ve decided not to wear my engagement ring too much after we get married. However, I do want the option of wearing a weeding band that matches my engagement ring every once in a while but don''t think we should spend that kind of money. I think your idea of the infinity ring custom mde for your e ring is a good one. The point of my story is to say that if you can afford it, you should get the band that matches your e-ring and a set of stackable rings. That wuld be my own personal ideal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results