shape
carat
color
clarity

What will WF do?

Go4fan56

Rough_Rock
After the excellent advice and suggestions you all offered - I ordered a custom e-ring from WF. I proposed and presented the incredibly beautiful ring two weeks ago. My fiancé loves it - and the compliments are non-stop.

Tonight, at dinner with my future in-laws, she noticed on of the micro pave stones is missing. I'm incredibly embarrassed- And asked where I purchased the ring. My experience with Whiteflash has been incredible - and I'm hopeful I'll continue to feel that way after I contact them Monday.

I know micro-paves are tricky. But having one fall out after just 2 weeks of wear seems too quick for problems. What do you expect Whiteflash will tell me on Monday?

_871.png

_1343.jpeg

_1344.jpeg

_1345.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I expect they will tell you to send it back and they will repair it and check the rest of the stones over for you. I suspect they will also apologize.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think they will offer to take care of it for you. WF seems to want to make things right in the few situations I've seen on PS. Please keep us posted on what you find out on Monday. Good luck! :wavey:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am sure Whiteflash will want to repair the ring. Just wondering if your fiance plans on wearing her ring all the time. Micropave isn't as durable for everyday wear. It's a beautiful ring.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks as if the lost stone was on a bottom corner of the double-sided halo, so it's entirely possible that your fiancee inadvertently snagged the prongs. The good news is that the pave stones -- but not diamonds with a lab report (i.e., the center stone, which should be insured under your own policy) -- are covered by Whiteflash's 1-year service plan:
http://www.whiteflash.com/the-whiteflash-guarantee

Taking care of it should not be a problem -- Happy New Year to you and your fiancee!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go4fan56|1451710107|3969521 said:
After the excellent advice and suggestions you all offered - I ordered a custom e-ring from WF. I proposed and presented the incredibly beautiful ring two weeks ago. My fiancé loves it - and the compliments are non-stop.

Tonight, at dinner with my future in-laws, she noticed on of the micro pave stones is missing. I'm incredibly embarrassed- And asked where I purchased the ring. My experience with Whiteflash has been incredible - and I'm hopeful I'll continue to feel that way after I contact them Monday.

I know micro-paves are tricky. But having one fall out after just 2 weeks of wear seems too quick for problems. What do you expect Whiteflash will tell me on Monday?

As a friend and competitor of WhiteFlash for many years, I know them to be good and honorable people. I fully expect that they will ask you to send them the ring for complete inspection and repair.

Wink

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1451746001|3969628 said:
Go4fan56|1451710107|3969521 said:

As a friend and competitor of WhiteFlash for many years, I know them to be good and honorable people. I fully expect that they will ask you to send them the ring for complete inspection and repair.

Wink

Ditto. Bryan and the team are stand up folks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, it is gorgeous! You've gotten some great advice.
Just wanted to comment on what a lovely ring it is!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You chose a gorgeous ring, I am sorry your ring lost a stone. I am quite sure WF will go to great lengths to provide the absolute best remedy possible.

Must say this though: The tone of your thread title reminds me of a front page from the Enquirer.

Of course they'll do the right thing.

Personally, I would not have brought this to the board until I had gone to my vender & given them the opportunity to fix the ring--& only if things headed south would I entertain bringing it to the board.

Full disclosure: I have purchased from WF many times over and have come to realize they are a company of integrity.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
But if this is his first major jewelry purchase, I can understand that he might have freaked a bit and needed some reassurance that it will be made right.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a point, even that, I would of still gone to the vender first. JMHO.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would have, too, but I do understand a young person who has probably just bought the most expensive thing he has ever bought, having a panic moment when it needs a repair so quickly. Also, I think that engagement rings are kind of an ego thing for a lot of men, and for it to "break" so quickly would have been very embarrassing for him, indeed.

Go4fan56

Rough_Rock
My post was not meant as a slam to Whiteflash. The experience with them thus far has been A+. The stone missing was such a shock to me at dinner last night - and knowing I can't comfort my fiancé until Monday sort of panicked me. My fiancé had zero part of buying the ring and doesn't know a thing about WF. I had been so excited about everything WF that this unexpected situation had me speechless. I do expect them to continue their amazing customer service - but I also remember them telling me that because I chose custom, it is not returnable. I don't want to return it - I also don't want a lifetime of stones falling out.

I promise to report back what I hear. If they continue their amazing customer service - having potential new WF customers see how this works out from start of problem to the final long term solution could be very valuable to them.

Aside from their outstanding reputation- a reason I chose WF is that they are only 1 hour away from me and I could choose my center stone in person. I'm thankful that I'll be able to bring the ring to them in person instead of sending it!

Thank you for your perspectives... They've been very reassuring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I am sure WF will take care of the problem. It might be good if your fiancee was told that pave rings are fragile and have to have special care. Pave on the side of the halo is very vulnerable to being knocked on things inadvertantly. That can break, chip, or knock out a diamond. In addition, never wear them when working out, cleaning, cooking, doing house or yard work, sleeping, etc. Also, it is important to soak it a few times a week in either jewelry cleaner or a mixture of hot water and Dawn dishwashing liquid so that grime can't build up on it. Obviously put on lotion before putting on rings or else put it on without touching the rings. Pave rings should not be cleaned in an ultrasonic, so that is why it is important to keep up with the cleaning to keep those diamonds as sparkly as when new!

Here's some more information from Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/tips-and-advice/7-tips-for-taking-care-of-your-engagement-ring-1274.htm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results