shape
carat
color
clarity

What wedding band would you like with a Cushion Solitaire???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Trying to decide what kind of wedding band to get to go with my very low set Cushion solitaire. It is platinum, and very thin...

My fiance loves plain bands...I like diamond eternity bands. Which looks better? HELP!
33.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
They both would look good, just in a different way and may suit different tastes.

Have you tried any on yet? That''s the easyest way to work out what you think looks best.

Could you get both bands?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I too have a cushion solitaire on a very thin platinum band. What we''re doing kind of incorporates both what you and your FI want.

For our wedding in October we will exchange matching plain wedding bands. Then, for some future anniversary FI (well DH by then!) will get me an eternity band. Then I''ll have a stackable set! It suits our budget now and will be something to look forward to as well. Plus, I''m excited to have a plain band to wear when I''ll be doing hands-on activities, exercising, etc.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think a 1.7 to 2.0 mm pave platinum band will look wonderful.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is just entirely your taste. Both will look gorgeous! I have a cushion solitaire on a shared prong band and will get a WB to match, but think if my ER was a plain band, I might want to bling it up a tiny bit.

Do you feel like your FI wants you to get a plain and you''d rather an eternity band? I do think you should get what YOU like, since you will be the one wearing it day in and day out!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I have a cushion solitaire, very simple and low in a thin band, and I chose a Beverly K band that has diamonds and detail all the way around. It''s style 8WR159-D,YS on the beverly K web site if you''d like to see. I replaced the YS (yellow sapphires) with diamonds though. It''s a very thin band and just the right height to match my solitaire. I love it:)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Can you get both?
31.gif

(That''s what I''m thinking of doing)

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input!

I could do both, but personally feel like the eternity band would be better suited as an anniversary band that I a) wouldn''t want to wait for
3.gif
or b) wouldn''t like to wear the plain band alone until then...does that make sense?

I have tried on some bead-set eternity bands, and think that they look a little more "vintage-y" with my antique cushion. I feel like I am leaning towards that now...in a very thin band, as my engagement ring is 1.8mm.

If I did the bead-set band, do you recommend any vendors???

Thanks so much for all of your opinions! I appreciate it
35.gif

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks CharmyPoo! This band looks great, and that price is the best I''ve seen for platinum. I requested a quote for it in my size, and a little thicker. These bands are 1.2mm, and my engagement ring is 1.8mm.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
To top it all off .. you won''t find something with better workmanship than a Leon band.

Just don''t tell him it was the best price you saw :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results