shape
carat
color
clarity

What unusual food do you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

I was raised eating it. All of my non-Jewish friends gag at the sight of it.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I love popping a bag of microwave popcorn and when it comes out, sprinkling marshmallows in it so they can melt and get all gooey and salty. Yummy! I also like eating yellow cake mix on a spoon right out of the box. Mmmmm...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:37:39 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

Believe it or not, I like this. AND, I''m not Jewish.

It is unsightly the way it floats in a jar though...
9.gif

I also like whitefish salad (like tuna but with smoked whitefish)...especially on a toasted bagel. Moving to NY got me eating all kinds of crazy things.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:57:32 PM
Author: Bia

Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

9.gif

I also like whitefish salad (like tuna but with smoked whitefish)...especially on a toasted bagel. Moving to NY got me eating all kinds of crazy things.
LOL... yeah it''s not the most attractive looking food, but it IS yummy!

Do you rock the lox on a bagel, too, Bia? Since you''re in NY and all...
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:22:18 PM

Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

Believe it or not, I like this. AND, I'm not Jewish.

9.gif

LOL... yeah it's not the most attractive looking food, but it IS yummy!

Do you rock the lox on a bagel, too, Bia? Since you're in NY and all...
3.gif
LOL That's where I draw the line. I love lox, but not on top of cream cheese and bagels--because one thing I detest is mixing fish and cheese. I do love lox with capers though. Ive been known to eat a whole slab of smoked salmon and capers by myself...shameful I know, but if it's salty and fishy, I can't stop eating it
18.gif

Which reminds me, I also HATE Tuna melts!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I eat lox and bagels. I also love smoked oysters. Yum yum yum...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

9.gif

Anytime I go past this stuff in the grocery store I have to avert my eyes. Totally turns my stomach! I think its more the look of it than the idea of eatting jarred fish. They just look like some weird science experiment in formaldyhyde to me.
3.gif

Is gefilte the kind of fish or the way its prepared? Please pardon my ignorance!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:54:07 PM
Author: kiett98
I love popping a bag of microwave popcorn and when it comes out, sprinkling marshmallows in it so they can melt and get all gooey and salty. Yummy!
This actually sounds like a really easy snack idea! I''ll have to try this one out next time I babysit and then the kids home all hopped up on sugar.
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:16:43 PM
Author: Clairitek

Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

Believe it or not, I like this. AND, I'm not Jewish.

9.gif

Anytime I go past this stuff in the grocery store I have to avert my eyes. Totally turns my stomach! I think its more the look of it than the idea of eatting jarred fish. They just look like some weird science experiment in formaldyhyde to me.
3.gif

Is gefilte the kind of fish or the way its prepared? Please pardon my ignorance!
Prepared.

Its like a fish ball (patty?) but longish shaped. I think it has matzoh in it, right Elle? I'm not an expert but friends of mine eat it often. It's pretty good.

But yes, the way its stored does kind of look like a science experiment--good analogy!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:23:35 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 3:16:43 PM
Author: Clairitek

Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

9.gif

3.gif

Prepared.

Its like a fish ball (patty?) but longish shaped. I think it has matzoh in it, right Elle? I''m not an expert but friends of mine eat it often. It''s pretty good.

But yes, the way its stored does kind of look like a science experiment--good analogy!
It''s ground up, deboned fish mixed ( I *think* carp or pike) with matzoh meal (good job Bia!), and like onions and egg and stuff.

It does look gross, I admit it. But it tastes a lot better than say... popcorn.
14.gif

It''s definitely a love-it or hate-it food.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Any raw potato lovers? It absolutely grosses FI out when I eat one, but they are a bittery delicious that I just can''t resist.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
what are Lox?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Tinned fish - esp mackerel in sunflower oil. And sardines. Eat a tin a day! Also love cheese with marmalade.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cured salmon. Jewish people serve it on bagels with cream cheese and capers.

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

ETA: Not just Jewish people.. that came out wrong. Hehe. We got the ball rolling, but I'm sure all religions and cultures can enjoy it!
9.gif

lox875928739532.JPG

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t believe I am admitting this...but one of my favorite meals is brown rice and smoked oysters with parmesean cheese on top!! LOL!

I also love edamame, I used to eat it 4x a week! It was out of control.

ANY combo of sweet and salty! I love choc. chips on saltines or pringles and hershey kisses!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love pasta with cottage cheese on it. No sauce, no butter, just any type of pasta with some cottage cheese dumped on it nad mixed in. Yummm. My kids thing I''m nuts when I eat my pasta like :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:51:00 AM
Author: misskitty
I love sour patch kids! I don''t usually eat candy, but I cannot stop with those, and I usually end up with a sore tongue from all the sour!
8.gif

I have a confession with these. My son has braces and on halloween he gave me all his candy to throw out that he could not eat because he has braces. Well....lets just say the sour patch kids ended up in my stomach rather than the garbage. Then my daughter walked in on my eating these and she dug out hers and gave them to me. Then my other 2 kids did the same thing. And I had a whole pile of sour patch kids :)

I also love skittles. I bought a package the other day when my kids were at school and the cashier at 7-11 said, "oh a treat for the kids" and I said, nope they are for me :)

Also love tootsie rolls.

But I''m always afraid I will lose a filling when I eat them so I don''t eat them too often.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Gefilte Fish.
18.gif

Oh how funny, I just posted on the things you dislike thread how I feel about gefilte fish. I just can''t get past the gel. And for my grandma it was not just a passover thing. In her mind, anytime is a good time for gefilte fish! And at our big passover dinners, I was the only one who did not eat it. Someone on my left or right was always quick to pick up on the fast I was not going to eat it so they would ask for mine too :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:51:22 PM
Cured salmon. Jewish people serve it on bagels with cream cheese and capers.

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

ETA: Not just Jewish people.. that came out wrong. Hehe. We got the ball rolling, but I''m sure all religions and cultures can enjoy it!
9.gif
Mmmmm, love bagels with lox and cream cheese. Hold the capers though.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:15:27 AM
Author: Tuckins1
I also really like bubble tea... It''s different flavors of tea with tapioca balls in it. Yummmmm!!!!

I LOVE bubble tea. I think I got it at least once a week all through college. Now I''m nowhere near a bubble tea place (and the ones that do make it aren''t nearly as good - it just tastes weird) and I''m so sad
7.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:01:49 PM
Author: akmiss
Spam musubi! I love this stuff and try to make it once a month or so
9.gif

I have never had this, but I love SPAM, so I would love to try this. I love Spam stirr fried with different veggies.

I love toast with butter and sprinkled with sugar.
Oreo cookies with canned peaches...YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results